Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
AEW and Impact are as different as wrestling can get. It's not like you're watching more of the same wrestling but with less money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm sure it's good but I have no interest sadly. I watch enough wrestling as it is, I already watch AEW and New Japan and occasionally watch the WWE PPVs. IMPACT is hard to consider when AEW exists and New Japan exists. The market is almost over-saturated it's hard for smaller companies like IMPACT to compete. I already have my fair share of wrestling. I simply can't watch everything that is out there and frankly don;t have the desire to. I'm already invested in AEW.
You being here and posting comments shows you're interested in Impact wrestling. The likely thing with you is you're likely holding some weird grudge against Impact wrestling as if they did something to you personally.You wouldn't be lurking their forum if you weren't interested.But all that being said you don't have to watch they'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Impact has been a decent watch for quite some time now... in fact the only down years were when Hogan and Bischoff were fucking up everything. Other than that Impact/TNA has always been interesting TV.

Theres alot of good wrestling out there these days, which is why it pains my heart to see so many people crying about the WWE as if there isnt like 4 other legit wrestling products that exist right now

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Impact does have good characters, decent storylines, and once in a while you will see a couple of amazing matches on their show. The problem is that they are stuck in potential mode after going through a rebuild. They need to promote a couple more characters and advertise a little better, besides Tessa. They are indeed underrated. Their camera angles need improvement as well. This company could once again surpass ROH if they continue to improve.

·
Premium Member
11,495 Posts
Impact has been a decent watch for quite some time now... in fact the only down years were when Hogan and Bischoff were fucking up everything. Other than that Impact/TNA has always been interesting TV.

Theres alot of good wrestling out there these days, which is why it pains my heart to see so many people crying about the WWE as if there isnt like 4 other legit wrestling products that exist right now
i mean it’s crazy how Bischoff and Hogan really took quite a decent alternative to WWE and dragged it through the mud.

I used to post frequently in this sxn. It is a shame really. We would’ve had 3 competitors in 2019. I tried to watch some of IMPACT on YT. When I saw that the size of the audience was smaller than my living room on a boxing night, I genuinely felt some type of way.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i mean it’s crazy how Bischoff and Hogan really took quite a decent alternative to WWE and dragged it through the mud.

I used to post frequently in this sxn. It is a shame really. We would’ve had 3 competitors in 2019. I tried to watch some of IMPACT on YT. When I saw that the size of the audience was smaller than my living room on a boxing night, I genuinely felt some type of way.
When you look back, they really screwed up the momentum that TNA had going at that time. I think if they never showed up, things would have been different. They spiked the ratings for a bit, but then things started to tank from there.

I really enjoyed the IPWF episode, this would be an awesome monthly Impact+ special to continue month to month.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I watch Impact weekly and really enjoy it but its not underrated. While it's great on promo stuff, vignettes and wrestlers courts held in toilets ?, (too AE) it's lacking in-ring performance.

There are no Ospreays, Walters, Starrs, Ishiis, Omegas & Okadas. In todays wrestling world you need that performance to stand out. Watching two meat sacks trying to choke slam each other whilst grunting doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Saying that Rich Swann is fantastic but Tessa Blanchard needs to stop with the intergender stuff, she will go nowhere with it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I watch Impact weekly and really enjoy it but its not underrated. While it's great on promo stuff, vignettes and wrestlers courts held in toilets ?, (too AE) it's lacking in-ring performance.
Little advice for you. How about you actually watch a show first and then judge?

The wrestling in IMPACT is absolutely top notch at the moment.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Impact is really missing compelling characters, half the roster is pretty lackluster. The direction of the company right now is great though and only going to continue to get better and they're making great business decisions for the most part.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
That's simply just your opinion.
I rate Swann as their best performer. Also Elgin, Edwards, Rascalz, Cage, Tessa, TJP, Mack are outstanding.

he maybe a good performer but over all a lot of people feel that the roster and the talent is lack luster. If thats the general opinion its a pretty important one. I think swann is fun and hes good to have for sure but he aint going to move numbers.They need to be more aggressive with hirings to get out of the iny funk.

I hope this is a big year for that and a year of the most progress so far with Anthem !

·
Registered
91 Posts
Swann is amazing in the ring and puts on fun matches with every style of wrestler. The Selfish side of me wants him to get 1 World title run. Turn Eddie Edwards serious again and I'd like to see him get a run too.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
They really need to drop a few venues like ive said before. That would really help continue growth . Plus i think its an issue that Don is trying to make the product to much like ecw. It needs more balance but still in its best direction yet since anthem took over. But that is already happening anyways ! Texas venue should be really good

I think Hard to kill is going to be a great sucess of a event .Seems like a perfect venue and good size and the crowd should be good.The PPV itself seems like its being built to be a great show.

This of course is strictly my opinion but they gotta sort out its visual branding. They look like a super indy promotion. They have so many different version of its logo. It really comes off weird and sloppy. Like why do they have this epic graphic logo on the screen for weekly show.Then entire different one on the ring banner. Then they took the ring banner logo and are using it now as the main logo on its website.So what is it ? What is the main logo ? The tacky red one ? The silver amazing one should be the one. They got the white impact red wrestling logo, The outer letters white inner red logo,The all red logo, The silver one on screen and still blue logo on belts. Strong branding does not do this

And ontop of that the belts all still have blue logos. They have yet to figure out their own logo branding and it shows. It comes off super tacky

TNA had the same issue for years so is shocking to see it continue

All of these logos below are being used at once right now. The one on the ring banner is utter indy tacky yet the one on the screen is amazing and sharp and professional feeling

Impact_Wrestling_AXSTV_logo.jpg impact-2019-10-29b-1200x675.jpeg Impact-Wrestling.jpg impact-wrestling-logo-2019.jpg logo-impact-red-flat.png

41 - 58 of 58 Posts