Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Solid and fair point DUD. The ONLY potential lockdown idea that could werk right now is honor no more vs impact/roh pros.(example: the missing edwards/gresham non-title rebellion bout) The buildup matters equally as much to any story line as the storytelling/conclusion.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
So glad KOTM is returning but for the Knockouts. Their Ultimate X was good at start of the year and I reckon they can do an even better QOTM match here. Surely they'll pull the trigger on Chelsea Green here and her and Matt as power couple could be great story heading into Bound For Glory.

Being 20th Anniversary, would love for Impact and NWA to come to an arrangement and do Cardona vs Aldis III here for the NWA belt. There 2nd match is happening in NWA soon and both Aldis and NWA title has history in Impact so an nwa world title match would be ideal here.

Whilst lethal lockdown would be fun, I reckon it could be a bit of overkill especially with QOTM and Ultimate X already happening.

·
Registered
29,235 Posts
The Ultimate X and Queen of the Mountain match have my interest for this so far. That main event is, well, something.

Like, I understand Impact already did the Moose match, but to go from Ishii at Under Siege to Eric Young at Slammiversary? Like, I know it's 20 years of Impact and Young is a big part of Impact's history. But still, this as the main event of your biggest or 2nd biggest show of the year just feels weak.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Completely agree about EY being in main event but I'm hoping Impact suprise us and build up EY before Slammiversary.

Part of me wishes they did KOTM for Josh as well but with qualifying matches to enter That way EY could of still qualified. Would of loved Christopher Daniels from AEW be allowed to as Daniels never won TNA WHC title and would of been a nice throwback. If not him then Johnny Impact could of worked to. Hell even Moose and Sami could of both been in the match then as well and then save their 1 v 1 to post Slammiversary. Josh vs EY vs Daniels/Johnny Impact vs Moose vs Sami could of been a great KOTM.

I'm most surprised that they haven't gone for Eddie Edwards vs Josh as Honor No More have been booked strong and Eddie's reason for turning was Josh getting title match over him at last years BFGs so would of been a good 1v1 Slammiversary main event. Perhaps they are saving until BFG this year instead.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Anyone know if there will be any other special events going on during the weekend in Nashville for Impact. I am going to Slammiversary and will be in Nashville for the weekend.

Card Looking amazing so far. Totally pulling for EY to win the titile.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone know if there will be any other special events going on during the weekend in Nashville for Impact. I am going to Slammiversary and will be in Nashville for the weekend.

Card Looking amazing so far. Totally pulling for EY to win the titile.
I don't know of anything specifically for Impact, just replying for wrestling in general. Southern Underground Pro (often called S.U.P.) is a local indie that's running a show the same day as Slammiversary. The S.U.P. show starts early enough that you could easily go to that, get something to eat and then hit Slammiversary. Some people don't like seeing that much wrestling in one day but after going to a couple Mania weekends I've learned to love it even doing 3 shows in a day on a couple occasions. The S.U.P. show is only $20 and there are already some good matches announced - Price/Garrini and Ku/Broner in particular interest me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just checked and according to eventbrite they list Slammiversary starting at 5:30, I'm guessing that's doors. Seems way too early even for a pre-show. I'll have to dig into that before I plan anything officially for the day. I mention that because the S.U.P. show starts at 2. I've only been to a few of their shows and off the top of my head I vaguely remember them being in the 2 to 2.5 hour range, if I'm wrong on that I'm sorry. Going off memory. So if that 5:30 start is actually accurate a doubleheader might still be possible but not as easy as I first thought.

As for Slammiversary itself - I'm starting to get really excited for the Ultimate X match more than anything else. This isn't a spoiler, I know not to post spoilers, just reading speculation/hope that maybe Hiromu will turn up for that match if openings still remain by the show time. I don't know. NJPW has a show that day. I can't see NJPW letting Hiromu get involved in an ultimate x match when they have their own American show to hype up and sell on the same day. It'd be a cool surprise but not expecting it myself.

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eric Young in 2022 lol
The first ever Bound For Glory went off the air with a young blonde Eric Young being put through a table. So for him to be main eventing TNA's 20th Year Anniversary show all this time later, its basically far-fetched long-term storytelling that AEW fans would beat there dicks over too.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts