Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i get roman isnt the rock on the mic or even close to it but is he really that bad on the mic i always see people say he is awful but i really dont see it

·
Banned
879 Posts
of course he is. theres a reason why i either mute the tv, change the channel, or walk out of the room whenever he appears with a mic. i rarely ever do that to poor mic workers too.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,195 Posts
He's not on the level you need to lead the company as a top face.

He works the crowd well though - which is why him still being considered a face is stupid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i get he dosent have FOTC mic skills but i cant say he is awful on the mic not since around 2014-15 atleast

·
it's a tarp!
5,790 Posts
Roman consistently looks like there's not much going on behind the eyes, but in the scripted promo era he's up there with Apollo Crews and Bayley.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
As a main event guy, hes aight. As the face of the company, he is terrible.

Compare him to the guys that came before. Cena, Austin, Hulk, etc.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't watch it live. I skip every moment he is in because its the same every single time.
"This is my yard, get out of my ring... " *Chorus of boos fills the arena*
MC "Love him or hate him, but the big dawg always gets a reaction"
*Superman punches some guy and almost hits a spear*
*mumbles about whatever PPV they will battle on and does a brooding session without blinking while staring into the distance*

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yes and he knows it too, but he's been handling it better than he used to, he's covering it by barely speaking now. When was the last time he cut a proper promo? He just says a few words now.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,633 Posts
MC "Love him or hate him, but the big dawg always gets a reaction"
You know what reaction I have when he shows up, my reflects which I used to grab the remote and turn off the TV. For example at wrestlemania I went to bed when the taker vs reogns match started. He made me miss the undertakers last match, that's my reaction to him.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
He's improved so much in every category except this one. He's absolutely terrible. His short badass/heelish promos are alright, but his face promos are a 2/10 at best.

Reactions: InexorableJourney

·
Registered
755 Posts
You know what reaction I have when he shows up, my reflects which I used to grab the remote and turn off the TV. For example at wrestlemania I went to bed when the taker vs reogns match started. He made me miss the undertakers last match, that's my reaction to him.
He botched badly during that match. He was supposed to reverse a piledriver and couldn't lift The Undertaker. Then he goes over clean, and instead of getting like a passing of the torch in the ring with Taker, they just let him leave to a charus of boos and made him more of a heelish prick, who retired a legend. I've got no idea who booked it that way, but if they want to get RR over as the face of the company, I dunno, why not do a Rock/Cena moment with both on stage hugging one another after a brutal battle to pass that torch. Nah, lets just leave the chorus of boos instead, and hope they forget about it by Raw!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes and he knows it too, but he's been handling it better than he used to, he's covering it by barely speaking now. When was the last time he cut a proper promo? He just says a few words now.
He cut a promo against taker on march 17 raw last lenthy one that comes to mind and this weeks go home raw

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
He's not. If you look up some of his recent big promo moments on Youtube - i.e. his wedding crash segment with Rusev and Lana, the promo he cut on Undertaker before Wrestlemania, etc - you'll see a lot of comments saying something along the lines of "wow he's improved a lot on the mic" or "this is his best ever promo", etc.

He's in a similar camp to Rollins. Neither are particularly great on the mic, but both are more than serviceable as main eventers. As a face of the company, though, Reigns clearly isn't close to the same level as Cena/Austin/Rock/Hogan/etc. Unlike some wrestlers - i.e. Bayley - he can hold his own just fine on a lengthy promo, but Creative have the common sense to book him to his strengths which is why he's back to the short and sweet promos of his Shield days and not his meandering "this ain't boring, this is real life" promos from 2015.

He's graduated from stuttering succotash to deceptively decent.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts