Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Show me where I ever said I agree with Tony not wanting to bring Hogan in.

I’m not a Hogan fan, but if AEW brought him in for an appearance to two, I’d have no problem with it.

Tell me again how I’m a hypocrite.
Not you specifically. I don't recall who was in favour and who wasn't but I remember it being about 80-90% in favour of Khan banning all racists until Tessa became available.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
With all due respect how do you know I'd shit down his throat on this one? I'm just asking for consistency and have always maintained it's about consistency. They legitimately cancelled an enhancement guy a month or so ago for using the N-Word when he was a young adult but we're going to hire Tessa who allegedly threw it around quite often and is an accused racist?

Personally I only deal in facts and I don't think anything about Tessa was ever proven so I don't care but Tony Khan has openly stated that he does care so he'd look like an inconsistent babbling idiot if he did sign her.

Which is a shame because Tessa would be a fine addition to AEW.
That’s fair. No nothing said against Tessa was ever proven, it was just a bunch of women attacking her from what I heard. Given how Twitter has been lately, with 40-50% of it being most likely bullshit and the other half most likely true I dont know what to believe anymore. Hogan on the other hand was recorded.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Not you specifically. I don't recall who was in favour and who wasn't but I remember it being about 80-90% in favour of Khan banning all racists until Tessa became available.
You forget the rules, if Tony hires her then it is brilliant business. If he passes on her, then he has integrity. He wins either way with fans. If he brought Hogan in, there would be posts on here about how Vince is shaking in the corner scared and WWE was about to go gown. You know there would be.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
The way I see it, Tony Khan would have gotten shit whether he spoke about his moral/political views or not, because Tessa is an “alleged“ racist and bit*h. Even If Cancel Culture wasn’t a thing, and even if Hogan wasn’t banned, the simple fact that he does business with her would have drawn massive criticism and people would form their own opinions on the kind of guy they think Tony is. If he does business with a racist then he’s a racist. People on here even were saying that Tony believed in rape because he worked with Tyson. He can’t win. That’s the world we live in. People will judge you and say you’re this or that kind of person based off of your actions. So......fuck it right?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wasn't aware she was against the Japanese and Mexicans also. That makes it even worse.
She's not out right said anything and she's married to a Mexican. But how many racists use the token I'm not racist I'm sleeping with a black asian Mexican guy.

It's never just black and white with racists no pun intended. They hate Asians, Indians, middle easterners, chinese etc. If you support white power but make allowances for other colors your not being racist correctly

So that gives Tony an out. Yeah she said the n word but when we met on daddys yacht she didn't make allusions to my heritage

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The way I see it, Tony Khan would have gotten shit whether he spoke about his moral/political views or not, because Tessa is an “alleged“ racist and bit*h. Even If Cancel Culture wasn’t a thing, and even if Hogan wasn’t banned, the simple fact that he does business with her would have drawn massive criticism and people would form their own opinions on the kind of guy they think Tony is. If he does business with a racist then he’s a racist. People on here even were saying that Tony believed in rape because he worked with Tyson. He can’t win. That’s the world we live in. People will judge you and say you’re this or that kind of person based off of your actions. So......fuck it right?
I only recall people on here calling Khan out for being a hypocrite in regards to Hogan and Tyson. It's not okay to say the N-Word but it's okay to rape a girl is what I believe the argument was. Nobody ever said Tony believes in rape. I know this because I've been the most outspoken on Tony being consistent with these matters.

Personally I'm with you. Unless there is genuine proof that the person is bad (And a one off doesn't count either because that can be taken out of context) then I don't really care. I also don't care if someone did some bad shit 10, 20, 30 years ago but Tony has said that he does so he can't really go back on that.

I highly doubt that. Hogan is nowhere near the name he used to be. He’s barely even relevant anymore. I doubt anyone would think Vince would be “shaking in the corner.”
You had people on here saying Brodie Lee would change the game for AEW and Vince would be upset about it. Don't underestimate the hardcore AEW fans on this forum.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Okay. Just wanted a clarification. You said the WWE fired her, but she was never under contract to them.

I’m guessing she winds up in WWE or AEW.
Yeah she was never under contract to WWE they just decided not to sign her because of her attitude.

WWE won't be interested and neither should AEW.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Unless a report comes out that AEW or Tony Khan isn't interested in her, I still think that their is hope with her father being in AEW already AND she was used for All In before AEW started. Point being theirs people in AEW that would campaign for her. The unknown is Tony Khan of course.

..but yeah, I would be surprised if the door were to be open for her to go to WWE after the apparent reason for not giving her a developmental contract last time. Assuming that rumor was true. Which would be a shame because a Flair and Blanchard in the same company would be cool too.
AEW would be stupid to sign her since shes a cancer in the business being racist, unprofessional, and blacklisted from WWE, Impact, and Stardom because of her attitude.

I don't think AEW will hire her anyway since dhe has enemies through out the AEW women's division.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
I highly doubt that. Hogan is nowhere near the name he used to be. He’s barely even relevant anymore. I doubt anyone would think Vince would be “shaking in the corner.”
He is a name everyone knows. He would get eyeballs on the product. Ultimately I also believe it would not be worth it, but if they did it, people would defend it here just because it was AEW doing it. Just like if Orton showed up, he would suddenly have a lot more fans here too.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
He is a name everyone knows. He would get eyeballs on the product. Ultimately I also believe it would not be worth it, but if they did it, people would defend it here just because it was AEW doing it. Just like if Orton showed up, he would suddenly have a lot more fans here too.
Some guys were calling for Sting to wrestle in AEW just a few weeks ago. Hogan would be a 30 page thread on here.

Khan was criticized by some for banning Hogan(s) so no matter what he does he'll be criticized.
I think people just want consistency from the guy. Is it okay to hire someone who uses racist terms or is it not? If so, unban Hogan and apologise to him, if it isn't then don't sign Tessa.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You had people on here saying Brodie Lee would change the game for AEW and Vince would be upset about it. Don't underestimate the hardcore AEW fans on this forum.
Strange how she's now available & the racism & bullying thing is defendable because she might end up in said company.

Hypocrites.
Show me where I ever said bullies and racists should never be allowed to wrestle in AEW.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I think people just want consistency from the guy. Is it okay to hire someone who uses racist terms or is it not? If so, unban Hogan and apologise to him, if it isn't then don't sign Tessa.
This is just fans talking, Khan hasn’t said or done anything with Tessa thus far and has been consistent as far as we know.

Him reiterating his stance with Hogan was after his wife did something. The door wasn’t closed to Tessa ever, he hired her father so the bridge was always there. You, Cult, Bdon will eviscerate him regardless and I understand that but at this moment, RIGHT NOW, you’re killing him and he hasn’t done anything.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Also just so we’re clear, is there any video/audio of Tessa being racist? Like we saw/heard Hogan but I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing Tessa say anything. I’m aware of the accusations and where there’s smoke there’s usually fire but is there proof of anything or just accusations and speculation? That stuff matters and AEW with both Sammy and Havoc have shown they don’t just sweep things under the rug. Havoc is doing counseling, Sammy is is suspended and apologized and had a conversation with Sasha. And keeping them both around isn’t saying to the women’s division that Khan or AEW doesn’t care about them or how their actions impact women.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Show me where I ever said bullies and racists should never be allowed to wrestle in AEW.
Again, NOT YOU. OTHER PEOPLE.

Here are some examples:

Prosperwithdeen in the Hogan thread:

It was hella racist to say only blacks are looting when half the rioters and looters are white. Fuck that bitch. I hate people that ignorantly talk like her from the comfort of their privileged lives. This is why black people are always painted in a worse light than they deserve to be painted in, because of the media and stupid whores like her. We're not the only ones doing "bad" things in America. Enough with the bias, generalizations and misconstrued perceptions. I'm sure Tony Khan felt the same way reading that shit. I'm sure this shit resonates with him with all Arab people being labeled or looked at as "terrorists" for a period of time when most of them are the coolest people you'll ever meet.
Linda Hogan made a racial comment and it was "Fuck that bitch" "I hate people like her" "This is why black people are always painted in a worse light" "She's a stupid whore" "This shit definitely resonates with Tony Khan"

Prosperwithdeen in this thread:

Having Tessa Blanchard on the show would be huge and would make Dynamite that much better, especially if she’s involved in the Horseman angle with her dad. She’s a major free agent. I don’t know man, this really is a tough one.

Tony will be mentally pressured to stay consistent with banning Hogan and suspending Sammy so bringing in Tessa wouldn’t be a good look. But at the same time, that’s a huge missed Opportunity as far as a major signing that they really need right now for the women’s division.

Vince doesn’t have a conscience and would Probably sign her in a heart beat, which would be a major blow.

She didnt want to send video promos in as World Champion? I don’t know the whole story as to why, but I mean that’s screwed up...be a team player.
I agree. But what about all the people who already have their social media messages typed up ready to push send and morally rip the company apart the second they sign her? People are literally ready to push send as we speak on their hate messages and some already have their “speaking out” stories queued up with devilish smiles on their faces just jizzing themselves at the new opportunity.
Lol probably. Have Daddy Tully put in a good word for her and make her do counseling before making her debut lol. That plus an apology video to the girls she offended with a statement to Impact should suffice. Alleged history says she’s a bitch but I think Tessa is too good to pass up. Twitter can go fuck itself lol. Just hire somebody to delete comments lmao idk
---

In this thread suddenly it's "Fuck the Twitter lynch mob" (Which he himself was involved in literally 3 weeks ago), it'd be a huge missed opportunity and they should consider overlooking her being racist because of that, people are "jizzing themselves" at the opportunity to complain about this (Keep in mind he did the same thing 3 weeks ago about Hogan)

He then suggests that maybe Tessa can do some sensitivity training and post an apology video to get around the fact she's a racist. Of course Tessa isn't called a whore, a bitch and he certainly doesn't hate her.

Hypocrite.

Want another example? My old mate MontyCora.

In the Hogan thread he was outraged by Linda's comments:

Good lord some people are racist as fuck and clearly don't even realize they're racist as fuck.
It's not a double standard at all. Tyson acts like a changed man, this dumb bitch tweeted this shit like a day ago.
I will believe people can change, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's learned and grown. But "many of his colleagues said he was never a racist" is worth less than nothing to me when you're on tape thinking you're not being recorded, casually throwing out the hard R N word in reference to black people. That is unquestionably a racist thing to do. I don't know anyone who would just do that, and the people I do know, are racist as fuck.
---

Monty has a clear negative reaction to racist people, argues that it's okay if people act like a changed person (Tessa has not) and that the simple "His colleagues say he isn't racist" doesn't mean shit but actions do.

However in this thread...

Tough call. I don't follow Impact but I know she's renowned and the AEW womens division could absolutely use a major player. But also they made it clear they don't want assholes in their locker room.
---

Suddenly it's a "tough call". To his credit he does reference that Tessa is an asshole but he's totally on board with signing her despite the fact she's an accused racist and bully simply because the AEW women's division could use a big star.

41 - 60 of 349 Posts