Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one who is confused by the constant talk about moving out of the iMPACT Zone, how does the look of the arena affect the show, surely its the workers and the product that make a difference!, id take a good product over moving any day, the only way can see it affecting anythin is the crowd, sometimes its a bit flat, and there seems to be the same morons every week.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Well, they've been in the Impact Zone for 6 years. They left the Asylum (which had real wrestling fans) to a place full of tourists. They've constantly expanded it to get more people in but they can't do this any more.

Then you have the cast members, the crowd told to cheer the faces and boo the heels. You also have the Crucial Crew, the regular smarks who start off a lot of the retarded chants. They're only cast members because TNA got pissed at the fan reaction of Genesis 2010 when they changed the ring and had Daniels job to Val Venis. Also the crowd kills the PPVs, the last few especially. I'd expect Hardcore Justice to have a real ECW-like crowd, but I doubt it.

Also, this year TNA is only having 2 PPVs outside the Impact Zone, Lockdown and Bound for Glory. Previous years (except from 2006) had a few more than that and 2008 had 8 PPVs outside. TNA also had a chance to have a live Impact at the Hammerstein Ballroom but decided to have a 3 day taping instead.

The contract with Universal expires in 2011 and they have the chance to go on the road or go to another arena. The only problem is that TNA can't fill arenas like WWE can. If TNA weren't retarded, they'd stop using the Impact Zone and go elsewhere, but I think they'll just renew the contract again, especially if Hogan and Bischoff's useless contracts get renewed, since their pay is the reason why TNA haven't had a lot of chances to fuck off from that bush league area.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Am i the only one who is confused by the constant talk about moving out of the iMPACT Zone, how does the look of the arena affect the show, surely its the workers and the product that make a difference!, id take a good product over moving any day, the only way can see it affecting anythin is the crowd, sometimes its a bit flat, and there seems to be the same morons every week.
aesthetics play a huge part in.....well anything.

·
Registered
432 Posts
slightly unrealted... but i really hope for Hard justice they can get somekind of PPV themed set going... different colour ropes... Ditch the wheel chair ramp etc.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
It's in the middle of a theme park with disinterested fans who don't know when to cheer or who to cheer for, and the fact that it's so small makes everything seem less important or epic.

You can't compare the WWE god damn Stadium/Arena show feeling to the Impact zone.

That being said, TNA has much better product.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but its still the same '' impact zone sucks '' with no real reason other than the crowd sucks, i do agree with this especially now, back in 2004 that sort of era it was better, i personally dont mind the look of the iMPACT Zone, its different to the WWE arena's which is what TNA should be going for

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Its because the Impact Zone has mostly the same people every week in attendance which ruins the product.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but im trying to work out if theres an actual good reason other than it sucks, i keep seeing they need to move but never why

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
but im trying to work out if theres an actual good reason other than it sucks, i keep seeing they need to move but never why
It's your opinion that none of the reasons that people have stated aren't good reasons.

I think the disinterested crowd and the look of being a small time promotion are two huge reasons that TNA should consider leaving.

By all means, TNA shouldn't leave if they can't handle it financially.

My point is, surely you can't say that if they moved to a larger place with a new audience that didn't wander in from a theme park, the on air product wouldn't look much nicer.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
It looks really congested especially since the re-design. The ramp makes the arena look even smaller. I wish I could find adecent pic. If someone can get one I can point out all the flaws. It's just the set up and everything. Everything's all cramped up.

Not only is it the structure of it, it's the people sitting inside of it. A lot of them are clueless tourists who just go because it;s a free show to end the day with it. Then there some girls who just come to see Jeff Hardy. And of course the crucial crew. The only people that know anything. the problem is they try so hard to show off all that knowledge and come up with chants like "Best in the world" and the whole rhythm and flow of it sucks. Also don't kow if anyone else has noticed but let's say Hardy and Joe are having a match the same exact people will be saying, "Let's go Hardy let's go Joe". Shouldn't it be A says "let's go Hardy" and B says, "let's go Joe". Why the fuck is both A and B saying "Let's go Hardy, let's go Joe"

I believe it was at Victory Road. Angle vs Kaz. The stupid jackasses in the crowd are like "USA, USA USA" and both freaking guys are from USA! How freaking dumb is that?

Really it's not just the setup of the IZ, it's the annoying smarks in it as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's why I think. I don't hate the impact! zone, but I can see why others do. They also pretty much kind of annoy me too sometimes.

A lot of people that show up probably aren't wrestling fans. Certain people don't get proper reactions. There's lots of tourists. You can also see some people in the crowd not paying attention to what's happening in the ring. You can tell some cheers are fake by their facial expression.

Ignorance, and racism. They did ole' chants to Hernandez. Even when they had Angle vs Hernandez, they started chanting USA, even though Hernandez is from Texas.

They make unnecessary, and pointless chants that ruin serious promos. "Uncle Scotty". That looked like a serious promo, and they ruined it. When Nash was talking to Jarrett, and the moment he mentions his daughters, every body started going "oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" like if it was a yo momma joke contest. Ruined the serious tone of that promo.

Screaming girl. 'Nuff said.

Those are why I think people hate the impact! zone.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well because it makes it look more like an attraction at a theme park then a wrestling show. It just doesn't look very professional that's all.

·
Registered
932 Posts
its rather small, aesthetically it offers nothing of any real value. By touring you are brining in a new audience at each taping meaning unique crowd reactions rather than the same old ECW imitations.

Keeping something the same or static for too long begins to run thin as we as humans just have very short attention spans. Imagine an entire season of The Simpsons where they don't move from the couch at the most thye move into the kitchen, no matter how great the dialog is it will begin to get boring.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
iMPACT Zone is one of the few things that is Holding TNA back. First off the busy mess of a stage set sucks. It needs to be simple and more of a stage set For Impact. How they have all the ppv and tv shows with the same look is stupid. They could at least make the Ring banners say Impact take it off for the ppv.

The crowd is by far the worst part that is Hurting TNA. That tourist crowd is terrrible. Cheering all over the place. No sese of Face or Heel everyone is hating that problem right now.

·
Let's Blade
5,736 Posts
I'm tired of the impact zone as much as the next person, it's way past due to tour but they are slowly getting there. But there could be far worse venues, Universal is clean and lit well, not that bad considering.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Its the atsmosphere. It just look so bush league. At first it did not bother me but now it just feels stale week in and week out being there. The crowd is a joke. There are people in the crowd you see every week. I remember seeing this one guy every week swinging a towel. I'm thinking he must really like TNA. Also if they wish to give the WWE some true competition, they need to travel more. It all about presentation and TNA comes off as looking weak in the Impact Zone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts