Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
24,425 Posts
Hearing really good things about the show. Will try to watch later today.

I'm happy that Impact has been able to rebound after a rough few years to the point where they can at least put on a somewhat interesting product and some good matches, especially from their women's division. There are still things that plague the company, like their network. But they've done a great job of rebuilding in the last couple of years.

And lastly on the point of Tessa, we all know wrestling is a business. So as much good as she's done for Impact and as much Impact has done for her, when she's available next year she'll field all offers whether it from WWE, who at this point would look past the issues in the past to bring her in, or AEW.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'd far prefer her to go to AEW. Just WWE hasn't done well by the women, and this includes NXT for that matter imo, for pretty much this entire year. NXT UK is the only one being competent with it right now.

But if Impact is going to keep pushing her up the card maybe, then in that case if I were her I'd consider staying.

Also I'm hoping that they're building up to Rosemary taking the KO Title off of Taya. It's long overdue for her to get another title reign and Taya's reign has run out of steam imo.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Just like Kross, Tessa is only good in Impact. I've seen her in other promotions and she not as impressive.

·
Premium Member
44,021 Posts
Just got done watching it.

That was actually a very good show! I liked almost every match, each match was different, and it was a thoroughly entertaining experience.

The opening 4 way was a fun spot fest.

I typically dislike First Blood matches, but Kross and Edwards actually put together a pretty solid brawl.

RVD had one of his better performances in years against Moose, who got to look good in the biggest win of his career.

The Knockouts Monster's Ball made my jaw drop at times with some of the crazy stuff they did to each other. A curbstomp into the tacks? A top rope Tombstone?! Crazy.

Swann Vs. Johnny was a very good athletic showcase for both men. They went a mile a minute, and I loved it.

Cage Vs. Elgin for the title was a very cool heavyweight brawl! I love a good bruiser match and this was it. This might have been my MOTN actually. As for the post match...gee I wonder who that was under the mask, lol.

Tessa Vs. Callihan was an interesting choice for the main event. Given that these two have basically been the MVPs of Impact for the last year or two, I guess its fitting. I really enjoyed this match as well, with Callihan being a perfect dickhead heel and Tessa as the underdog face. Great stuff and a great showcase for both of them. I don't mind the heel getting a big win on PPV either.

Honestly, the weakest match was the 3 way tag title match which got rushed to its finish due to Santana's injury. Hope he's okay. Also, the venue didn't look that great. Tiny, and like the show was in a black hole, but fortunately the crowd was lively.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Cage vs Elgin and Callihan vs Blanchard are really good

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Tessa/Sami, Cage/Elgin, and Swann/Johnny make this card worth watching alone. The rest was really good too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Slammiversary attendance

I've just put on the show and shocked at very low attendance. Just started watching Impact again after a year or so. Can anyone let me know the current state of the company etc.? Just going through a bad patch or is it in big trouble?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: Slammiversary attendance

Attendance wasn't low.
There were about 1000 people in attendance. Same amount of people they used to have in the so called Impact Zone (Slammiversary 2005-2006,2010,2011, 2015-2017).
Unlike the Impact Zone, fans paid for their tickets. So definitely an improvement.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,100 Posts
Monster's ball and the main event were the only two that got my attention. Especially the main event. Two of the most impressive performers in Tessa and Sami.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've just put on the show and shocked at very low attendance. Just started watching Impact again after a year or so. Can anyone let me know the current state of the company etc.? Just going through a bad patch or is it in big trouble?
They are now indy on the same level as MLW and RoH except with global tv deals. The owners are Anthem entertainment and they are happy to be indy level. If you are looking for bigger scale national promotions look no further than AEW. They are the future of pro wrestling. They are making it cool to be a wrestling fan again.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,360 Posts
So I watched the matches I was actually interested in.

Skipped the first two matches. Bunch of nerds doing flips. The North as champs? Lol Jesus.

Kross is such a star. Match was fine and of course Eddie went over.

Moose is also a star. Glad RVD put him over clean. Good match.

Monsters Ball was cool and Taya looked like a star which seemed like the point in the first place.

Skipped Impact vs. Swann, could not care about either.

Cage vs. Elgin is one of my favorite matches of 2019 so far. Kick ass. I dont follow the weekly product too much but what did Elgin do to make Matthews go so fucking nuts? God damn he was annoying with his constant yelling and voice cracks.

Tessa vs. Callahan was great and Im not a fan of intergender stuff. Tessas facials and selling were just out of this world. What a damn star she is. PPV should have went 60 seconds longer to let her have the ring and really soak in the crowd reaction.

·
Registered
595 Posts
They are now indy on the same level as MLW and RoH except with global tv deals. The owners are Anthem entertainment and they are happy to be indy level. If you are looking for bigger scale national promotions look no further than AEW. They are the future of pro wrestling. They are making it cool to be a wrestling fan again.
I agree with you but this sounds so much like a paid advertsisment from AEW haha. Not saying that it is btw.

AEW has been great and has a ton of potential but overall honestly, Impact has been the most entertaining for me. This PPV was what swong the pendelum for me.

Btw, WTF was that RVD interview? What was he even talking about? Hight as fuck.

·
Registered
268 Posts

How can they be indy if they depend on their TV deals, and make most of the money out of them.

You simply don't understand what indy wrestling means.

IMPACT is not indy, and never was.

·
Registered
860 Posts
How can they be indy if they depend on their TV deals, and make most of the money out of them.

You simply don't understand what indy wrestling means.

IMPACT is not indy, and never was.
Depend on their TV deals and make the most of their money off them? Last I remember, Pop wasn't paying them a dime?

61 - 80 of 98 Posts