Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know the drill. What matches do you consider great but don't get the praise they really deserve? Name as many as you want.

For now, I'll name one, and the one that comes to mind off the top of my head is Christian/Jericho from Wrestlemania 20. This was an incredible match given the time they had, it had a great storyline going into it, a great finish, great action, storytelling, lots of unique qualities about that match and yet you don't really see many people talk much about it. Easily a ****1/4 match, if not more. AND CHRISTIAN ACTUALLY WON IT.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Austin/Cactus/Funk/Owen vs Outlaws/Vega/Hunter from No Way Out 1998. I consider it a classic, it felt gritty, was highly entertaining, had some great spots, told a good story, the crowd loved it, etc. Almost never see it get any recognition from anyone, unfortunately.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA I Quit Match Starrcade 85. I think this is a GOAT caliber match. I gets recognition, but not like it deserves.
Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior WrestleMania 7
Ric Flair vs Lex Luger Wrestle War 90
HHH vs Shelton Benjamin
Yokozuna vs Undertaker Royal Rumble 94
DDP vs Randy Savage Halloween Havoc 97
Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Rude Beach Blast 92
Hulk Hogan Vs Lex Luger Monday Nitro August 4, 1997
123 Kid vs Razor Ramon

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA I Quit Match Starrcade 85. I think this is a GOAT caliber match. I gets recognition, but not like it deserves.
Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior WrestleMania 7
Ric Flair vs Lex Luger Wrestle War 90
HHH vs Shelton Benjamin
Yokozuna vs Undertaker Royal Rumble 94
DDP vs Randy Savage Halloween Havoc 97
Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Rude Beach Blast 92
Hulk Hogan Vs Lex Luger Monday Nitro August 4, 1997
123 Kid vs Razor Ramon
Agree with all of these, especially the Hogan vs Luger WCW title defense from Nitro. I marked out when Luger beat Hogan with the Torture Rack and won the World Heavyweight title. It was an awesome moment.

... then he loses it 6 days later at Road Wild. :no:

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Agree with all of these, especially the Hogan vs Luger WCW title defense from Nitro. I marked out when Luger beat Hogan with the Torture Rack and won the World Heavyweight title. It was an awesome moment.

... then he loses it 6 days later at Road Wild. :no:
I was 18 at the time and that match made me feel like a kid again. It was everything that Starrcade 97 Hogan/Sing should have been. Luger felt like such an underdog going in and the drama with all the interference he overcame was done brilliantly.Easily my favorite ending to a match during the time in WCW.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio vs. Worlds Greatest Tag Team from Vengeance 2003. Everytime people talk about favorite tag matches this is never in the conversation.
:yes One of the best matches of 2003. They had another amazing tag match on Smackdown 8/14/03.

Here's another incredible match that is forgotten by most people:

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio GAB 09. Almost a 5 star match.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts