-----

Impact World Championship

Brian Cage(c) vs Sami Callihan

-----

Michael Elgin vs Naomichi Marufuji

-----

Moose vs Ken Shamrock

-----

The Rascalz (Dez, Wentz, & Trey) vs Dr. Wagner Jr, ???, & ???

-----​

No spoilers from tapings.

Discuss.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Card looks good so far, hopefully they can really deliver something strong to head into the AXS debut with.

This show could be yet another turning point for them, atleast this time it seems to be turning in the right direction.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
X title match was announced couple of days ago, it's a 5 person ladder match, no participants announced yet. Tessa faces Dave Christ this week in a qualifying match.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
^Nice, a 5 Way X Division could help give that MITB-WM vibe, especially if it's opens the show or 2nd match. If Impact are planning to keep Homecoming for January and Option C, then this X division ladder could be like a MITB lv match. Here's hoping they add a few top guys to it.

·
15,626 Posts
If Tessa is in the match, shes winning it. Then if Sami beats Cage you have Tessa cash in option C against him and you have an incredible redemption story possibly leading to the 1st female world champion in wrestling history.

Would be pretty epic.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
New match announced

Intergender Gauntlet, winner gets title match of his choice

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Excited for this and its at a new location. Such a epic month for wrestling !

·
15,626 Posts
This will fly under the radar with everything else going on this month but this card looks great so far on paper.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I really don't like half of this card, there's too many exhibition style matches with little to no feud between competitors (X-Division 5 way, Gauntlet match, The Rascalz tag match, Elgin vs Marifuji). The most important match of the night though (main event) will be brilliant.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Be careful what you say or dixie guy in here will flip out on you and call you a troll for having an opinion. Guys got issues

·
Registered
264 Posts
I really don't like half of this card, there's too many exhibition style matches with little to no feud between competitors (X-Division 5 way, Gauntlet match, The Rascalz tag match, Elgin vs Marifuji). The most important match of the night though (main event) will be brilliant.
The card is awesome though. And the matches will probably be really good.

But you are right about the fact that many matches are "exhibition style" or in other words random matches.

There are stories like Ace vs Eddie and the Su Yung / Havok stuff that doesn't seem to be part of BfG.

At least the X-Division match has Jake vs Tessa in it, and Elgin vs Marufuji didn't need much built up imo.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
Card looks weak.

Callis has too much hope on Elgin-Marafuji and ladder match to save the show.

Cage isn't in his best shape. Tag match looks weak. Tenille and Taya is going to suck really bad. Moose vs. Shamrock might just be worse.

And also gauntlet match which can be as good as it can be horrible. 3 on 3 should be good, but 50 yo Wagner being in the match still bugs me.

I'm worried. The show HAS to be good as it's right before AXS move.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
So Tessa signed a 2 yr contract back in 2018, so earliest AEW could grab her would be in 2020. Damn, I hope she signs with AEW.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
North/Swann/Mack will carry it to at least a ***1/2 match ( same goes for Wagner/rest of the crew being talented enough). Tenille's been shitting the bed but she worked with Taya several dozens of times during her Storm academy days, so I expect their match to be **3/4 at least. Ken/Moose is a dark horse, impossible to predict.

They've had very good PPVs with worse cards. I don't think I've ever seen a bad or even a meh D'Amore PPV.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
North/Swann/Mack will carry it to at least a ***1/2 match ( same goes for Wagner/rest of the crew being talented enough). Tenille's been shitting the bed but she worked with Taya several dozens of times during her Storm academy days, so I expect their match to be **3/4 at least. Ken/Moose is a dark horse, impossible to predict.

They've had very good PPVs with worse cards. I don't think I've ever seen a bad or even a meh D'Amore PPV.
The problem is, no one is watching. They need to take a risk in this transition period and put BFG on twitch/AXS for free.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Any word on how well this venue was selling for Bound for Glory? It's a fairly bigger venue than what they've been going to.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts