21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Re: TV tapings in New York

They should try Terminal 5. ROH used to run there before they were big enough to consistently fill Hammerstein (and even ROH's last Hammerstein show didn't sell out). It's not ideal but it's better than Melrose.
Bad idea, even though it looks great on camera ROH always got backlash for running shows in Terminal 5, a lot of the capacity it has over other venues is from the upper balconies but the majority of views aside from right over the rail are obstructed.

It wouldn't be a good look if Impact tried to run shows where people end up with "views" like this.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
They should try Terminal 5. ROH used to run there before they were big enough to consistently fill Hammerstein (and even ROH's last Hammerstein show didn't sell out). It's not ideal but it's better than Melrose.
Bad idea, even though it looks great on camera ROH always got backlash for running shows in Terminal 5, a lot of the capacity it has over other venues is from the upper balconies but the majority of views aside from right over the rail are obstructed.

It wouldn't be a good look if Impact tried to run shows where people end up with "views" like this.
Exactly. They need to stay away from narrow venues. Same sesting size is fine but needs to be wider

·
Registered
642 Posts

Let's see if AEW will even be around for 20 years. So far, AEW hasn't surpassed IMPACT with anything they have done. TNA in its first 10-12 years was much bigger than AEW reaching over 2 million viewers. Let's see if AEW can keep their viewers for more than 10 years. first before saying they surpassed anyone.
AEW was bigger than TNA/Impact ever was by their first show back in May. TV ratings are way different these days than they were 10 years ago + it took TNA years to get their ratings to where AEW started at.

I love TNA Impact, it is without a doubt my favorite promotion after WCW, and before AEW, but AEW is legit in ways that TNA Impact never got to and they have done it all in months, not years.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

I'm surprised they would go back, this promotion has had little success in New York, apart from maybe Basebrawl

Let's see if AEW will even be around for 20 years. So far, AEW hasn't surpassed IMPACT with anything they have done. TNA in its first 10-12 years was much bigger than AEW reaching over 2 million viewers. Let's see if AEW can keep their viewers for more than 10 years. first before saying they surpassed anyone.
it got 2 million viewers ONCE and never came close to that again, besides TV is dead

AEW has drawn more people into a single place and has a larger social media presence than IMPACT ever did

you sound like such a jealous fanboy,

just admit it, this promotion has failed, AEW on the other hand, has nowhere to go from here but up

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm surprised they would go back, this promotion has had little success in New York, apart from maybe Basebrawl

it got 2 million viewers ONCE and never came close to that again, besides TV is dead

AEW has drawn more people into a single place and has a larger social media presence than IMPACT ever did

just admit it, this promotion has failed, AEW on the other hand, has nowhere to go from here but up
My hats off to you sir. This Laputan bloke is a butthurt fanboy. This AXS deal is crap, their reach is lower than Pop tv. Impact fans are setting themselves up for a big fall.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts

AEW was bigger than TNA/Impact ever was by their first show back in May. TV ratings are way different these days than they were 10 years ago + it took TNA years to get their ratings to where AEW started at.

I love TNA Impact, it is without a doubt my favorite promotion after WCW, and before AEW, but AEW is legit in ways that TNA Impact never got to and they have done it all in months, not years.
TNA also started out with a much smaller budget than AEW and gradually grew.

You're entitled to your opinion. Just know it's wrong.

Umm, you sound like an AEW smark... IMPACT got over 2 million viewers numerous times. (Gerweck.net TV Ratings).

Whether they failed or not is your opinion. Losing Spike TV did hurt them. But, they're still around nearly 20 years later. Let's see if AEW lasts that long because, to be honest, the way they're going they have nowhere to go but down. It's not necessarily AEW's fault. It's just not as many people are watching wrestling. Same goes for WWE.

In all honestly, why do you keep coming over to the IMPACT section? Does it make you feel better to sound petty?

·
Registered
264 Posts

Sorry, but you are wrong. You can say AEW started bigger than IMPACT/TNA did. But it's still not as popular or even more known than TNA during its peak.

And no, TV ratings are not that different. Fact is: Less people watch AEW then TNA during its peak. Viewership goes down as well, and so far they have a huge hype, but don't know if they can and will keep that up for more than 10 years.

TNA was the number two for many, many years. And so far, AEW has to do the same to be considered at the same level as peak-TNA.

Social Media wasn't as big of a deal as it is now. IMPACT still has more followers on sites like YouTube, etc.

IMPACT actually did over 2 million viewers more than once, and averaged like 1.5 million for many years.

They peaked at 2.2 million and did over 4 million that night (premier + replay).

You sound like a child with that statement, sorry

I don't have to admit anything unless AEW can keep it up for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Sorry, but you are wrong. You can say AEW started bigger than IMPACT/TNA did. But it's still not as popular or even more known than TNA during its peak.
there's a big difference between famous and infamous

And no, TV ratings are not that different. Fact is: Less people watch AEW then TNA during its peak. Viewership goes down as well, and so far they have a huge hype, but don't know if they can and will keep that up for more than 10 years.
so you're not a fan of "the only day that matter is today"?

TNA was the number two for many, many years. And so far, AEW has to do the same to be considered at the same level as peak-TNA.
the wresting business has declined a lot since then, AEW are number 2 by default

Impact isn't even in the top 4

Social Media wasn't as big of a deal as it is now. IMPACT still has more followers on sites like YouTube, etc.
well I don't so open-sewer media so I can't confirm nor disprove that
IMPACT actually did over 2 million viewers more than once, and averaged like 1.5 million for many years.

They peaked at 2.2 million and did over 4 million that night (premier + replay).
I swear the numbers people claim change every tie, can you actually prove any of that?

You sound like a child with that statement, sorry
wow it's like you're admitting you have no argument

I don't have to admit anything unless AEW can keep it up for many years to come.
so unless someone can do everything TNA are number 2 by default? You're even more delusional than the Russo fanboys

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Newyork venue thread turns to ratings rant? Come on people stay on topic.

Lets hope this is the last time they yse this shit venue, so many options in that area with proper wide shaped venue!

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
btw there are matches announced for both days

- Eddie vs. Cage
- Callihan vs. Ken Shamrock
- Tessa vs. Fulton
- Rosemary vs. Havok

also ODB will be at tha tapings and all money from ticket sales will go to her food truck fund

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts
I want to see a full blown return of ODB to IMPACT. Always loved her.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Well the difference is TNA started as an Indy during a time of war and a recession from scratch with no company to piggyback off of. AEW started at a much better time for our country while piggybacking off of ROH and a hot New Japan promotion. TNA started at a time wrestling was closer to death than life, AEW started at a time where there's wrestling companies popping up everywhere and TV networks need content so it's not really a fair comparison between the two. Nearly 20 years between the two company's launch and the country has changed a ton in that time.

A more fair comparison would be ROH , MLW and TNA since they all started the same year. MLW went of business until it recently came back and ROH never really grew past glorified indy status while briefly going out of business in 2011.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts