Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t watched wrestling consistently for a while now. I gave AEW a chance simply because it was hyped up to be the second coming of the monday night wars, and oh boy is that a fake narrative. I watched all the PPVs and it was mostly just matches with no meaning or storylines, and when it aired on TNT and that little midget wrestler came on I could take no more. And don’t get me started on WWE, that crap is worse than when I stopped watching it in 2008.

After I gave up on AEW, I decided to give Impact wrestling another chance (havent watched Impact since Hogan took over) and damn, Impact Wrestling is by far the best wrestling experience I’ve had! Every match has a decent or good storyline to it, the backstage segments aren’t cringe unlike WWE’s, and the main events are great!

The backstage segments with Tessa Blanchard remind me of the attitude era, not to mention Brian Cage stands out in todays era with all these smaller guys around, and Sammi Callihan cuts amazing promos, I am really enjoying this show.

Thing is, people keep giving it a lot of crap because of their past mistakes, as if WWE or any wrestling promotion hasn’t done anything stupid. Also about their venues, yeah they’re small, but who cares when the story they’re telling is great?

·
Banned
345 Posts
Impact is way better than WWE but it doesn’t touch AEW.
I agree that AEW is number one but WWE comes second for me. Only because of the size of the crowds and the production. Impact comes off as indy despite good feuds. The tv shows I watch need to be high quality to the eye. Indy and small venues in wrestling just dont do it for me. They show MLW in HD over here in the UK and I don't even bother with that either. Storyline wise the Lana and Lashly thing is good shit. She should go back to Rusev and Lashly should get jealous and release a sex tape.

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
Impact needs a definitive look. Same stage so the show had a trademark look.

Other than that Impact is #1. I cant watch anything else from weekly TV shows. Reading RAW review is best I can do.

Yes the production is lacking, but the show is pro wrestling, not someone trying to play pro wrestling.

·
Premium Member
43,713 Posts
They seem to have a bit more of a spark with the move to AXS. It still isn't great, but they've found a comfort zone and are able to deliver solid shows.

And they have a nice core set of talent, including Tessa and Sami, who are basically the main reasons I still watch the show.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven’t watched wrestling consistently for a while now. I gave AEW a chance simply because it was hyped up to be the second coming of the monday night wars, and oh boy is that a fake narrative. I watched all the PPVs and it was mostly just matches with no meaning or storylines, and when it aired on TNT and that little midget wrestler came on I could take no more. And don’t get me started on WWE, that crap is worse than when I stopped watching it in 2008.

After I gave up on AEW, I decided to give Impact wrestling another chance (havent watched Impact since Hogan took over) and damn, Impact Wrestling is by far the best wrestling experience I’ve had! Every match has a decent or good storyline to it, the backstage segments aren’t cringe unlike WWE’s, and the main events are great!

The backstage segments with Tessa Blanchard remind me of the attitude era, not to mention Brian Cage stands out in todays era with all these smaller guys around, and Sammi Callihan cuts amazing promos, I am really enjoying this show.

Thing is, people keep giving it a lot of crap because of their past mistakes, as if WWE or any wrestling promotion hasn’t done anything stupid. Also about their venues, yeah they’re small, but who cares when the story they’re telling is great?

People are starting to come around slowly and realize that Impact is the best wrestling show on tv. It is the most consistent and most all aroind show compared to WWE and AEW.

Almost everyboody om the roster can go in the ring and everybody looks like an athlete and not some indy trash scrub. I'd rather have Joey Ryan who at least looks like he works out compared to some geek like Orange Cassidy. I pay to see men fight not pencil necked geeks who listen to Justin Bieber like the Cassidy's of the word.

Congrats on being smart enough to see it. I redpect that because most wrestling fans are sheep. You can have the best wrestling show on earth, a large portion of fans would still not give a product a chance because they feel they need to be loyal to whatever brand they're currently watching.

In Impacts case, its that plus the fact that people still associate Impact too much with the old TNA even though its a completely different regime that is in control now. Unfortunately most fans still view it as "uncool" to watch Impact because of the way TNa was viewed.

·
Registered
446 Posts

People are starting to come around slowly and realize that Impact is the best wrestling show on tv. It is the most consistent and most all aroind show compared to WWE and AEW.

Almost everyboody om the roster can go in the ring and everybody looks like an athlete and not some indy trash scrub. I'd rather have Joey Ryan who at least looks like he works out compared to some geek like Orange Cassidy. I pay to see men fight not pencil necked geeks who listen to Justin Bieber like the Cassidy's of the word.

Congrats on being smart enough to see it. I redpect that because most wrestling fans are sheep. You can have the best wrestling show on earth, a large portion of fans would still not give a product a chance because they feel they need to be loyal to whatever brand they're currently watching.

In Impacts case, its that plus the fact that people still associate Impact too much with the old TNA even though its a completely different regime that is in control now. Unfortunately most fans still view it as "uncool" to watch Impact because of the way TNa was viewed.

Regardless. The Impact Renaissance is upon us

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,986 Posts
It really is, very, very underrated. They've built up too much ill will with the fans over the years so most don't give them a chance anymore. But if nothing else, everyone should be watching the oVe vs Tessa Blanchard angle that will more than likely make history. And there's a lot else that Impact do well thesedays as well.

There's no weak division or scene in Impact at the moment. The World Title picture has been so good, and for a while now. The Tag Division is really good. The Women's division is good, though Taya as Champ is played out. The X Division is always fun. And then you've got people like Moose, or even Ken Shamrock, or a finally heel again RVD doing good work.

Impact avoids the issues WWE and AEW has. in WWE everyone except the chosen ones are geeks, whereas most people in Impact feel important. In AEW everyone feels so Indyriffic, just full off little spot monkeys and the typical Indytastic comedy crap, Impact avoids that.

They've got a strong mix too. There's big hosses like Cage, World class women like Tessa, great tag teams like the North, fantastic characters and promos like Sami. There's something for every fan.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What people need to understand is its not just about the roster when it comes to a good wrestling company. WWae has a ridiculous roster but the booking doesnt make it feel that way because so many guys are useless sitting around aimless with no continuity.

Everybody has a part on Impact and you combine that with the good commmentary, storylines, video packages, ect.....it makes the show shine.

The only thing for.me is the atmosthere at times is absolutely terrible but its understandable for now.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Impact needs a definitive look. Same stage so the show had a trademark look.

Other than that Impact is #1. I cant watch anything else from weekly TV shows. Reading RAW review is best I can do.

Yes the production is lacking, but the show is pro wrestling, not someone trying to play pro wrestling.

Its been better than wwe for a long time but Impact has not been great for a while after Anthem took over.But it is good now and going down an interesting direction and of course right now its way way better than wwe.But i will agree and die hards in here shit on us in here about it but the production still comes off as tacky. They have some of the tackiest belts in the business. That is something that bothers people is something feeling amateur and not professional. Hell my local promotion eccw has more important looking belt. The stage is fine it does the job but instead of being unique they went with looking like every other generic promotional stage. I do like the new look of the logos though and the intro song is very good and fittingThe lines coming off the logo look like some rising sun shit and the baby blue and the owl is dorky

Also they have all these cool segments filmed that have so much potential but it comes off insanely tacky and horrible acting,I don't get it because many of these things have been done many times over the years and done less bad acting. Really hope that changes cus the segments in general are bang on for what we should be seeing and what we see in movies

That being said this is going to be a huge year and Anthem said themselves they waited for a proper ground to be on before they took it to the next level. By Hard to kill its going to really heat up and continue into 2020 as a huge year for them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I love the name Hard to Kill. I will be purchasing that bad boy along with Full Gear. Great time to be a fan! I even check out NWA time to time to see Eli Drake & James Storm.

·
IRAN #1
2,237 Posts
Agree completely.. Impact has one of the better wrestling shows right now... Besides AEW, Impact is the only other company I'll watch.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I haven’t watched wrestling consistently for a while now.
I haven't watched watching pro wrestling period for years now

the prospect of wrestling becoming great again was the only thing keeping my tv subscription going and im grateful for having saved so much potential money since then, if what I've read online is anything to go by, I haven't missed out on much

nearly all the the great white hopes have extinguished and when pro wrestling gets a chance to disappoint, it will take it

belive it or not I want all the bigger dudes on the indy scene to get picked up and get tested to the point of torn apart to find the wheat from the chaff

this is why we need rigid weight divisions, or just don't have a heavyweight divisions anyway, that horse has almost left the barn anyway

i'm getting tired of repeating this but we have a saying on this site

Defending a company's stupidity with another's stupidity is utter stupidity

let me know when Impact actually makes strides like it used to, I want to know what to expect from my wrestling 5 years from now

·
Registered
339 Posts
I haven't watched watching pro wrestling period for years now

the prospect of wrestling becoming great again was the only thing keeping my tv subscription going and im grateful for having saved so much potential money since then, if what I've read online is anything to go by, I haven't missed out on much

nearly all the the great white hopes have extinguished and when pro wrestling gets a chance to disappoint, it will take it

belive it or not I want all the bigger dudes on the indy scene to get picked up and get tested to the point of torn apart to find the wheat from the chaff

this is why we need rigid weight divisions, or just don't have a heavyweight divisions anyway, that horse has almost left the barn anyway

i'm getting tired of repeating this but we have a saying on this site

Defending a company's stupidity with another's stupidity is utter stupidity

let me know when Impact actually makes strides like it used to, I want to know what to expect from my wrestling 5 years from now
Point is All companies have made their share of mistakes, it's not about defending one by bringing up another's mistakes. It's about showing things have happened to other wrestling companies throughout history some have survived their mistakes and a lot of companies haven't survived theirs. Just get over it.

And Impact wrestling has already made significant strides but to worry about 5 years from now as a fan is the most ridiculous thing, you might not be alive 5 years from now.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
The point is they have some shit to work on and are doing many many good things right. People in here need to stop acting like babies and pretending its perfect like when you meet a girl you have chemistry with on a first date.

People are irritated when the same mess ups contiue happening over and over. A conpany should look at its product fron head to toe.

It would be nice to have some proper constructive conversation in here why people are not getting hard-ons but everything. NWA,AEW and many other promotions have healthy discussions just like how TNA had for years but the past year that changed in here. We gotta bring back thr vibe and some peoples attitude should change so more people feel welcome in here.

at least its a lot more good happening and changing right now than the bad. so that's very good 1

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
205 Posts
Umm... AEW marks are the worst to have conversations with. The moment you call something stupid out, they call you a WWE mark and not to mention they're some of the most sensitive fucking pussies on planet earth...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Umm... AEW marks are the worst to have conversations with. The moment you call something stupid out, they call you a WWE mark and not to mention they're some of the most sensitive fucking pussies on planet earth...
What does that make you about Impact ? insanely hypocritical. Lets just all start being open to conversation in here and build the community again !

I enjoy having conversation but you know i gotta make that response lol

Hard to kill needs to be a yearly thing. Jerks wont give me the name for the weekly show lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
The point is they have some shit to work on and are doing many many good things right. People in here need to stop acting like babies and pretending its perfect like when you meet a girl you have chemistry with on a first date.

People are irritated when the same mess ups contiue happening over and over. A conpany should look at its product fron head to toe.

It would be nice to have some proper constructive conversation in here why people are not getting hard-ons but everything. NWA,AEW and many other promotions have healthy discussions just like how TNA had for years but the past year that changed in here. We gotta bring back thr vibe and some peoples attitude should change so more people feel welcome in here.

at least its a lot more good happening and changing right now than the bad. so that's very good 1
The point is entertainment will never be perfect to everybody because entertainment is subjective. If you're expecting things to be perfect you are in for major disappointment. I mean what you might think sucks someone else might think is fantastic. I don't expect thihgs to go my way i just want to enjoy the show so you coming with they have things to work on i just don't see it. Bad execution is one thing that's obvious to any fan but to say they have things to work on because you don't like an angle, story or booking decision is not something they need to work on its your opinion that you don't like or agree with something but i might feel totally different about it.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
The point is entertainment will never be perfect to everybody because entertainment is subjective. If you're expecting things to be perfect you are in for major disappointment. I mean what you might think sucks someone else might think is fantastic.

I want them to grow,Not stay Indy kings. Its logical thinking

1 - 20 of 58 Posts