Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Well Nolan does like to reuse actors so it's not that far out there. We'll wait and see I guess. I'd not be adverse to either of these, although I don't see Leo as the Riddler in my mind's eye at all, Levitt works far easier for me.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
I think I'd rather see what Gordon-Levitt can do with The Riddler over Leo. I won't bitch if Leo gets the part though.
This.

Levitt has that Riddler look to him. I could picture him with the whole get up. DiCaprio wouldn't be too bad either. Glad they used Riddler, considering how hard it would be to follow up The Joker.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Interesting, during Inception, I was thinking that DiCaprio might make an interesting character in a Batman movie. Christopher Nolan does really well casting his male characters, so I trust his judgment.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
^^ Agreed

The people I would be happy with are Paul Bettany, Tom Hardy, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Phillippe, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, though my ideal choice is Gordon-Levitt, I think the kid has potential to become a huge film star. Been a fan of his ever since Angles in the Outfield and 3rd Rock from the sun, and to see him grow up on the indy scene and breakthrough the last few years with 500 days of summer, GI Joe and Inception, the next Batman film would be the cherry on top.

Fun fact Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger both starred in the leading male lead roles in 10 Things I Hate About You, both are and were considered longshots to play the villians in the Batman films, and if you haven't noticed they actually look alike. IMO we are looking at the man that will play The Riddler, July 20 2012 I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Whoever they chose will have a hard job trying to outdo Heath Ledger's Joker. Heath Ledger played The Joker to 100% perfection IMO. Can DiCaprio, Hardy or Gordon-Levitt do the same with The Riddler? Who knows....

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I just cant wait to see the first pictures of anything from the new Batman.

Gordon-Levitt would be a great choice, but Leo is the more interesting choice. I don't like the idea of using the Penguin again though.

I also think, with a few of the more serious movies under his belt, I would like to hear Jim Carrey even considered to take The Riddler again. Albeit a more sinister, serious than Batman Forever.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Gordon-Levitt or Hardy would be excellent choices. both of them would be fun as hell to watch on the screen in the role of the Joker.

Johnny Depp would be fucking awful. he'd play the same bumbling buffoon he's been playing for the past several years, and everyone would just be like "oh its johnny depp oh its johnny depp tee tee hee." when you saw heath ledger play the joker, you just thought, "this is the fucking joker." get a better character in there, someone who relies more on a solid performance than weird mannerisms, and we're golden.

·
HOW BOUT THEM GIANTS
1,446 Posts
Really wish Michael C. Hall was going to play Riddler because he'd be absolutely PERFECT, but oh well.

This. I think it would be perfect

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,513 Posts
What Riddler are they bringing to the table? Are they going over the top Gorshin/Carrey? Or are they going for the animated style, either BAtman: TAS or The Batman with Robert Englund? Hell they could even make him the character from Die Hard 4, like Tim Olyphant, a cyber terrorist.

It's too many holes for the character. At least with Joker ya knew what he was all about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts