Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Cage/Elgin overdelivered as well.

I would've went full go with Tessa but it seems Impact wants to keep Sami as their top heel. Oh well.

Good show. 1st half was alright and somewhat underdelivered, 2nd part was very strong and overdelivered.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
Brian Cage would be Vince's wet dream if he ever saw him and get pushed to the moon. He's the most jacked up wrestler ever.
He was already signed by Vince in FCW like a decade ago. He got released - which is retrospectively surprising - as he is Vince’s visual depiction of a “WWE Superstar”.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Good show. I don't know if the Monster's Ball, or the Johnny vs. Swann match was my MOTN, but its close. Aso for the ME, good match. As for the finish, well it depends on what happens from now on. If that's just the end, then it was fucking stupid. But if it sets up a "redemption" thing down the road, then fair enough.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,557 Posts
This pay per view was very good and my favorite match was Tessa Vs Sami. Tessa did very well against him but the right call was Sami winning at the end thus she gaining more respect from the fans and around the world.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
Enjoyable

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Easily one of the best PPVs from any North American company this year, for sure. Can't even be debated.

Monster's Ball, LAX/North/Rascalz, Tessa/Sami were all great, IMO. Swann/Impact and Edwards/Kross were very good and the opener set the tone very well for the show. Even Moose/RVD, a match I didn't have many expectations for and thought it was one of RVD's best matches in a LONG while and Moose went over him cleanly. That was crazy to me. That Rhyno run in was also done well in that it truly came out of nowhere and made it feel spontaneous and out of place.

There wasn't a bad match on this show at all. I don't know if you are topping last year's Slamiversary and I don't know if this beats Royal Rumble or Double or Nothing this year but this is definitely one of the best PPVs of 2019 for sure. Great job to Impact Wrestling. I just wish they had a legitimate TV network right now because this product deserves their redemption in front of more eyes.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
If the guy who has been built up as raging misogynistic heel who badmouths the entire division just, wins, in the end. If she had lost to any other male wrestler, then yeah. But not Sami.

But if it sets up a "redemption" thing down the road, then fair enough. Tessa going for the X-Division title to get a title shot while Sami goes after the Impact title. Tessa uses Option C and we get Tessa/Sami for the Impact title. That could be cool.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
How long till WWE forgives Tessa and gets her out of this dead ass company?
The LOLTNA jokes are dated and stupid now, breh. It's not 2015 anymore. Keep up.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
Tessa vs. Sammi might be the best match I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Excellent show and PPV once again from Impact. Impact have found there perfect ppc formulae of a hybrid of classic ECW with NXT Takeover. The hardcore, edgy stuff from ECW and the excellent built matches that deliver on the show (like NXT Takeover) where any match is suitable to main event.

But if it sets up a "redemption" thing down the road, then fair enough. Tessa going for the X-Division title to get a title shot while Sami goes after the Impact title. Tessa uses Option C and we get Tessa/Sami for the Impact title. That could be cool.
^That does sound like an excellent long build that Impact could potentially do and Sami w/ Ove defeating Cage for title is a great throwback to his 1st pinfall lose at last years BFG.

Meanwhile Rich Swann has been excellent as X division and I'd love for him to keep retaining and do Option C at Homecoming Jan 2020. If Sami is champ, there is so many new feuds they can do and even going back to revisit ones like Swann & Tessa would still be so fresh.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
That opening 4 way was a nice opener. Jake is really growing on me, trey was fine, TJP was great and mack was always quality

I didn't really enjoy the tag title match. I love all 3 teams but it just didn't click for me.

I HATED the first blood match. I'm so over crazy Eddie and Kross deserves better. Please go to khan.

Moose and rvd was decent and the right guy won

That monsters ball was fantastic especially considering I only really enjoy rosemary. Was fucking brutal and they worked their asses off

The x division was great. Swann was decent as was jomo. I'm going to echo someone when I say it was johnnys best match in impact.

Cage vs Elgin was awesome, hoss action at its finest. I'm not sure how I feel about a rhyno vs Elgin feud though.

The main event was top shelf. Samis best non plunder match in over 2 years and Tessa is just a star. I love that woman.

Overall great show

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
To address the above point, why would I want to see Tessa go to WWE. They're so far behind Impact when it comes to booking women well that it's pathetic.

As for the Sami thing, she needs to beat him down the road imo. It's not a "I don't like a man beating a woman," if I had a problem with that, then I wouldn't love several other Tessa, or Candice LeRae, or Asuka, etc intergender matches as much as I do. It's more the context here, and what kind of character Sami is playing. Context basically.

·
Registered
11,965 Posts
I don't think that was Rhyno. Now they could have used a body double if they want the angle now and Rhyno isn't out of wwe contract until July 17th and the intent will be to pretend it was Rhyno.

But why wear the mask and then go out of your way to make it seem like it's Rhyno?

(Also I believe Rhyno has a calf tattoo)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I just read Rhyno's wwe contract doesn't expiry until 9 more days so that explain the mystery man angle. That would also explain why no one mentioned gore or Rhyno on camera as he's still currently a wwe wrestler.

BUT, the masked guy used wasn't Rhyno's build so perhaps they are going with a few masked attacks in future impacts, imitating Rhyno or other past ECW wrestlers, until the reveal(s).

It's definitely intriguing to see what they have planned because even the basic "It was Rhyno" leads to an interesting feud of Elgin vs Rhyno. And then does Moose get involved due to his ecw original matches etc.

·
#WWELogic
3,858 Posts
So besides the opening/Tag Team matches on the card I was very happy with the purchase. It saddens me thought thinking the last time TNA was in Dallas for Slammy, we had THIS......

Besides they're fall in popularity tonight's Woman's Fatal 4 Way Monster Ball just blew out anyting "Xtreme Rules" will do next Sunday, Rosemary still has "IT" while Taya continues to shine, Havoc/Su could lead into an interesting "feud" with James Mitchell in the middle. Cross/Eddie & RVD/Moose each had their moments, glad to see Moose go over here. Meanwhile Johnny/Swan....BREATHTAKING, Swan really has potential & Johnny has been great since his days in LU.

Glad Cage retained, and it looks like Elgin will be on "safari in the near future, but that Heavyweight match was wonderful just two "big guys" that CAN wrestle and tell a story got to engage in a great match, while Sami/Tessa I was stunned, unlike the E the progression of Tessa as the "Man" came naturally saving anther KO from OVE, leading to the tease of Tessa aginst them, baseball bats being used to gain the upper hand MAKES SENSE b/c IRL a woman that size wouldn't have that great of a chance without "backup".

Glad they used that in terms of story telling, Sami came off like a total DICK, making the crowd beg for Tessa to beat him up and she did, only to get knocked down each time. That guardrail spot was a great tase of things to come in the main event. The when Tessa used the bat I thought it was over but boy did they shock me using ACTUAL logic they had Sami win the match while Tessa used the (HBK/Taker WM 26 finish) with that "thumbs down" & spitting in his face to end it. And then despite the heel winning (THAT'S great heel heart, take notes Corbin), still showed a "measure of respect which was great.

Overall so enjoyed the show, hope BFG can messure up. Great job IMPACT

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
It's not like July 17 date that dirtsheets throw around is 100% real.

If I'm not mistaken Hideo Itami got his release like 2 weeks after the date that was going around.

1 - I'd love it to be Cobb, but I really think it's Rhyno
2 - Impact and WWE already worked together in the past. I can see WWE letting Rhyno work a date wearing a mask. AEW is the new enemy anyways.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts