Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know money wise it makes perfect sense to keep smackdown on syfy, but really live on Tuesday nights on the wwe network is where it belongs. Agree? Disagree?

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
people still watch smackdown?

What I do remember is Smackdown's debut and how it was pushed as The Rock's show. It was huge at the time and amongst us kids, I think we enjoyed it more than Raw at times. It was the edgier show, the funnier show and the one with all the good true wrestling matches.

Where did it all go so wrong?

·
Registered
55 Posts

What I do remember is Smackdown's debut and how it was pushed as The Rock's show. It was huge at the time and amongst us kids, I think we enjoyed it more than Raw at times. It was the edgier show, the funnier show and the one with all the good true wrestling matches.

I agree. You used to have to watch smack down to keep up with some of the conflicts going on. Now they can put a match on SD and then on the next week of raw and nobody even notice it's the same match

·
Registered
84 Posts

Its still there and pretty damn great. Better wrestling matches now but it was a bit wilder back then. I still love watching Smackdown so I might be one of the few lol

·
Registered
9,346 Posts

Back in 2003, Smackdown was definitely the better show. In 2004 I'd say it was equal. By 2005, Raw was better (but neither were particularly amazing).

On topic, though, the WWE network would be a great opportunity for the WWE to air pretty much anything they wanted to live. Like, they could even film house shows and put those on air, for people who are interested.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
I agree. You used to have to watch smack down to keep up with some of the conflicts going on. Now they can put a match on SD and then on the next week of raw and nobody even notice it's the same match
Shiiit I was just thinking that, I only watch Raw and it doesn't feel like I've missed any of the action.

Its still there and pretty damn great. Better wrestling matches now but it was a bit wilder back then. I still love watching Smackdown so I might be one of the few lol
I might give it a go, Raw is far too showy, 3 hours of BS and talking on the mic with barely any matches lasting at least 10 mins. Smackdown used to have terrific matches, Lesnar/Show, Lesnar/Angle, HHH/Taker/Angle...the list just goes on and on.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Back in 2003, Smackdown was definitely the better show. In 2004 I'd say it was equal. By 2005, Raw was better (but neither were particularly amazing).

On topic, though, the WWE network would be a great opportunity for the WWE to air pretty much anything they wanted to live. Like, they could even film house shows and put those on air, for people who are interested.
I agree, 05, 06 and 07 may have been the worst years if memory serves me right. I remember that was pretty much when I said no to wrestling.

In terms of the Network, why not put on matches from WWEs developmental circuit?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Smackdown is kindof the Shields show. They are the main part of it week in and week out. Last week Cena/Usos vs The Wyatt Family ( rematch on Raw) was really good ( better then the match on Raw). Also Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose was pretty damn good as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree, 05, 06 and 07 may have been the worst years if memory serves me right. I remember that was pretty much when I said no to wrestling.

In terms of the Network, why not put on matches from WWEs developmental circuit?
NXT is on there so they do show WWE's developmental system matches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts