Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Some thoughts going into tonight's episode.

- In wrestling but especially in Impact there is a horrible trend of setting up story lines and then saying/doing things that do not fit well. That is evident in the JB/Josh feud. Brother Love told them if either one got physical with the other before their match that BOTH would be fired. Yet you have them, especially Josh, wanting the other to hit them so that person gets fired while totally forgetting THEY WOULD BE FIRED TOO. Just dumb.

- JB is ok on commentary but sucks with banter. There was two examples from last weeks episode that I finally caught up on last night but I remember only one right now. Josh mentions how if Sonjay did not win the X title after 15 years it would not happen. JB should have countered with it took the Cubs over 100 years but they won the World Series again.

- Impact should look into signing Shera's brother and dad. If the brother can wrestle close to Shera, should not be hard, I would put them in a tag team with the dad as the manager. I think visually they would be an interesting team. Granted once it came to getting in the ring maybe not so much but they can be a jobber tag team to help other teams get over.

- The set up for the tag match between Eli/Chris vs. Moose/? has been sloppy and choppy. It seemed like Moose wanted to take on both men himself and then he has a partner and it will be a tag match. Just poorly done.

- Spud/Swoggle doing backstage skits is fine for some comedy but they do not need more than a minute for in ring action.

Looking forward to see how they advance things this week to build Slamm. Including the segments with LAX.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Is it just me or did last weeks LAX video make me think this week was going to be a Expedition of Gold type thing and would have helped make them look better coming out with even more title belts than the 2 they're already holding in Impact?

It's 2x funnier when you realize Sonjay is American and Jinder is Canadian.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Is it just me or did last weeks LAX video make me think this week was going to be a Expedition of Gold type thing and would have helped make them look better coming out with even more title belts than the 2 they're already holding in Impact?

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Titles maybe but more so about invading promotions, causing chaos and taking money.

At least Impact has said Sonjay is not from India but his parents are. They play his Indian heritage just a tad mostly since they are there.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
True dat. It is why I think his partner for Slamm should have been Squirrel

Reactions: somerandomfan

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,627 Posts
It really bugs me that Low Ki's title reign was cut so short just because they went to India, so they had to hand Sonjay the title on a silver platter just to cater to them. The title win didn't feel special or earned, it felt cheap and forced, because it only happened because they was in India.

Also wtf was with Rosemary being pinned so fucking easily? This woman went through full metal mayhem matches with Jade, falling through tables, thumbtacks, kicking out after extreme spots with weapons, and she gets pinned with a half assed curb stomp by Laurel whos barefoot? Just fucking stupid.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
They really need to have Lashley beat Patron to unify those titles
I want Lashley to win but Jeff Jarrett is going to be sucking up to Triple A and having Alberto Del Rio Unify the belts, No matter where Del Rio goes, He still boring to watch or isn't getting a reaction.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,627 Posts
I want Lashley to win but Jeff Jarrett is going to be sucking up to Triple A and having Alberto Del Rio Unify the belts, No matter where Del Rio goes, He still boring to watch or isn't getting a reaction.
So true, and i bet one of his demands before he would sign with Impact was they had to put the world title on him and feature him heavily in the main event.

Also i think its completely bullshit that he has stolen Daniel Bryan's catchphrase, "Oh but he says it in Spanish so its different" get the fuck out he ripped his catchphrase off and is just saying it in a different language. Now he has it on shirts and its in his theme song, i just think that really shitty.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Some good news in the numbers. Impact was up to 342K, .10 and 103 for the week.

I almost thought they did not make the list as I looked lower and did not seem them. Kept scrolling up and there they were almost in top 100

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Matt Sydal wins a tournament to become #1 challenge
KM still sucks
Borash said the Germans bombed pearl harbour
Not content with one midget in hornswaggle they added an indian one to their segment
Sienna looks like she would really be good in the sack
Eli is great on the Mic
Moose sucks as always
Some yank who plays a stupid game only yanks call 'football' where they use their hands mostly will be boosting his ego as Moose's partner.
Lashley & EC3 against Cowboy & Alberto was decent.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Borash said the Germans bombed pearl harbour
I have not watched this week yet. Was that an Animal House reference? I would guess it was. Good stuff if so.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

0.10 demo

Ratings don't lie. Again there is a disconnect between us smarks and the casual fan.

Reactions: Hencheman_21
1 - 20 of 29 Posts