Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People will watch other shows like comedy shows which are shot in the same studio week in and week out out, like Conan O Brien and stuff, so why should TNA matter. I believe it is only because of wrestling history and the fact that shows are shot in different arenas etc. etc. No one complains that J Leno is shot in different studios - and that is because talk shows don't have a past history of doing so. I think those giving TNA a hard time over the Impact Zone should really ease off

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
No shit, that's because Jay Leno isn't a spectator sport.

What if NFL games were played on high schools fields half-full of people who didn't know what was going on?

It would look, and is, much worse than if it was in a larger stadium with more people, who paid to be there because they're fans.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

What if NFL games were played on high schools fields half-full of people who didn't know what was going on?

It would look, and is, much worse than if it was in a larger stadium with more people, who paid to be there because they're fans.
Neither is TNA

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
The studio audience (like late night) isn't constantly on camera or isn't at all for sitcoms (one did, yes, not talking about that one), and if they are it's bits and pieces for comedic effect. (which that one did).

In wrestling, every match the audience is plainly seen usually trying to draw attention to themselves (you know who they all are, like sign guy or hat guy or the I'm drawing attention to myself and away from the ring guy). It's usually the same stupid ass people every week...when wrestling tours unless the guys got serious disposable income like sign guy...or neon pink and green couple, you aren't gonna see 'em again.

The old days were better, they dimmed the stupid ass crowd and focused on what was going on in the ring more. DIM THE CROWD! DIM THE CROWD! DIM THE CROWD!

So it's the audience in the building...and also it's just plain cooler to see different venues of the tour, they all have their own flavor. Not everywhere is MSG, but when you go to MSG...it's freakin MSG.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

Wrestling is not a sport. It's soap opera/athletic entertainment.

I don't get why people complain about the Impact Zone. If TNA toured Impact NOBODY would go and they would lose a SHIT LOAD of money and go out of business. A better idea would be to sometimes tape a couple shows somewhere else to shake up the look of the show, but as of right now pro wrestling is dead and not a hot commodity so touring Impact every week just is not realistic.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts

I don't get why people complain about the Impact Zone. If TNA toured Impact NOBODY would go and they would lose a SHIT LOAD of money and go out of business. A better idea would be to sometimes tape a couple shows somewhere else to shake up the look of the show, but as of right now pro wrestling is dead and not a hot commodity so touring Impact every week just is not realistic.
That's all fine, but that still doesn't mean the Impact Zone isn't full of dumb-asses trying to get themselves over and tourists who don't know what the hell is going on. The shows are either full of dead silence the entire time or the IZ goofs start random chants just to entertain themselves.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Wrestling is all about crowd reaction, if the in-ring stuff is getting a reaction from the crowd then we're more likely to react to it ourselves.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
im sure a number of professional designers can walk in there and change the place up every now and then

there is potential in the the zone like there is in tna as a whole

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I would just like to see the Impact Zone laid out better. The way WCW laid out their studio for WCW Saturday Night back in the mid 90s would look a whole lot better.

It would just be nice to see a TNA arena have two sides of fans.

·
Registered
753 Posts
since they tape 2 shows in 2 days they should just go to a differnt venue every 2 weeks....at least change it up a little bit...
its like playing Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter on the same board over and over....

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts

Isin't RING OF FUCKING HONOR on tour?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Isin't RING OF FUCKING HONOR on tour?
yea but tna being on tour is different from roh tna goes on the road 7 times a month for houseshow something ppl seem to forget pulling from 500-1500 with a pricy ticket price in small to medium venue,which cost good price to rent while roh doing show in gyms or small center with a 10-20 ticket price that can make roh break even tna on the other hand can lose money if they don't have a good amount of ppl in the venue

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The Impact Zone isn't underrated and to compare it to a regular TV show is completely stupid. On a show like Conan, its NOT about the audience. I'm not even going to go on a long post about this because anyone who cannot distinguish between the two is completely moronic and a TNA apologists.

There are some angles that would be better if they were occurring in front of a larger crowd.

One of the things that I have always wanted TNA to do is to NOT shoot the Impact Zone crowd. At all...ever...never. Just close ups on the wrestlers and sticking with the action in the ring and backstage. Close ups and TIGHT on wrestlers when they make their entrance. The crowd should be an after thought and not displayed as much as they are now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
impact zone is awful because most of the crowd arent even wrestling fans and then the rest are idiots chanting "this is awsome" "holy shit" over the smallest of things and then you also have the overused "lets go (enter name here)....lets go (opponents name here) which comes across as being contrived.

basically there is no passion shown by the fans and thats something a company like TNA needs to make their show look more credible. they need fans like the old ecw lot (obviously not as hardcore otherwise they would get booed out of the building most nights due to the crappy storylines lol)

you need a hot crowd to have a hot wrestling product and thats a fact. was hogan vs rock a good match? was it hell but the fans made that match into a classic, same with RVD vs Cena infront of the ecw crowd

1 - 20 of 34 Posts