Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Re: TV tapings in New York

There is no way that Melrose is the cheapest venue for them.They need to get the fuck oiut of that venue.It looks so terrible on tv. The size is so bad. There is plenty of larger venues with the same seating

·
Registered
264 Posts

There is no way that Melrose is the cheapest venue for them.They need to get the fuck oiut of that venue.It looks so terrible on tv. The size is so bad. There is plenty of larger venues with the same seating
I wouldn't mind this place so much if the ring wasn't this small.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

I wouldn't mind this place so much if the ring wasn't this small.
The ring has to be fucking small cus the venue is shit for wrestling.The stage is so close to the ring and the camera view is shit.

They have been picking new venued lately like BFG and some of the venues they use are great.The Windsor venue and mexico are great

·
Registered
346 Posts

You think any new viewers will hang around on AXS once they see the indy level production on the shows? This company will never learn. They've been around for nearly 20 years and AEW, a new start up, have already surpassed them in every way imaginable.

·
Registered
264 Posts

You think any new viewers will hang around on AXS once they see the indy level production on the shows? This company will never learn. They've been around for nearly 20 years and AEW, a new start up, have already surpassed them in every way imaginable.
Let's see if AEW will even be around for 20 years. So far, AEW hasn't surpassed IMPACT with anything they have done. TNA in its first 10-12 years was much bigger than AEW reaching over 2 million viewers. Let's see if AEW can keep their viewers for more than 10 years. first before saying they surpassed anyone.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let's see if AEW will even be around for 20 years. So far, AEW hasn't surpassed IMPACT with anything they have done. TNA in its first 10-12 years was much bigger than AEW reaching over 2 million viewers. Let's see if AEW can keep their viewers for more than 10 years. first before saying they surpassed anyone.
You are delusional mate living in never never land. Get your head out of the clouds. TNA never reached the success of AEW. Remind me what was the most tickets sold at a TNA live event? What was the highest PPV number for a TNA show? Them being around for 20 years does not mean they have been a success in that time. Think about it.

·
Registered
264 Posts

You are delusional mate living in never never land. Get your head out of the clouds. TNA never reached the success of AEW. Remind me what was the most tickets sold at a TNA live event? What was the highest PPV number for a TNA show? Them being around for 20 years does not mean they have been a success in that time. Think about it.
Remind me when AEW did 2.2 Million viewers on a weekly basis then.
Or had megastars like Sting, Hardy, Angle, etc.

So far AEW is all hype, and that hype may not last long. We'll see.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Remind me when AEW did 2.2 Million viewers on a weekly basis then.
Or had megastars like Sting, Hardy, Angle, etc.

So far AEW is all hype, and that hype may not last long. We'll see.
They never consistently drew 2 million, this was on a few occasions when they spent stupid money on a new signing which saw a temporary spike in numbers. On average they were drawing around 1.5 million weekly and by today's standard that would be considered a crap rating considering they had what you call mega stars. At the time the WWE version of ECW was doing better numbers than TNA. That says it all. Then they tried to go head to head with Raw but fell flat on their arses with abysmal ratings.

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts

They never consistently drew 2 million, this was on a few occasions when they spent stupid money on a new signing which saw a temporary spike in numbers. On average they were drawing around 1.5 million weekly and by today's standard that would be considered a crap rating considering they had what you call mega stars. At the time the WWE version of ECW was doing better numbers than TNA. That says it all. Then they tried to go head to head with Raw but fell flat on their arses with abysmal ratings.
:duck

Get out of here clown. You got lost from the snowflake AEW section. You literally can't back up anything you're saying here and are coming off quite petty.

TNA has sold a lot more PPV's overall than AEW.
TNA has drawn bigger ratings than AEW on Spike TV, consistently (Go check Gerweck.net TV rating history).
TNA created some of the biggest stars currently in professional wrestling today.
TNA has the most lucrative library in wrestling currently, since the closure of WCW.
TNA has been around for nearly 20 YEARS.

You can talk shit about TNA IMPACT going to Mondays all you want but, at least they had the nuts to do it.

AEW wishes they were TNA, bro. :russo

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

They should try Terminal 5. ROH used to run there before they were big enough to consistently fill Hammerstein (and even ROH's last Hammerstein show didn't sell out). It's not ideal but it's better than Melrose.

·
Registered
346 Posts

Get out of here clown. You got lost from the snowflake AEW section. You literally can't back up anything you're saying here and are coming off quite petty.

TNA has sold a lot more PPV's overall than AEW.
TNA has drawn bigger ratings than AEW on Spike TV, consistently (Go check Gerweck.net TV rating history).
TNA created some of the biggest stars currently in professional wrestling today.
TNA has the most lucrative library in wrestling currently, since the closure of WCW.
TNA has been around for nearly 20 YEARS.

You can talk shit about TNA IMPACT going to Mondays all you want but, at least they had the nuts to do it.

AEW wishes they were TNA, bro. :russo
Just look at your username tell me now who is the clown. You're a mark for the very clown who fucked TNA over. If she wasn't so ditzy the TNA of old may have reached these levels of success AEW have and not spiralled into the shitty indy fed it is today.

Tell me which stars did TNA create? Eric Young? Samosa Joe? Bobby Roode? EC3? Mate these are all glorified jobbers in WWE. Outside of TNA they have no name value. AJ was a star long before he joined TNA.

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts

Just look at your username tell me now who is the clown. You're a mark for the very clown who fucked TNA over. If she wasn't so ditzy the TNA of old may have reached these levels of success AEW have and not spiralled into the shitty indy fed it is today.

Tell me which stars did TNA create? Eric Young? Samosa Joe? Bobby Roode? EC3? Mate these are all glorified jobbers in WWE. Outside of TNA they have no name value. AJ was a star long before he joined TNA.
You literally couldn't answer ANY of my points I made. :lol

If it wasn't for Dixie, TNA wouldn't have had a TV contract for nearly 10 years on Spike. How long has AEW been on the air a month? Come talk to me when AEW has been on the air and drawn better ratings than IMPACT consistently for over 4 years.

AJ Styles wasn't anything before TNA. He owes everything to the Carters. Who made him if it wasn't TNA? And don't tell me some outlaw company that no one cares or knows about. This is the real world, bro.

Are you a mark? Yes you are. You answered that yourself you should be embarrassed.

·
Registered
264 Posts

At that time WWE was way more popular than it is now, and IMPACT still managed to do way better than what AEW is doing right now.
Let's see if AEW can even stay alive for 10 years. I don't doubt it, but they'll never be as big as TNA was during its Spike era.

AJ was a star long before he joined TNA.
lol what? He was a young jobber in a dying WCW before he joined TNA.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

Alright all you fucking turds bitching about ratings. Lets get back on track to this dam thread. I really hope this is the last bloody time they go into this venue.This company can draw more and that bloody venue is wayyyyyyyy to tight for the production. NY has so many dam options. Glad they picked the BFG venue as it was a new one for them. Windsor is still a good option and i think we will see new venues over this coming year !

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

You guys need to stop fucking talking about the past and focus on the now. You all look stupid fighting over a bunch of shit that everyone is just siding with one point or another. Impact is now baby.

To the guy saying they should go to the terminal 5 its only slightly better. Its larger but only by lenth. Its also narrow like that melrose place so it looks awkward for the ring and the stage set. They need wide venues. Same size seating is fine but wider is needed

1 - 20 of 35 Posts