Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Impact rating update of 2020 shows bump from Slammiversary, how it compares to NXT and AEW in viewership and key demos, pandemic impact -
Impact Wrestling on AXS TV on Tuesday this week drew 163,000 viewers [...] The average since March 24 has been 145,000.
[...] It averaged 174,000 in January, February, and March.
[...] In the key 18-49 demo, Impact drew a 0.05 rating for the first time since Feb. 25, tying its high demo rating for the year. NXT, by comparison, drew a 0.17 rating in the demo. AEW drew a 0.32 in that demo
Slammiversary was probably a success with teasing the surprise stars and at least numbers went up again, though some of their bigger names and the empty arenas missing since end of March did hurt Impact.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I thought it was around 300,000 this was a rumour I read.

163,000 isn't awesome but if I was them I'd look at it as being a spot where they can build from. EY, Gallows, Anderson and Slater are all good pick ups and we know they have the money if need be to sign a big star that can really turn things around but it's just the waiting game.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Where is Ozell Gray lol he was convinced Impact was drawing over 300k on a weekly basis on AXS. The guy is delusional, let's see what he has to say about these figures. Maybe now he can accept that the company is an indy fed. Comparing Impact to AEW is laughable.
I was wrong about the 300,000 viewers but they're still getting 150-200,000 viewers according to this information. Now you can accept that AEW is an indie just like you're delusional calling Impact lol. Whats funny is these are numbers on a network only in 50 million homes so these numbers aren't bad for them.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
If you banking on Eric Young and Good Brothers to increase the ratings consistently, good luck with that one. Impact better call Konnan and ask him to set up a meeting with Rey.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you banking on Eric Young and Good Brothers to increase the ratings consistently, good luck with that one. Impact better call Konnan and ask him to set up a meeting with Rey.
This and also you won't get bigger by staying on AXS. Unless Anthem decide to really pump money into AXS and create interesting shows, not the Ringo Starr birthday bash. lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nobody should be surprised by the rating. When you move onto a lesser known network any rating of any show is going to drop. If Impact was on Spike TV instead of AXS at the same time & day the ratings would be significantly higher. I don't even want to imagine their average viewership on the Pursuit hunting channel... 8 or 9K?
I think the biggest take away from this is that they have the highest rating of any program on AXS TV by a considerable distance. So long as that trend continues, they won't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nobody should be surprised by the rating. When you move onto a lesser known network any rating of any show is going to drop. If Impact was on Spike TV instead of AXS at the same time & day the ratings would be significantly higher. I don't even want to imagine their average viewership on the Pursuit hunting channel... 8 or 9K?
I think the biggest take away from this is that they have the highest rating of any program on AXS TV by a considerable distance. So long as that trend continues, they won't have anything to worry about.
Nothing to worry about? How do you expect them to grow and make money? Without increasing their fan base they are generating peanuts. I'm quite certain the owners are losing money with this show.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Nothing to worry about? How do you expect them to grow and make money? Without increasing their fan base they are generating peanuts. I'm quite certain the owners are losing money with this show.
They own the network they are on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They own the network they are on.
Yes I get that. It proves my point that they have no tv rights fees income so how do they make money? The answer is they don't. The little they generate through merch and international tv deals is not enough to turn a profit.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes I get that. It proves my point that they have no tv rights fees income so how do they make money? The answer is they don't. The little they generate through merch and international tv deals is not enough to turn a profit.
They're obviously turning a small profit or at the very least breaking even, operations would cease otherwise. But to your original point there is no real growth happening, and I don't actually believe there's any ambition from Anthem to make that their goal. If they were to do so, then they risk losing a lot of money. The company could and probably will continue the way it is now moving forward for years to come. Impact Wrestling is sustainable for the long term at it's current state basically.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Where is Ozell Gray lol he was convinced Impact was drawing over 300k on a weekly basis on AXS. The guy is delusional, let's see what he has to say about these figures. Maybe now he can accept that the company is an indy fed. Comparing Impact to AEW is laughable.
AEW is fools gold still drawing because of hype. The show'a have been complete ass this year and the roster alone with half their talent being under 16 lbs is enough to label AEW as an Indy fed.

Impact is still trying to get the TNA stink off of it too. There's many people who simply will not watch because it became cool to hate anything TNA years ago. The same thing that's slowly happening to AEW.

·
Registered
397 Posts
AEW is fools gold still drawing because of hype. The show'a have been complete ass this year and the roster alone with half their talent being under 16 lbs is enough to label AEW as an Indy fed.

Impact is still trying to get the TNA stink off of it too. There's many people who simply will not watch because it became cool to hate anything TNA years ago. The same thing that's slowly happening to AEW.
It's not happening to AEW, they are still drawing over 800k on tv with strong demos. You sound like a hater and WWE loyalist.

AEW draws crowds in the thousands whilst Impact draws them in the hundreds in tiny high school type gym venues. Tell me now which of the two is indy? Your comment is bollocks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's not happening to AEW, they are still drawing over 800k on tv with strong demos. You sound like a hater and WWE loyalist.

AEW draws crowds in the thousands whilst Impact draws them in the hundreds in tiny high school type gym venues. Your comment is bollocks.
I've probably watched 15 minutes total of highlights of RAW on youtube all year.

Haven't watched the WWE consistently since 2006. The last thing I am is a WWE loyalist.

I attack both WWE and AEW because they both suck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've probably watched 15 minutes total of highlights of RAW on youtube all year.

Haven't watched the WWE consistently since 2006. The last thing I am is a WWE loyalist.

I attack both WWE and AEW because they both suck.
Lol, you are the type that likes Wrestlehouse stuff and Katue Forbes stuff. So, tell me honestly, what is Impact presenting that is good wrestling? Because i saw the last two shows and both s*cked.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Lol, you are the type that likes Wrestlehouse stuff and Katue Forbes stuff. So, tell me honestly, what is Impact presenting that is good wrestling? Because i saw the last two shows and both s*cked.
At least Wrestle House has some comedy that makes sense and the gimmicks are relatable instead of AEW's inside "jokes" and random bad comedy that misses the mark most of the time imo. Yeah Katie Forbes stuff was trash and so is pretty much everything WWE.

·
Registered
605 Posts
At least Wrestle House has some comedy that makes sense and the gimmicks are relatable instead of AEW's inside "jokes" and random bad comedy that misses the mark most of the time imo. Yeah Katie Forbes stuff was trash and so is pretty much everything WWE.
Yep. I legit laughed at the Wrestle House matches and the Rascalz segment with Suicide. AEW comedy almost never hits the mark and always feel exactly as you said, as an inside joke.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts