Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After realizing my two threads probably gave their knockout ppv more promotion than their youtube video.. ive come to the conclusion that TNA is ran by monkies.

I like TNA, i dont like the WWE anymore.. but the WWE at least promotes their shit. I can honestly say if 10.10.10 werent such a catchy date i wouldnt even know when the hell BFG is.

Ive yet to see one BFG ppv commercial.. no signings with fans .. nothing. TNA copies the WWE in the wrong aspects of the wrestling business. If were to mold my product aything like the WWE it would be the way they promote EVERYTHING .

You can have Hulk Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy , Kurt Angle and do the most awesome ppv and it means SHIT if people dont know about it. SHIT.

One thing TNA doesnt seem to understand is you have to lose money to make money. Its like they expect to put a ppv out and have 100,000 + buys

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stop changing your opinion just to fit in:

Flip-floppers fail.
They are on a budget.. a budget meaning they cant be liek WWE and travel.. or have a fancy set.. but they can promote their BIGGEST fucking ppv.

Dude dont be an idiot.

You can be on a budget and still be smart with your money.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Spending tons of money advertising the PPV would be stupid because the whole PPV model is outdated and only works for companies that are already huge such as WWE and UFC.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
They are on a budget.. a budget meaning they cant be liek WWE and travel.. or have a fancy set.. but they can promote their BIGGEST fucking ppv.

Dude dont be an idiot.

You can be on a budget and still be smart with your money.
You are the one that said it. Nobody said anything about travelling or a fancy set. I said typical TNA advertising on Twitter and youtube only and you told me they were on a budget. I'm not being an idiot bro, I'm just pointing out your flip-flop. You said they were on a budget and that was their excuse, now you changed it up overnight. Don't worry though you aren't the first to do it and you won't be the last.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are the one that said it. Nobody said anything about travelling or a fancy set. I said typical TNA advertising on Twitter and youtube only and you told me they were on a budget. I'm not being an idiot bro, I'm just pointing out your flip-flop. You said they were on a budget and that was their excuse, now you changed it up overnight. Don't worry though you aren't the first to do it and you won't be the last.
That comment wasnt about BFG it was about the KO's ppv.. then i realized how little theyve done to promote that ppv. When there's free ways and other things they could HAVE done to promote the KO's ppv. Nobody was talking about BFG. Its your superbowl.. world series.. whatever.. spend some money on it

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then i remembered stupid things they did like hire pacman jones. You arent going to prove me wrong.. just give it up. Im a big TNA fan/supporter but i will point out the obvious.. TNA is ran by idiots when it comes to promotion.. budget or not.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Then i remembered stupid things they did like hire pacman jones. You arent going to prove me wrong.. just give it up. Im a big TNA fan/supporter but i will point out the obvious.. TNA is ran by idiots when it comes to promotion.. budget or not.
Give up what? I'm not trying to prove you wrong or disagreeing with the fact that TNA is mismanaged. I clearly thought that 2 days ago when I posted it in your KO's PPV thread and you obviously disagreed because TNA is "on a budget."

I'm merely pointing out that you are a flip flopper.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I'm by no means a grammar Nazi, but if you're going to accuse anyone of being an idiot in your thread title - you need to get that shit correct.

Anyway, it's no secret that one of TNA's biggest problems is promoting it's promotion lol.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I'm tired of hearing TNA apologist talk about how TNA can't promote their product as they should because they are on a budget. Typos of the Slammiversary 8 website, The 'Thrusday' commerical, and TNA's new Jakks figure Robert Roode having a misspelling on the back of his tights has NOTHING to do with budget and EVERYTHING to do with giving a fuck. TNA payed Hall, OJ, The Nasty Boys, BTLS, Val Venis to all come in this year and they have all since left. TNA has re-signed Hemme to a multi-year deal and has also re-signed Tara.

At the end of the day its clear that TNA has money, but they just put it in the wrong places. Here are a few things TNA can do to save money and offer a better presentation of the product:

1. No more roman candles in the Impact Zone

2. Fire: OJ, Earl Hebner (no need for a famous ref), Brian Hebner, Mike Tenay, Taz, Tara, and Christy Hemme. None of those people can justify their paychecks and are only there because of what they did in WWE a long time ago.

3. Spell check EVERYTHING. Every product that goes out should be looked at up and down. Debated. Etc.

4. Invest into theme music for the wrestlers. Signature theme music is SO important in mainstream wrestling and anyone who denies that is just full of themselves. This will also help TNA make some money because they will be able to sell a cd of TNA theme songs that people will ACTUALLY want to buy.

5. Firing Mike Tenay and Taz are not enough. They have to be replaced by people who can make the product some legit and isn't annoying while doing it. A team of Mike Quackenbush and Mick Foley would be perfect.

6. Make things feel special. Ric Flair has had 4 matches (the fourth one coming up on 10/7/10) in TNA and all of them have occurred in The Impact Zone and only one of them has been on PPV.

·
Registered
357 Posts
TNA is run by ex-wrestlers rather than business people that understand the wrestling business.

Too much budget is skewed towards the wrestling talent (in some cases lack of) in stead of brand promotion and investment. I think the WWE is almost the other way, the actual wrestling and shows are lacking but it's a corporate moneymaking machine. We need something in the middle.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
advertising costs money and requires knowledge. TNA is on a budget and misses obvious advertising opportunity.

What i find most amusing, is guys that only post bs rant about TNA and aren't able to put out a single idea and actually only post to talk trash about the product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts