Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the story they tell with it is that Balor has to use his speed to wear down the beast little by little before he can even hope to beat him, I'd be fine with it.

Better yet, make it EXPLICITLY clear that the second Brock manages to lay his hands on Balor, it's pretty much over. You could make a pretty good story with that. Have Balor slowly whittle Brock down while staying out of his grasp, and when it looks like victory is within his grasp, have Balor make a fatal mistake. Then Brock DEMOLISHES him.

TL;DR, make Balor/Brock like Obyern/The Mountain.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts

copy this

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Anything less than what they had to do when Eddie beat Brock would he unacceptable for me. I'm not even sure if a Heyman turn would be enough unless there was a really big weapon shot from behind or something like that and even then I'd still prefer there being another wrestle involved.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Like I said yesterday, if Balor presents more of a fight to Brock than Rollins in 2015 or Ambrose last year I would be so mad. Rollins is bigger and stronger than Balor and Ambrose had a hardcore stipulation that fits him, yet both got squashed badly, and now you are telling me that 180 pounds Balor will have a chance against Brock? It's like saying that Aaliyah has a chance against "I pinned 2 undefeated girls at the same time" Asuka

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Like I said yesterday, if Balor presents more of a fight to Brock than Rollins in 2015 or Ambrose last year I would be so mad. Rollins is bigger and stronger than Balor and Ambrose had a hardcore stipulation that fits him, yet both got squashed badly
This is the one and only way it should happen...

Balor bum rushes Lesnar, Lesnar picks him up and hits the F5.

1, 2, 3.

Winner: Lesnar (0:10)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said yesterday, if Balor presents more of a fight to Brock than Rollins in 2015 or Ambrose last year I would be so mad. Rollins is bigger and stronger than Balor and Ambrose had a hardcore stipulation that fits him, yet both got squashed badly, and now you are telling me that 180 pounds Balor will have a chance against Brock? It's like saying that Aaliyah has a chance against "I pinned 2 undefeated girls at the same time" Asuka
Only as long as Brock doesn't lay his hands on him. The second Brock does, it should be a massacre.

The biggest mistake would be to book it as them trading blows with each other.

Reactions: Mysteriobiceps

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
You would have felt the same way about Bryan potential beating Brock at WM 31?
Bryan shouldn't have beaten Lesnar, but he should have gotten his chances here and there. He's hell of a lot more skillful than Balor and was a million times more over than him.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Brock can catch Bàlor midair (while attempting to do a Coup de Grâce) with one hand.

Meltzer should go over Lesnar before Bàlor ever will.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If the story they tell with it is that Balor has to use his speed to wear down the beast little by little before he can even hope to beat him, I'd be fine with it.

Better yet, make it EXPLICITLY clear that the second Brock manages to lay his hands on Balor, it's pretty much over. You could make a pretty good story with that. Have Balor slowly whittle Brock down while staying out of his grasp, and when it looks like victory is within his grasp, have Balor make a fatal mistake. Then Brock DEMOLISHES him.

TL;DR, make Balor/Brock like Obyern/The Mountain.
In terms of making it believable, the best thing is for Brock to ragdoll him around and have him endure; escaping from the ring when possible. Then for Balor to concentrate on submission holds to wear him down and work a leg. Then start with the actual moves.

Either that, or have a triple threat match. This fatal 5 way, might end inconclusively. With Reigns believing he should have won. Thus setting up a triple threat match. That way, the heavy lifting can be done by Reigns, and even have Balor pinning Reigns in the end to win the title.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
That's not going to be the story they do.

The story they will do is that "The Demon King" can match up to "The Beast Incarnate" :heyman6

1 - 20 of 105 Posts