Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the better match, Cena vs. Punk at MITB 2011 or Cena vs. Rock at WM 28?

The Rock & CM Punk both were fighting in their hometowns so which one had the better response?

Also should the main-event of wrestlemania 28 have been Cena vs. Punk instead of Cena vs. The Rock?

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Re: In terms of crowd response and match quality, what do you think was the better ma

Well Punk was more over in Chicago than Rock was in Miami. Cena had some people on his side in Miami.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Re: In terms of crowd response and match quality, what do you think was the better ma

Crowd Response? Punk vs Cena, probably though because it was in a closed arena and everyone wanted Punk to win. Match seemed to last longer (Not saying it did, just felt like it) and there was a lot of close moments,

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Cena-Punk for sure, both match wise and crowd wise.

Rock-Cena had the better build though, but Cena-Punk had the memorable ending(with Punk winning AND leaving with the title)

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts

I loved both matches but I think Punk/Cena was the better match. It had everything - psychology, back and forth, crowd reaction, near falls, lots of big moves and cool reversals. Everything a great wrestling match should have. Rock/Cena had that too but I think a top rope AA near-fall would have been amazing.

·
Registered
889 Posts

We had this topic a week ago. Quite a long thread. If my memory serves me correctly most people here preferred Punk vs. Cena.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts

We just had this thread it was on the raw section with a poll and Punk/Cena was winning last time I checked.

1MINUTELATEFUCKUPOJKO

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

Match quality is CM Punk vs Cena and crowd response is a tie as both had amazing crowds.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

The Rock winning got a bigger pop than CM Punk's entrance, but Punk vs Cena was definitely better.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts

Cena vs Punk no questions asked. That crowd was hot from beginning til end and Punk winning and leaving with the belt and blowing Vince a kiss was priceless.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts

I thought Cena/Rock was honestly 10 minutes longer then it needed to be. Way too many lull and stretch periods for me. Had that match been 20 or so minutes instead of 30, the match would have ended up MUCH better because it would have been faster paced. As for tr crowd, if Cena/Rock was held in an indoor arena with a capacity of 15,000 like Cena/Punk, the crowd also would been much hotter and would have maintained that heat throughout the entire match.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts

Just had this thread recently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.