Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's sad. Impact really made these two relevant & slowly groomed Kross/Scarlett to be big acts only for them to turn around & try to ditch the company when they are under contract.

Impact can't really make an exception for them because what is to prevent other talent from pulling the same stunt? Why have contracts at all if talent can just ditch them at the drop of a hat? I could understand it if Kross/Scarlett's contracts are up & they want more money but during the term? Not so much.

My last thought on this situation is it reeks of tampering from another company. Kross & Scarlett seem pretty intent on burning a bridge here, my question is why? You only do that if you have a golden parachute & someone else is going to offer you more money. AEW seems to want to go the moral route with their business & it would seem out of place for their people at this point. On the other hand, the slime in charge of WWE wouldn't think twice about doing something like this.

·
HEADBANGA
22,305 Posts
So Impact gives them a platform to work and are featured attractions and as soon as they get some steam they want out of their deals to get a chance to go to a bigger company? That's some unprofessional shit. I wouldn't even bother trying to keep them because they're not even as good as they think they are.

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
Was Kross on LU first or Impact? Could it be the case where he only signed with Impact because LU and Impact had some sort of working arrangement? John Hennigan and Fenix and Penta for example.

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
^Huh. LU contracts were pretty ridiculous, so if he had signed with them first, almost surely he had their okay to work for Impact. Also he works in AAA which had a working agreement with Impact.

What is interesting is that Kross attended a WWE PC tryout in February 2018. Somehow he left without a contract, unless he might have been outed as still under a contract - I sort of remember something about that.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So Impact gives them a platform to work and are featured attractions and as soon as they get some steam they want out of their deals to get a chance to go to a bigger company? That's some unprofessional shit. I wouldn't even bother trying to keep them because they're not even as good as they think they are.
This is what doesnt sit right with me. I know wrestlers dont necessarily “owe” the company anything but its kinda shitty that Impact continually gives under the radar guys the chance to shine only for them to try and bolt the first chance they get. This isnt a Sasha Banks situation where she faced a few years of mistreatment. These guys literally use Impact for a hot second because they know WWE will sign anyone with some notoriety.

As shitty as it sounds... i wonder if I’d do the same thing, if put in their situation since WWE money is much more stable/reliable

·
HEADBANGA
22,305 Posts
This is what doesnt sit right with me. I know wrestlers dont necessarily “owe” the company anything but its kinda shitty that Impact continually gives under the radar guys the chance to shine only for them to try and bolt the first chance they get. This isnt a Sasha Banks situation where she faced a few years of mistreatment. These guys literally use Impact for a hot second because they know WWE will sign anyone with some notoriety.

As shitty as it sounds... i wonder if I’d do the same thing, if put in their situation since WWE money is much more stable/reliable
At the end of the day it does come down to money. If I was them I would at least honor my contract and finish up with the company. I get we're in a hot period in wrestling but there's only so many spots in any given company.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Wonder where she'll go now? She's, serviceable, in the ring, but she is charismatic and plays a good character, so there will be offers I'd imagine.

After how scummy promotions often are, I tend to have little sympathy if the talent manages to get one over on them.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Pretty sad to hear Scarlett has been released by Impact in the past few hours. Impact never found a niche for her that worked out in her favor. Safe to say they really dropped the ball with her, with all the time and effort put into her debut and this Smokeshow it should of been so much more. I said it Months back they should of had her with Drake or even her hubbie Killer Kross and see where it goes. I'm sure she'll find work quiet easily, you could always come back to Stardom for a Tour

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
If Bordeaux isn't getting paid enough to afford to live on her own (Kross said in an interview that she lived with her Mother still) than screw honoring that contract when I can likely get a six figure deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
121 Posts
LMAO Like fuck she will.

She accepted the deal with IW. If she was a better negotiator she would have earned more. Wrestlers need to stop blaming promotions and blame themselves for their paydays. No one owes them shit.
You can't compare 2017 Scarlett's stock to 2019 Scarlett's. At all.
She doesn't owe them shit either, she worked hard for the buzz she's gotten including OUTSIDE Impact especially considering they barely let her wrestle.

At the end of the day they GRANTED her the release so I don't see why some of you should feel any type of way about it. Hope she gets a better deal and we see a lot more of her in the future!

·
Registered
898 Posts
You can't compare 2017 Scarlett's stock to 2019 Scarlett's. At all.
She doesn't owe them shit either, she worked hard for the buzz she's gotten including OUTSIDE Impact especially considering they barely let her wrestle.

At the end of the day they GRANTED her the release so I don't see why some of you should feel any type of way about it. Hope she gets a better deal and we see a lot more of her in the future!
I don't care that shes gone. Legit good luck to her. But IW managment have always showed if you're really worth more, a team player and they can afford it, they will look after you. The fact that they let her go says a lot to me.

I hope she gets the payday she thinks she is worth. The big promotions will have watched this unfold.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What's curious about this is that Impact bent over backwards to hand Jordan Grace a contract, yet they didn't value Scarlett high enough to do the same.
Wrestling wise, Grace is obviously head and shoulders above Scarlett. But what about in terms of marketability? Bordeaux wins that one easily, and isn't that the most important asset a talent can have?

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
Grace is athletic and a little powerhouse, Bordeaux sells her sexuality. Jordynne Grace is what is marketable now, Scarlett is the novelty act who will end up getting mainstream derision.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts