Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impact Wrestling will be taping a number of weeks of TV this week in Nashville at Skyline Studios, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The plan is to produce 6-8 weeks of TV.

While Impact has been using Skylines facilities for years for production, this will be the first time since they have held tapings there. The tapings will feature an empty arena format and will likely include the Rebellion event, which was originally planned as a PPV from New York City.

Skyline Studios was, at one point, scouted as a location for NWA Powerrr before they landed in Atlanta, GA.

·
Intoner
6,564 Posts
I hope they get it right and only let good wrestlers in the ring. Others should stay in backstage segments and cinematic matches.

And they should make an effort with the crowd. AEW put wrestlers in the seats. Impact can get manequins or cardboard dummies.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What if they piped in crowd noise? Just light up the entrance ramp and the ring. Keep the seats dark and pipe in the noise. After all its a scripted TV show. Instead of a laugh track use crowd noise.

·
Registered
888 Posts
They should regard safety and simply use the chance to air some classic ppvs from their archive. Nearly everybody would understand, they could that way also promote their archive and after that stop to always obnoxiously interject tna stuff into the current shows.
It's not like they could simply continue anyway, several people will probably be unable to currently travel (internationally) etc., Meltzer already said several can't make it Impact Wrestling taping two months of TV in Nashville

·
Registered
134 Posts
isn't the US and Canada boarder shut down? With a 3rd of their roster being Canadian. I'm not sure pro wrestlers would be essential work that would be allowed to crossover.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Canadian wrestlers could still tape something in Canada. Backstage segments, cinematic fights, etc
Also some Canadians live in the USA like Taya, Elgin(I believe), Gail Kim, etc

·
Intoner
6,564 Posts
I'm like 99% sure Taya lives in LA with her husband. And many Canadian wrestlers probably have a place to stay in US as well since like 90% of their bookings (pre virus) was from US anyway.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This is good news if Impact management can pull this off and at least get 2 months worth of television taped and the Rebellion card. They probably should have done this a few weeks ago knowing how bad things were getting here in the US. I think Impact has the talent and management team to pull this off.

Like the poster above said, they should try some crazy stuff like piping in crowd noise and have the wrestlers around the ring adding to that noise like AEW has.

Did they say which days there were taping?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I saw a rumor that Tessa, Jordynne and the North all may not make the tapings. Instead of waiting or stripping them of their titles. I'm for introducing interim champions until things get back to normal.

and please use fresh new talent to help fill out the roster. Even if you job them out. I really don't want to see Sabu, Sandman, and the rest of ECW for another 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
and please use fresh new talent to help fill out the roster. Even if you job them out. I really don't want to see Sabu, Sandman, and the rest of ECW for another 6-8 weeks.
Impact LOVES a good ECW reunion and I've never really understood it. I was a regular viewer of TNA/Impact from like 2005 - 2016 and I've seen some horrible ECW reunion angles. Wasn't so bad in 2005 when guys like Sabu were still able to compete at a high level but in 2020 the only ECW guy Impact should be using is Van Dam and even he looks old and a bit broken down.

It was sad back in 2015 or whenever it was when the Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer and Al Snow were fighting Team Dixie.You don't need ECW reunion angles in 2020...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts