Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it, it's not bringing in huge attendence. Nor is it bringing in Raw's ratings. I don't think WWE really cares about the show overall. I'd much prefer them to get rid of Smackdown and make Raw three hours every week.

Your thoughts? Would you miss Smackdown and if so, why? To me, the show seems very lazy, booking wise in comparison to Raw where all the big stories take place. I would miss the few good TV matches we get but WWE can always save them for the PPVs instead of giving them away in throwaway matches with DQ endings and such.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Smackdown severly lacks the star power that RAW currently has. So creative don't give as much a fuck about story telling the more low profile wrestlers.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Right. Vince will just shrug his shoulders and say, "You win some, you lose some," when he decides to do without that annual $150-200 million in revenue Smackdown generates for him on average.

Its attendance and viewership numbers aren't at Raw's level, but it's hardly a failing enterprise. Would WWE like to see it do better? Sure. Does it actively have to do better than it is today for WWE to be content with what it's bringing in? No.

I'd miss Smackdown simply because it's still more of an old-time wrestling show than Raw. Daniel Bryan's push could never have taken place on Raw this past winter, but it worked like gangbusters on Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Right. Vince will just shrug his shoulders and say, "You win some, you lose some," when he decides to do without that annual $150-200 million in revenue Smackdown generates for him on average.

Its attendance and viewership numbers aren't at Raw's level, but it's hardly a failing enterprise. Would WWE like to see it do better? Sure. Does it actively have to do better than it is today for WWE to be content with what it's bringing in? No.

I'd miss Smackdown simply because it's still more of an old-time wrestling show than Raw. Daniel Bryan's push could never have taken place on Raw this past winter, but it worked like gangbusters on Smackdown.
Well said sir, I agree completely.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

Des Row da GAWD laying down some of that TRUTH

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
its shit, and has been for a while. but it doesnt have to be. dont see that changing tho.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Nah, even if it is usually lazily booked, some guys who won't get time on RAW can do so on Smackdown. Thus they can develop more, I watch Smackdown only for the parts that contain some of my favorites, and I bet lots of people do too. Whether its for Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio etc... and others.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Lets face it, it's not bringing in huge attendence. Nor is it bringing in Raw's ratings. I don't think WWE really cares about the show overall. I'd much prefer them to get rid of Smackdown and make Raw three hours every week.

Your thoughts? Would you miss Smackdown and if so, why? To me, the show seems very lazy, booking wise in comparison to Raw where all the big stories take place. I would miss the few good TV matches we get but WWE can always save them for the PPVs instead of giving them away in throwaway matches with DQ endings and such.
Business strategist here

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, even if it is usually lazily booked, some guys who won't get time on RAW can do so on Smackdown. Thus they can develop more, I watch Smackdown only for the parts that contain some of my favorites, and I bet lots of people do too. Whether its for Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio etc... and others.
All those guys get on Raw every week anyway.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Get rid of Smackdown? No chance. That wouldn't work at all. As bad as Smackdown is, it's still very profitable.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Is there any way they could make Smackdown a live show on a permanent basis? That would do it wonders.

No one cares about Smackdown cause they know whats gonna happen each week.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Instead of getting rid of the show I think WWE should put much more effort into making the show better and must see television. I used to watch Smackdown every week but now I don't care if I miss an episode or not. I used to be that way with Raw and now that's switched since Punk became Champion, Jericho/Rock/Lesnar returned and RTWM. WWE didn't even try to make SD! hot on the RTWM this year, and it's certainly not hot right now.

·
Banned
4,059 Posts
OK so all the smackdown guys will fit onto on 2 hour Raw a week, yeah? So it will be more of a clusterfuck then it already is, yeah? WWE will throw away $200 million dollars a year, yeah?

Genius.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
No. It's good that there's more TV-Time availability for certain wrestlers.

But for me Smackdown should try to be much more different than RAW so it will also attract to watch it. It's somehow like the WWE is happy with the situation that Smackdown is just a B-Brand.

Or they could just remove the brand-split and have only one roster.

·
Registered
778 Posts
How about they bring and use the TV Title on SD only?where people from RAW can fight for it and if they win it,they stick up at SD until they lose it?:D.
I'm not sure,just thought about that,it'd gather some fans to watch a bit more because they'll be guaranteed at least a lengthy match on TV :D.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Yeah, i don't see the sense in getting rid of SD, they just need to improve it. End the split/going live would be my plan.

Besides, where would all the wrestlers/stories go?

You mentioned making Raw 3 hours, but i don't think people would like that at all, look at how we reacted to this week.

·
Si
915 Posts
The reason it's bad is because they're throwing away the feuds on RAW.

Kane/Orton - biggest SD feud at the minute had a massive segment on RAW.
Bryan/Sheamus - everything you need to know happened on RAW.

There are your 2 biggest feuds on SD and they're happening on RAW. That's the problem. Also, it needs to be live.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
It should feature great matches and minimum storyline development, so that there's a reason to watch the show even if you've read the spoilers.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
If they got rid of Smackdown, they'd be getting rid of a huge piece of revenue and a little piece of WWE history. I'd rather they keep it but unify the brands like "the good old days"

1 - 20 of 47 Posts