Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that today there are not many tag teams where each wrestler has their own finisher. For example, E&C had Spear/Impaler and Unprettier, Hardyz had Twist of Fate and Swanton, Dudley's had Bubba Bomb and Cutter.

Only each of New Day seem to have their own but thats because they were single wrestler's first.

Like USO's, Enzo/Cass, Vaudevillains, all the NXT teams....somethings missing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
i noticed new day using Demolitions finish as a normal move the other day.

if theyre going to do that how do they top it for a finisher?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Well considering these people started out in tag teams and 99% of their matches are tag team matches, I don't think there is too big of a need for individual finishers. When they break up, they'll get their own finishers.

·
Angry at refs
2,841 Posts
Sorry for not being clear, not tag finishers, but individual finishers, do Gotch and English have their own finishers by themselves?
Ahh, okay. The title said so, but then your paragraph made it sound the other way around :p

I'm not sure what Gotch's finisher is, but English has a Swanton/second rope Swanton (which he does beautifully) and something else. Uso's.. I guess the splash can be counted as an individual finisher?
I don't think Enzo has one, but Cass does. Can't remember what it's called.

But honestly. They're in a tag team. It's not really needed for them to have a singles finisher unless they're going on a singles run.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Sorry for not being clear, not tag finishers, but individual finishers, do Gotch and English have their own finishers by themselves?
Back in his Brodway's singer days, Aiden used Director's Cut:

I don't recall Simon pinning someone in singles match, I am not sure he's allowed to use Tiger Driver in WWE either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts