No spoilers.

lol @ Veterans of War.

Discuss.

Reactions: CJ

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
No spoilers.

Very strong show. Production was on another level (yes, even better). Crowd was super hot and matches were good.

LAX vs. LK & Garza is cant miss for any wrestling fan. (match is announced, so it's not a spoiler)

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
I expect to see the same thing this week we have seen last few weeks. That is a strong opening and closing. They have been doing a good job of opening with a quick recap setting up the show and then going right to a match usually involving the X Division to get the action started. They also close with an important match that is given proper time.

I hope LAX enjoys themselves while they can. Seeing Rosemary in the rafters last week leads me to think she has NOT forgotten them and is planning her revenge. I am holding out hope she brings in a new tag team even better than Steve/Abyss. I am sure there are some possibilities out there.

Speaking of LAX and their opponents, maybe it is just me and wishful thinking but I find it funny that Konnan keeps referring to management as "dem' boys" as that makes me hope we see a Briscoe Brothers vs. LAX feud :mark:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Opening tag match between garza and laredo against LAX was a good match
what followed after was average to poor not helps with so much Prichard on screen time.
A Spud promo ranting about hornswoggle
The GWF womens title match was shit
I enjoyed the borash -josh segment and a great main event as expected.

Some shit but a decent show overall

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
While the Spud/Swoggle story line is not needed I do like the touch of filming Spud in B&W. Pretty sure he is in a hotel for the segments. I know KM's segment with the pizza delivery guy last week was filmed at the Homewood Suites.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,443 Posts
Ok i get the whole Agent 47 thing but my god Low Ki please get an actual wrestling attire, wrestling in a freaking suit just looks dumb and it must make it harder to wrestle wearing some snug suit clothing. Save the cosplay for comic con.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
Since you did watch the match, it should be pretty clear it's not hard for Low Ki to wrestle in a suit. And it's probably some special taylor made suit anyway.

And he just looks better in it. Srsly, best attire this short bald dude ever had.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
Overall I think the show was VERY good.

Some things I disliked:

Opener could of been longer. It was already pretty good, but I'd prefer +5 mins here and - Sienna-ODB. Storm vs. EC3 was also too long for screwed finish.

Pope was terrible. I usually dont pay attention to commentators, but shit this dude is BAAAD. Cod fucking red your ass.

UX ropes to low. Not saying I dont get why, but the higher those ropes = the more impressive the match.

And there is also ZERO storylines going on now. I wonder if it's part of a reboot and some good storylines are being prepared or it's actually their new direection to just book simplistic feuds like wwe, njpw & nxt does.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,443 Posts
Since you did watch the match, it should be pretty clear it's not hard for Low Ki to wrestle in a suit. And it's probably some special taylor made suit anyway.

And he just looks better in it. Srsly, best attire this short bald dude ever had.
Best attire he's ever had? Lol no, something every office stooge wears to their cubicle everyday isn't the best attire he's ever had.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
It's. He had some generick tights in tna and wwe, than a terrible attire in evolve and finally found a suit. Makes him look more special than he is. Cause while he's charismatic and rocks bald head, he's really small. Surely looks better than Balor in his current generick tights and jacket or Everett.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Overall I think the show was VERY good.

And there is also ZERO storylines going on now. I wonder if it's part of a reboot and some good storylines are being prepared or it's actually their new direection to just book simplistic feuds like wwe, njpw & nxt does.

I disagree with zero storylines, you have:

- EC3 just turned heel has just started and is progressing really well

- Kong Kong & LVN / Braxton & Allie

- Davey / Edwards

- JB / Josh

Now I do agree with them being simplistic feuds and more could be done to make them more appealing. More big feuds are needed and Lashley should really be starting a feud or appearing to continue the El Patron feud for Slammi.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I enjoyed show. Started off strong with a good tag match with my boy Gaza Jnr. Nice to see Joseph Park back but the Park/Abyss thing has already been done and I'm not sure what they could do different. Kongo Kong moves quick for a big guy and is growing on me. They are literally making EC3 anti TNA and is becoming a great heel attacking the officials and Pritchard. Although more Pritchard strikes will probably turn EC3 face again.

Why is there a triple threat match to decide number one contender for Slammi when I'm sure last week they said whoever has the GFW title will be in the main event at Slammi? Maybe it will lead to a triple threat of El Patron/Lashley/EC3 which to be fair would be one of the best Main Event's they could produce.

I hope Josh Matthews (no spoilers please) leaves his choice till Slammi with a surprise being someone like Ryback/Jack Swagger.

They really need a graphic for these GFW tag title tournament because I now have no idea who's in it or who will be facing who??

The video packages hyping matches/feuds are so much better now. It actually peaks my interests in matches/feuds. We need more Lashley interaction whether thats just backstage or whatever.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts