Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont care what you have to say about the guy. Give Bischoff complete control for ONE year. I bet he would fire Russo and every other horrible writer TNA has. We've seen the much improved production...... we saw Reaction which was a great show...... hes great on screen. Hes a great business man... i truly believe hes learned from mistakes.. especially after reading his book. Eric Bischoff knows the wrestling business.... every aspect of it... he was even a fucking announcer for a while... not saying he was good... but hes done pretty much everything there is to do.... the only other person i can think of on that list is Vince Mcmahon.

Bischoff is against drug addict matt hardy and his brother crackhead Jeff Hardy... in other words he would clean house.

TNA doesnt need the fucking drug addict , doesnt need a fucking retard who believes a wrestling belt is a prop........ thats a non wrestling fans way of looking at ANY title.

i dont mind flair, sting, hogan, or even guys like steiner

you need your vets.

but this company needs ONE person in charge with a backer that will actually advertise.

that is the problem with tna.... you can give me credit for being 100 percent right. spike tv has done shit for TNA. Dixie Carter has done shit for TNA. Besides get them on Spike. If she's even responsible for that.

Put Bischoff in charge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: in terms of TNA being a big mainstream company Eric Bischoff is the only way to g

At the least I can't see him being worse.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Re: in terms of TNA being a big mainstream company Eric Bischoff is the only way to g

You start a discussion, yet you don't care about what people have to say...? Logical.

·
Banned
485 Posts

Eric Bischoff's claim to fame, was spending all of Ted Turner's money on past their prime ex WWE wrestlers. And NWO wasn't his idea, he took credit from some chinky man in Japan. The guys a one hit wonder. / thread.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

I believe this to some extent too. I could see some of his old WCW buddies being a problem though as he might have a hard time saying no to getting some of them on the payroll.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

Didn't read the whole original post since the OP doesn't care what I have to say anyway.

Topic title is absurd. TNA has several options to choose from within the industry itself. They could also, you know, find new, fresh, original and creative backstage talent and carve their own identity.

·
Banned
193 Posts

Going by the OPs rep I take this is a troll post.

Eric ran WCW into the ground with his management style.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Eric Bischoff didn't run WCW into the ground, Bischoff built WCW with former WWF stars who could still draw, he started WCW Nitro and began the ratings war. Bischoff was responsible for the formation the NWO in North America and for building the PPV market for Wrestling. Without Bischoff, there wouldn't have been a WCW Thunder which spawned WWF Smackdown. Without Bischoff there wouldn't have been a Degeneration X or the attitude era. The downfall of WCW came from WCW executives taking Bischoff away from running the opperations of the company and bringing in Vince Russo. The downfall of WCW was the stupid mistakes the company made in 1999/2000 and the merger of AOL Time Warner.

Fastfoward to TNA... If Eric Bischoff was in complete control of the company I think he would rejuvenate the product once again. I think you would see the return of controversy to Wrestling. Bischoff would be pushing for live television once again and would start to bring an edgier product to TNA. That's what TNA is lacking right now. They don't need to replace talent or eliminate people from the roster. TNA needs to promote a product with a live show that's controversial and unpredictable. I truly believe that the Monday Night War 2.0 would have worked had Spike broadcasted Impact live every week and not have a rerun on the original Thursday Nights.

·
Banned
193 Posts

Eric Bischoff didn't run WCW into the ground, Bischoff built WCW with former WWF stars who could still draw, he started WCW Nitro and began the ratings war. Bischoff was responsible for the formation the NWO in North America and for building the PPV market for Wrestling. Without Bischoff, there wouldn't have been a WCW Thunder which spawned WWF Smackdown. Without Bischoff there wouldn't have been a Degeneration X or the attitude era. The downfall of WCW came from WCW executives taking Bischoff away from running the opperations of the company and bringing in Vince Russo. The downfall of WCW was the stupid mistakes the company made in 1999/2000 and the merger of AOL Time Warner.
Wow youve no understanding WCW how old are you? Were you following it on the internet or via newsletters at the time?

WCW didnt build the PPV market for Wrestling not by a long shot.

Bischoff will tell you WCW Thunder was his single biggest mistake running WCW.

Bischoff created a toxic corporate culture as well as structured some poorly draw contracts which destroy the viability of the company.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Its funny, WCW in its dying days was drawing 5-6 million fans a week to their two TV shows. Nitro was in the 2.0s and Thunder was drawing the same rating Smackdown is these days. WCWs ownership was a massive failure as soon as the merger came about but WCW, even with its reduced content towards the end, was still a major draw in the cable television world.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts

If Bischoff had learned from his mistakes I would be inclined to say...maybe.

EB's track record is less than stellar though, some of his short-term ideas were great, 'live shows', 'focus group feedback', 'unpredictability' etc. All made WCW must-see-TV.

Long-term his plans couldn't be sustained. Previously mentioned, contract structure was a sure-fire dead end. Focus on ratings did little to increase the actual revenue, so they were essentially dipping into Turner surplus $.
Once the merger took place and the umbrella company was no longer willing to shill out dollars to a program they didn't want to be associated with, well, the writing was on the wall. No matter what WCW did, or what numbers they drew, they had little backing.

I think a position of power, maybe director of programming or something where his skills will be utilized best. Total power? IDK. We've already seen how that scenario plays out.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Wow so many people responding to the OP with so little actual points and just trolling the thread.

First off give up the BS that Bischoff ran the company into the ground its a complete and utter LIE. He was the ONLY and I repeat ONLY person to ever have that company making money and being noteworthy. You can talk about the good old pre-Bisch days you want but its was completely mismanaged and they were consistenly not making a dime.

As for "his only thing was the NWO" thats utter crap as well. There was a well managed mid and under card. Lucha libre and smaller guys got spotlights they'd never have again.

Now thats the actual facts.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts

There is no list of stars in this era for Bischoff to do it again back then WWE had so many stars for Bischoff to steal that not the case today..Both Orton and Cena will be in the WWE for the next 10 years.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts

Where is all this recent Bischoff love coming from? It’s quite baffling. He has done nothing but leech off TNA. I wouldn’t trust Bischoff to run a bath, at this point. New blood with fresh ideas is required.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts