Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seems to be more trouble than she's worth. I mean beggars can't be choosers, but she also has that N-bomb controversy from January over her difficulty to work with.

She has been in Mexico since the pandemic hit, living with fiance(or husband now?) Daga and unable to make Impact as it's World Champion. However Mexican wrestlers able to travel to States again - she being American could have always come back but didn't want to leave husband of course. But Penta coming Stateside means Daga could as well.

So she refused to send in promos during her absence, and now seemingly still refuses to show up to work. With her contract ending at the end of the year, Impact likely saw the writing on the wall with her and decided to cut bait.

Will AEW be interested? Can they be interested given the bullying stuff and banning of Hogan and Linda? AEW already has a lack of POC problem and would be instead bringing in a person accused of racial bullying in her recent enough past.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,909 Posts
Holy shit. I don’t know what AEW does here. She would be an awesome pickup and would turn heads, but do they want to sign her given all the trouble she has been in and her track record? With her Dad Tully being in AEW it would be an easy transition.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Holy shit. I don’t know what AEW does here. She would be an awesome pickup and would turn heads, but do they want to sign her given all the trouble she has been in and her track record? With her Dad Tully being in AEW it would be an easy transition.
Tough call. I don't follow Impact but I know she's renowned and the AEW womens division could absolutely use a major player. But also they made it clear they don't want assholes in their locker room.

·
8,909 Posts
Tough call. I don't follow Impact but I know she's renowned and the AEW womens division could absolutely use a major player. But also they made it clear they don't want assholes in their locker room.
Having Tessa Blanchard on the show would be huge and would make Dynamite that much better, especially if she’s involved in the Horseman angle with her dad. She’s a major free agent. I don’t know man, this really is a tough one.

Tony will be mentally pressured to stay consistent with banning Hogan and suspending Sammy so bringing in Tessa wouldn’t be a good look. But at the same time, that’s a huge missed Opportunity as far as a major signing that they really need right now for the women’s division.

Vince doesn’t have a conscience and would Probably sign her in a heart beat, which would be a major blow.

She didnt want to send video promos in as World Champion? I don’t know the whole story as to why, but I mean that’s screwed up...be a team player.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All the way from the top back down to the bottom. Unfortunate really, but if I'm AEW or WWE I still sign her.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i think with the state of the womens division, you have to take a chance on her. maybe her father being in the company keeps in her check with any bad behavior she may. idk her whole situation though

·
8,909 Posts
A little more as far as details:

"Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

"Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms. Blanchard's deal was slated to expire before the PPV but Impact was hoping that she would return for a final appearance, especially as they were of the belief that they could roll the time she was in Mexico not performing onto the end of her deal, extending it past its original expiration date. When it became increasingly obvious that Blanchard appearing wasn't going to happen, Impact opted to cut bait, terminate the deal and move forward."

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Youth is not always an excuse for unacceptable behavior but in her case I can say she's young and dumb. They're standing behind their guys right now in Sammy and Jimmy so bring her in with an understanding that her past behavior will not be tolerated.

·
Southern Pride
3,385 Posts
AEW has to sign Tessa at this point, regardless of the drama. The AEW Womens Division still needs her. If they were to pass on her after signing all of these other random women that few had known of before, I would question their thinking. Well, more than I already have with that Division.

The EVPs will probably want to sign Tessa. Cody and Young Bucks, I can imagine them trying to convince Tony that it will be fine.

All of this is assuming that she would be willing to return to the United States if she went to AEW, not knowing the full reason why she wasn't willing before with Impact.

·
Banned
801 Posts
She got fired from Impact for being a cancer and now she can be stuck doing the indies since WWE won't want her after this situation.

·
8,909 Posts
AEW has to sign Tessa at this point, regardless of the drama. The AEW Womens Division still needs her. If they were to pass on her after signing all of these other random women that few had known of before, I would question their thinking. Well, more than I already have with that Division.

The EVPs will probably want to sign Tessa. Cody and Young Bucks, I can imagine them trying to convince Tony that it will be fine.

All of this is assuming that she would be willing to return to the United States if she went to AEW, not knowing the full reason why she wasn't willing before with Impact.
I agree. But what about all the people who already have their social media messages typed up ready to push send and morally rip the company apart the second they sign her? People are literally ready to push send as we speak on their hate messages and some already have their “speaking out” stories queued up with devilish smiles on their faces just jizzing themselves at the new opportunity.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It’s sad that it came to this. Impact treated her well and pushed her to the moon.

I wonder if the relationship went south after it was apparent the two sides couldn’t come to terms on a new contract?

I would love to see her in AEW. She’d be a fantastic addition.

However, if it’s all about money, I think the WWE will offer her a huge deal. At the very least, they want to keep her from joining AEW.

·
Registered
17,012 Posts
Okay quick thoughts:

I've read she has an attitude. Theres also a report that she was being difficult to get purposely fired to go to AEW. But that would not make sense would it? Why would she be a bitch a short time before her contract expires?

She would be a huge deal for AEW, her dad could keep her in check? Tony would have to make sure she doesn't carry an attitude, not sure.

·
Registered
17,012 Posts
A little more as far as details:

"Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

"Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms. Blanchard's deal was slated to expire before the PPV but Impact was hoping that she would return for a final appearance, especially as they were of the belief that they could roll the time she was in Mexico not performing onto the end of her deal, extending it past its original expiration date. When it became increasingly obvious that Blanchard appearing wasn't going to happen, Impact opted to cut bait, terminate the deal and move forward."

I dunno...Maybe she will do "Apology/Counseling Tour?"

·
Banned
801 Posts
AEW should stay far away from her as possible. Shes been fired from WWE and Impact for being a toxic individual. Shes not worth the headache and will divide the locker room like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall did when they went to WCW.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts