Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I liked the show years ago but it's just sad how it has become in recent years due to how they kept fucking it up.

But this year, I decided to give it another watch and they seemed to have learned from all of their past mistakes which is why they are doing good right now.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Its been decent for a while now but it just lacks...something, I cant put my finger on exactly what. The spark just isnt there. It reminds me of All Japan in the sense that the current product is solid but its hard to shake the feeling of how small and irrelevant it is compared to its glory days.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I want them to grow,Not stay Indy kings. Its logical thinking
You didn't care if they growed when you stopped watching them did you? Secondly if owning their own network, prime time national tv,having developmental, the second largest social media reach, tv in 120 countries, studios in Toronto, Nashville, New York , Dallas, Colorado and LA is an indy company then damn i'll take it. And what defines not being a indy, big arenas and live tv? What about everything else? If the only two things needed to not be called an indy is big arenas and live tv how easy is that done, all they have to do is book bigger arenas and do live tv on their own network.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I liked the show years ago but it's just sad how it has become in recent years due to how they kept fucking it up.
I don't know. To me, it's kinda a myth that it actually became bad. Pre-Hogan era were amazing (and sometimes amazingly chaotic = MEM storyline).

Yes 2010 was bad, and 2011 made me stop watching for a while.

But most years were really good. 2012 was an amazing year, 2013 did fine and the Aces and Eights were really entertaining(allthough dragged), 2014 had some amazing tapings in New York, etc
2015 wasn't great, but the first half was really decent with Kurt as champ and EC3 hunting for the gold. 2016's Corgan Era was really, really good IMO.
2017 sucked ass until BfG.

And it's really entertaining since 2018.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's been good for at least a year and a half. They can't hold onto talent, which in some ways is a problem but in others it's not as it keeps the faces turning over, new people to get to know, which has been the problem with wrestling since the end of the Monday night wars, the same faces getting recycled year in year out. Ace Austin came in and I thought he was another skinny Indy lame, but he's been very entertaining the last couple of months in his feud with Eddie Edwards and stealing his wife, he's probably the most improved wrestler I've seen this year.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
You didn't care if they growed when you stopped watching them did you? Secondly if owning their own network, prime time national tv,having developmental, the second largest social media reach, tv in 120 countries, studios in Toronto, Nashville, New York , Dallas, Colorado and LA is an indy company then damn i'll take it. And what defines not being a indy, big arenas and live tv? What about everything else? If the only two things needed to not be called an indy is big arenas and live tv how easy is that done, all they have to do is book bigger arenas and do live tv on their own network.
I did say they are Indy ? I said they will stay coming off as indy,These are facts of the business perspective of them not my view

Oh im sorry im not allowed to step away from something. PS just because i was not in here does not mean i was not watching. I hated it in here which is why the community died.Nonsense like this. The 4 people in here the past year that refuse to let anyone have a normal conversation. I have not watched wwe in over 10 years because it sucks. I will not be one of those idiots that stays with something bad. To many people stay in shitty relationships to long because they cant let go and at some point they do.

Stop fucking calling me out in this section for bring constructive fucking conversation. Theya re not perfect stop fucking acting like they are.e

The die hards in here need to ease up or you wont ever gain a community againa. I put my time in here for years and years

How many times do i have to say 10 nice things about this company to say 1 bad thing to have 4 people tell me im not allowed to do that

AEW is nonstop mix of people talking about whats good whats bad BUT NO do not question Impact after all its been through

Why do you less than 10 people in here wonder why people stopped coming in here for a while, Ease the fuck up and let people talk. It gets old dealing with this nonsense over and over.

Dixie knows im right too and hes admitted to being a bit defensive to them. Hes a good guy so its all good but for 15 years this thread had insane insane discussion of all the nonstop ups and downs and drama and good and bad and bullshit. Now whats left of it in here is this you cant say shit

So what is it going to be ? Lets move forward brothers and get talking and stop crying

·
Premium Member
43,707 Posts
Impact is one of the most bizarre entities in the history of pro wrestling.

It never had the respect and influence that ECW achieved, but had a larger audience at its peak.

It never achieved the success of WCW at its peak, but lasted longer than WCW and survived horrible mismanagement, which WCW wasn't able to do.

It never came close to beating WWE, but has managed to survive everything from talents leaving, to a crowded wrestling market, to being cancelled from its home network more times than I care to remember.

The original people spearheading it (Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter) are long gone, yet they are still around.

And here they are, 17 years old, and they are still trucking along. It is really quite amazing if you think about it.

That company will outlive us all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It never had the respect and influence that ECW achieved, but had a larger audience at its peak.
IMPACT deserves much more credit though. They heavily influenced todays view of women's wrestling.Their knockouts division was a true revolution, and not just a gimmick name.

The X-Division took the cruiserweight to the next level with their No Limit rules, pretty much paving the way of nowadays main event scenes with no real weight limits and lots of "flippy action".

They also created or helped making a lot of stars from today.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I keep hearing good things about Impact.
I just don't know if I can trust them after the Dixie and Russo era.

Where does it even air now days?
Dixie and Russo have been long gone for years now, so if they're the reason you were staying away I definitely recommend giving them another chance.

It airs on Tuesdays at 8PM Eastern with a replay at 11PM Eastern on AXS TV. (same channel as NJPW's US show and Women of Wrestling airs on)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Haven't watched Impact, infact I never watched Impact live at all, I used to watch some replays back when Aces and Eights were a thing.

I keep hearing great things, seeing clips, the production turns me away for some reason. But if anyone wants to point me in a direction of a story they've done recently that's just fantastic I'll take a look at it. It's just hard to know where to start with other wrestling promotions, with WWE you start at Wrestlemania because of their long video packages before each match. I got lucky with AEW, watching from the beginning.

So far the way I see it, the top 3 U.S. wrestling products are NXT / AEW / IMPACT. IMPACT being good only makes sure my favorite promotion (AEW) is good, and NXT as well. LET'S GO BABY, it's great to be a wrestling fan right now.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,361 Posts
Impact is fun. Well the bits I watch anyway. However I don't have enough time with aew and mlw being great shows imo to watch all of it. Tessa vs sami is a fucking great feud though

·
Registered
261 Posts
Haven't watched Impact, infact I never watched Impact live at all, I used to watch some replays back when Aces and Eights were a thing.

I keep hearing great things, seeing clips, the production turns me away for some reason. But if anyone wants to point me in a direction of a story they've done recently that's just fantastic I'll take a look at it. It's just hard to know where to start with other wrestling promotions, with WWE you start at Wrestlemania because of their long video packages before each match. I got lucky with AEW, watching from the beginning.

So far the way I see it, the top 3 U.S. wrestling products are NXT / AEW / IMPACT. IMPACT being good only makes sure my favorite promotion (AEW) is good, and NXT as well. LET'S GO BABY, it's great to be a wrestling fan right now.
All of their 2019 iMPACT! episodes are free on IMPACT plus. So you might want to start from there.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Lets hope they keep it on sami and not back on cage. Though cage had a shitty run because of circumstances I can see them giving it back to him

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
i still doubt this show is worth your time and money, their title belts aren't worth anything

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Impact is a lot better than it was. I can't say I've ever enjoyed it as much as I do now. But going off AEW based on ppvs with no proper TV show in place is no way to judge it. But I find the midget comment interesting since Sami Callihan is one of the smallest wrestlers I can think of off the top of my head and is now Impact champion.

Honestly, besides Cage, Moose, Elgin, and Romero they don't have big guys. I'm not sure why putting AEW now was necessary for your narrative here when you didn't give it a fair shake. That's Impact fans I guess. Always looking for someone else to blame.
:quimby

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
They've built up too much ill will with the fans over the years so most don't give them a chance anymore.
A certain fed is currently heading in that direction quickly now too.

But I agree. Impact is good. I don't watch it regularly but I tune in every now and again and am satisfied with what I see whenever I do. Everyone feels like they have a role on the program.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was getting a little bored with Impact leading up to BFG. I just felt it was hit and miss. Some of the stuff was great, some not so much.

However BFG and now new tv channel seems to have ignited a flame. Last 2 shows have been solid! Perfect mix of matches with segments. Most matches now have a reason behind them.

Look forward to seeing what the future holds.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'm sure it's good but I have no interest sadly. I watch enough wrestling as it is, I already watch AEW and New Japan and occasionally watch the WWE PPVs. IMPACT is hard to consider when AEW exists and New Japan exists. The market is almost over-saturated it's hard for smaller companies like IMPACT to compete. I already have my fair share of wrestling. I simply can't watch everything that is out there and frankly don;t have the desire to. I'm already invested in AEW.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts