1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do they make the guys fight like every week
The less you fight, the better I think
Well to a certain extent keep that in mind

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,097 Posts
I agree. Wrestling should be a tease. You don't rip your clothes off in the first 30 seconds and then yell at everybody to watch as they'll get to see you just like this over and over again.

There are some possible exceptions. I'm one of the few who liked the way they continued the Ziggler/Kingston series in the summer, despite the storyline not being very meaty because it was a basic, meat-and-potatoes angle of a heel taking a face's championship and the face chasing that heel without being able to quite take it back. Nothing too exciting, and a transitional feud of sorts for all involved.

But in most cases, the less you wrestle each other (on television, especially), the better. This is something for which WWE is all too often guilty--overexposing its feuds, no matter how potentially hot they are. One cute way of extending feuds and filling up TV time without giving up the main course is like what we saw on tonight's Raw with Team Orton vs. Team Barrett, where you have a large multi-man affair that gives just an appetizer for what is to come without spoiling the actual match itself. (Though in this case we did see Barrett vs. Orton at Bragging Rights and the results weren't spectacular, but at least they aren't whoring it out on TV in direct one-on-one matches.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts