Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1353 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
If you can get the chance to see Taeler Hendrix's tits live, go see them imo.
I went to the Queens of Combat show. I've been to one other QOC show in the past, and had a great time. There was something off about this show, though. It was the worst wrestling show I have attended. Taeler looked great. I'm also a fan of Kimber Lee and LuFisto's new look. Apart from that, everything else was just off, unfortunately. The crowd was dead and the ladies seemed to be phoning it in when wrestling. Next time, I'll give CHIKARA a try. No points off to you for your recommendation, though. Taeler looked incredible.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Catching up on some more PWG before Wrestlemania weekend begins and my indy viewing takes a backseat!

Quick-fire review for:

PWG All-Star Weekend XI - Night 2

Chuck Taylor vs Kikutaro - *

Marty Scurll vs Timothy Thatcher - **3/4
~ Technically sound but it was all a bit pedestrian. DAT HEADBUTT THO!

Tomasso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano vs Unbreakable F'n Machines - *1/2
~ Uninspired and lazy, this did nothing for me.

Mark Andrews vs Ricochet - ***
~ Basically a collection of big moves but it was fun and wasn't overly long.

Trevor Lee vs Matt Sydal - ***1/4
~ Heated, paced well, and built to a satisfying conclusion. Enjoyable stuff here.

Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay - ****
~ Wow what a spectacle. This was a blast from start to finish. Incredible athleticism and some really beautiful sequences.

Guerrilla Warfare - ***3/4
~ Really difficult one to rate. The bulk of it is incredibly takey-turny, with just two or three guys in the ring while everyone else mashes X on the floor to regain stamina. BUT in terms of pure enjoyment, this certainly brought it. I popped big time for O'Reilly and they all told a decent story. It also felt like a good culmination of the Mount Rushmore vs PWG locker room angle they've had over the past year.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I refuse to believe Taylor/Kikutaro was anything but 5 stars.

Ordered both EVOLVE shows and the WWN Supershow today. Really excited for this weekend of wrestling.

·
Premium Member
43,957 Posts
OK, I finally got around to watching the Trevor Lee Vs. Roy Waitkins match from CWF that went over an hour and forty minutes.

Honestly, just the fact that they were able to go that long and still perform as well as they did and keep the crowd entertained throughout with a clear cut heel and a clear cut face (I don't think they ever stopped chanting for Trevor) was pretty amazing.

I'm not saying it is one of the greatest matches I've ever seen or anything, but major props for the effort and even attempting to try something like this and making it largely successful.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
EVOLVE 58. Wrestlers are listed in alphabetical order, so not spoiling who won.

Gargano/Galloway vs Nese/Konley - NR, didn't see
Riddle/Thatcher - ** (missed the first couple minutes though)
Scurll/Yahi - **3/4
Callihan/Page - **1/2
Ricochet/TJP - ****
Ospreay/Sabre - ****1/2
End/Hero vs Gulak/William - ***1/4

·
Le Champion
18,667 Posts
The lineup for last night's Wrestlecon Supershow looks nutty. Pentagon Jr. worked Sami Callihan... in the opener! That's gonna be a fun watch when it comes out. Didn't buy any of the WWN iPPVs because I read about so many bufering and lagging problems plus I was watching Takeover Dallas and the Hall of Fame (both of which were great) but it sounds like Ospreay stole the whole damn weekend.

Pentagon is returning to AAW:

·
Is a Snit Head
22,152 Posts
The lineup for last night's Wrestlecon Supershow looks nutty. Pentagon Jr. worked Sami Callihan... in the opener! That's gonna be a fun watch when it comes out. Didn't buy any of the WWN iPPVs because I read about so many bufering and lagging problems plus I was watching Takeover Dallas and the Hall of Fame (both of which were great) but it sounds like Ospreay stole the whole damn weekend.

Pentagon is returning to AAW:

The SuperShow was nuts. Crowd was red hot for everything.

I sat in the front row and Aerostar and Bestia 666 landed on my lap. I felt like I was in a war zone. I helped both guys up, grabbed a kid (teenager not like a 5 year old kid) who's chair was close to tipping over, and reset all the chairs around me.

Jeff Jarrett got heat that you normally only read about. He got slapped by a fan, Karen Jarrett was spitting at people. Between the entrances and the promos the entire 10-man tag probably took 45 minutes.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I got 58, 59 live, and the Supershow.

58 only had a problem for the first match. 59 I only saw the second half of the show so far. Haven't watched Supershow yet. Because of all the problems, WWN is reimbursing everybody with free VOD's from the past. I got EVOLVE 1, 56, and one of the China shows as my make goods.

·
Le Champion
18,667 Posts
EVOLVE news:

April 8th: The next EVOLVE events are May 6th in Joppa, MD and May 7th in Queens, NY. Tickets are now on sale in the DGUSA.tv Store. Click the links for all the building info. We'll focus on these events right now.

April 8th: We are very excited to announce Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr. as the main event for EVOLVE 60 on May 6th in the Baltimore area. This is a red hot issue after the happenings of Dallas!

April 8th: Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page is set for EVOLVE 60!

April 8th: Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano will be the main event of EVOLVE 61 in Queens on May 7th!

April 8th: We are very excited to announce that Marty Scurll will make his Northeast debut at EVOLVE 60 and EVOLVE 61.

April 8th: Harlem and Lancelot Bravado will make their returns in May following an impressive showing in the EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament last January.

April 8th: Also signed for both EVOLVE 60 and EVOLVE 61 are Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Matt Riddle, TJP with Stokely Hathaway, Fred Yehi and Lio Rush. More names will be added!

April 8th: Matt Riddle was informed that WWE will not sign him to a contract at the present time. Riddle finds himself in the middle of controversy after his EVOLVE Title Match against Timothy Thatcher at EVOLVE 58. WWN has opted to sign Riddle to a contract. We officially welcome Matt Riddle to the WWN Family!

April 8th: Unfortunately, not everything was positive last weekend. EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher had a rough weekend, which ended in a completely bizarre way. We'll have more on this in the future. We do want to make it clear now that Thatcher is still the EVOLVE Champion. However, we feel it will be best for Thatcher's mental and physical state to take a leave of absence. Thatcher is off all upcoming events indefinitely.

Lio Rush now working both ROH and EVOLVE apparently. They just need to get that title off of Thatcher now. Sami should've won it.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I read a report that the relationship with WWE is making Evolve change some things in the way they work, and that people that are contracted elsewhere aren't going to be used as much. Basically Evolve is the developmental system for WWE's development system. It said that Sami was done with Evolve. Not sure how true that is. Rush is interesting as Gabe tweeted out just last week that he was informed that he wasn't allowed to work for them going forward.

I really wonder if Gabe is being so warm to WWE because he hopes that they'll sign him along with his top talent? Haha.

·
Le Champion
18,667 Posts
House of Hardcore runs a double shot next weekend:

House of Hardcore 12
Friday April 15, 2016
Elmcor Center
107-20 Northern Blvd. Corona, NY 11368
Meet & Greet 6pm - Belltime at 8pm

Dream Match Main Event
Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Hero

Tag Team Match
Rhino & Tommy Dreamer vs. Lance Hoyt & Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Teacher vs. Student
Sami Callihan vs. Billy Gunn

Eddie Kingston vs. Bull James

Pepper Parks with Cherry Bomb vs.
Colt Cabana

Women's Match
Deanna Purrazzo vs. Thea Trinidad

Plus Tony Nese, Brian Myers, Brian Cage, Guido Maritato, Alex Reynolds, The Double Duprees, surprises and more!

--------------------

House of Hardcore 13
Saturday April 16, 2016
2300 Arena
2300 S Swanson St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Meet & Greet 5pm - Belltime at 7pm

Main Event
Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino

Tag Team Match
Chris Hero & Colt Cabana vs. Lance Hoyt & Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Brian Cage vs. Sami Callihan

Teacher vs. Student
Bull James vs. Billy Gunn

Tommy Dreamer vs. Pepper Parks with Cherry Bomb

Women's Match
Jade vs. Thea Trinidad

Plus Tony Nese, Eddie Kingston, Alex Reynolds, Ben Ortiz, Team Tremendous, SoCal Val, The Double Duprees, surprises and more!​

·
Registered
30 Posts
PWG Lëmmy
Brian Cage vs. Chris Dickinson - **1/2
Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher - ***3/4
Sami Callihan vs. Trevor Lee - **1/2
Drew Galloway vs. Jack Evans - ***1/4
Adam Cole vs. Mike Bailey - ***
Akira Tozawa vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - ***1/2
Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero - ***1/2

·
The NEW
13,419 Posts

PWG BOWIE

Chuck Taylor vs. Dalton Castle - *1/4

Chris Hero vs. Trent - ***1/4

Jack Evans vs. Sami Callihan - ***1/4

Adam Cole vs. Andrew Everett - *1/2

Trevor Lee vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. - ***1/2

Evil Uno vs. Mike Bailey - **3/4

PWG World Championship
Roderick Strong (c) vs. Drew Galloway - ***

A pretty good show.
-----------

ROH SUPERCARD OF HONOR X

Bobby Fish vs. Christopher Daniels - ***1/2

Moose vs. Roderick Strong - ***

Adam Page vs. Cheeseburger vs. Dalton Castle vs. Donovan Dijak vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Joey Daddiego - **

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Matt Sydal - **3/4

ACH vs. Adam Cole - *

The All Night Express, Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser vs. The Briscoes & War Machine - *

ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Lio Rush - ***3/4

The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Young Bucks - **1/4

This was also a pretty good show. Lethal/Rush was so good.
----------

EVOLVE 59

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship
Drew Galloway & Johnny Gargano (c) vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams - **

Chris Hero vs. Fred Yehi - ***1/2

Anthony Nese vs. Sami Callihan - *3/4

Darby Allen vs. Ethan Page - *

TJP vs. Tommy End - **3/4

Matt Riddle vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. - ****

Marty Scurll vs. Timothy Thatcher - *1/4

Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay - *

This was another pretty good show. Really liked Hero/Yehi + Riddle/ZSJ was GREAT.​

181 - 200 of 1353 Posts