Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They should rename it to "Hard to Beat"...

As clearly, it's hard to beat the stupidity of a wrestling company where a fucking woman is booked to challenge (and win) the HEAVYWEIGHT championship..lol. And it doesn't matter how testosteronized, tall or ugly that woman is. Whether it's Charlotte, Shayna, Rhea, Tessa... Or even that bald dyke AEW just hired, or that fat chick Jordynne...this is the stupidest decision of all, apart from most of AEW's decisions, such as hiring the likes of Sonny Kiss, Nyla Rose, Darby Allin, or having Darby Allin face Jericho.

Anyhow, impact's stupidity is " hard to beat" unless if AEW book female King Kong to face(and beat) Jericho for the AEW title(lmao!).

Rename this PPV "hard to beat".

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
Pro wrestler is booked in a world title match against pro wrestler. What a joke.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Let's wait and see what happens first. Everybody just assumes she's gonna win because it's so obvious. I'm not a fan of Women vs Men matches but her and Sami work great together and can pull it off.

·
Registered
15,652 Posts
Part of the reason i don't watch Impact anymore is because of incredibly face-palm embarrassing shit like this. I enjoy Tessa and she is a great talent but come on now. Didn't she beat Cage? ffs, that was pathetic and more fake than the goofs fake punching Dustin at AEW. Impact please stop with the stupid Tessa vs (insert man). They've been riding the whole "Woman vs Man" angle for fucking ever now. At first i thought it was kind of cool to do a very short angle or run with her kicking a guys ass for amusement sake, but i did not nor did probably most expect a match. Then they took it upon themselves to jizz over the small buzz and kill off potentially more fans as myself with their version of a circus act of a train-wreck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Like most others on here I am opposed to the idea of Blanchard competing for the world title, not because she's a woman but because I don't believe she can beat the likes of Brian Cage, Madman Fulton, Moose etc. suspension and disbelief and all that shit. A 5 foot 4 inch woman is not gonna stand a chance against these behemoths in real life... someone like Awesome Kong, Havok, even Taya etc I could get behind though. Also Tess is AEW bound with her father already working in the promotion so why build her up to be a star when she'll be lost in 2020?
All that being said I think this is a smart move from Impact. They need more mainstream coverage / appeal (as all wrestling companies do) and this is the way to do it in this 'equality for all' movement which is happening right now. Darts is a popular sport in the UK and we just had a woman beat a man in the world tournament - it has increased interest in the game tenfold. That is to say; people who had no interest in it are talking about it, media who don't normally cover darts are now covering it etc. so i reluctantly support this decision by management.

·
Registered
261 Posts
As clearly, it's hard to beat the stupidity of a wrestling company where a fucking woman is booked to challenge (and win) the HEAVYWEIGHT championship..lol.
It's called WORLD title. There is no heavyweight in it anymore and it's not a men only title.
Like it or not, but Tessa is one of their biggest stars and she challenge for the WORLD (not heavyweight) title in a scripted wrestling match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts