Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel about NXT UK's The Ring General WALTER'S debut with his cronies Barthel, Wolfe, & Aichner in tow?? I mean it's the main roster and knowing Vince McMahon he had then look weak when all of them are so talented including WALTER but what are your thoughts on this???

·
None. More. Hated.
5,330 Posts
Typical person that doesn't know a damn thing about these people lol and wouldn't know real talent if it stared at him in the face but everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
Ive seen Aichner. Typical nothing guy doing flips. The other one is a Sanity reject. And talent is in the eye of the beholder. You dont hold the definition to it bud.

·
rasslin
2,642 Posts
I don't understand how we're meant to take stables seriously if they can't beat a thrown together team.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
That wasn't a main roster debut. That was hype for the survivors series. Walter especially is extremely unlikely to go main roster. He has a contract that gives him exclusivity to nxt uk and allows him to run his wxw school.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That wasn't a main roster debut. That was hype for the survivors series. Walter especially is extremely unlikely to go main roster. He has a contract that gives him exclusivity to nxt uk and allows him to run his wxw school.
Actually that was a main roster debut for him just for the road to Survivor Series also he said he doesn't want to work in the United States anyways.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Typical person that doesn't know a damn thing about these people lol and wouldn't know real talent if it stared at him in the face but everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
Ive seen Aichner. Typical nothing guy doing flips. The other one is a Sanity reject. And talent is in the eye of the beholder. You dont hold the definition to it bud.
You obviously don't watch NXT, NXT UK, or seen these men wrestle in other organizations because if you did the hate wouldn't be coming out of your mouth especially when you have slow ass King Corbin as your icon ?????

·
Asuka
96,504 Posts
If they weren't going to win, there's no point in debuting them because it just makes NXT look weak. This NXT invasion loses steam when their guys come in and get geeked out. Granted, WALTER is the only one who matters and he didn't get pinned, but when you put him vs Seth and his guys jump in and cause a DQ, the way I interpret that, and the way the audience interprets that is that they're admitting that he lost the match and they jumped in and stopped it before that happened, which amounts to pretty much the same thing as a pinfall loss. If it were me, WALTER would've just gone in there and beat Seth clean like Adam Cole did to Daniel Bryan. If Daniel Bryan can lose to Adam Cole and then immediately get a world title program with Bray Wyatt, then there's nothing you're protecting Seth for that necessitates him not being able to do a job. If you're gonna be that haphazard with your booking, then you might as well establish NXT at the expense of Seth, who is dead anyway. He's completely done, it does him no harm to lose to WALTER. None. Unfortunately, that's the difference between Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins to WWE. If this geek was going to be protected at all costs, then put WALTER against someone you're going to allow him to beat. Let him beat Ricochet.

Then you go into an 8 man tag and one of the Imperium geeks does the job, but what's the point? Is NXT meant to be a threat or not? Would it have absolutely KILLED the company to have WALTER beat one of the Street Profits? Not that that's an impactful win, but it's certainly better than Imperium losing. I do not understand the point of booking an invading team in the biggest storyline you have as losers, which NXT has been booked as, outside of the first night, NXT just looks like a bunch of geeks, but that's Vince. It's a glaring indictment of the fact that he has no idea what he's doing and needs to get out of this industry.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
I love his NXT UK run and I was totally excited when I saw his debut on RAW. I do think this is just for Survivor Series and after that they'd be back on their respective shows.

·
Waiting for Kawato
784 Posts
Wasn't great, tbh. I mean it wasn't even really their debut, they had this random pointless run in on Smackdown, right? Imagine having someone as special as Walter and managing to make him feel so very unspecial in one segment/match.

·
HEADBANGA
21,947 Posts
I liked how in one promo you knew instantly what they were about. I'd much enjoy them on the main roster being a foil for the Seth Rollins and Ricochets of the roster. Hope to see them on the main roster full time some day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts