Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impact Wrestling will hold its first live house show in almost two years. The company announced on Twitter on Thursday night that they are holding a live event in Staten Island, New York on August 5th at 6 PM. Tickets go on sale on June 9th to the general public, with an online pre-sale set for June 7th.

This is the first event since a live show on October 3rd in Salem, Virgina. You can find out more at the link in the tweet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good for them. Here's hoping they actually get people going along to it. They need to advertise the heck out of this and any other events they have planned.

The price doesn't seem outrageous or anything either. Especially since most WWE shows are way over this, and indie shows aren't too far off these days.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
empty seats my lord

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Hopefully Anthem & Co can do a better job at promoting the show and we won't have more of these..

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Its in a very bad spot for a house show but itll be a sold show so they wont lose money. Attendance is going to be brutal though.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Baby steps for sure but it's something. 2017 was always gonna be the year for adjustments, next year will start the true gauge of what's gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm not sure what the purpose of Impact running house shows is ? If it's well advertised they could break even or make a very small profit but nothing significant and they won't be creating new fans so what exactly does this achieve apart from running the risk of not drawing enough people and losing money ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not sure what the purpose of Impact running house shows is ? If it's well advertised they could break even or make a very small profit but nothing significant and they won't be creating new fans so what exactly does this achieve apart from running the risk of not drawing enough people and losing money ?
Ok Mr i know everything.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Perception purposes

·
Registered
902 Posts
So they should know their place and not try?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good sign. I imagine they would do a show on the Sunday as well, get the most of the equipment and the talent. It will be a really interesting thing to hear about. The marketing is going to be really interesting, that will be key. This has long been the complaint but will TNA actually do anything about this? Or will it just be the same as usual?

A couple of questions that some of you may be able to answer:

1. Staten Island-I only know this via Wu Tang. It say's on the article this will be the first wrestling event in that stadium? Will that encourage more locals to come or is it close enough to other New York locations to not really make a difference.

2. I've seen paid show floated around and that would seem to make sense so Impact does not lose money and could make some from the VIP passes and merch. But why are people so sure about this? Were the basebrawl events paid? Whats the appeal to the stadium?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The appeal is it is low to no rent in one of wrestlings hottest markets. They are probably splitting concessions with the venue. More eyes on the ballpark. More eyes on impact. WIn WIn for both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts