Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Last night's episode of TNA Impact drew a 1.07 rating a 1.4 million viewers. That's the lowest rating since Sept. 23 and down from last week's rating of 1.16.

As usual, the story is in the quarter hours, which showed a decline in viewership as the show progressed. The first quarter hour rating of 1.13 was matched twice later in the first hour. The second hour opened with a 1.10, dropped as low as 0.97, rebounded to a 1.00 for the Mickie James vs. Angelina Love match, and then dropped again for the final quarter of the main two hour block which featured the Brother Ray interview and the ring intros very start of Matt Morgan vs. Ric Flair.

- First Hour: 1.13 rating.

- Second Hour: 1.01 rating.

Credit to PWTorch
I wonder how Dixie feels for resigning Team 3d....

·
Registered
188 Posts
LOLZZZZ!!!11111one

horrific..

so annoying..

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The second hour always seems to do worse than the first our, regardless of the quality of the show. Maybe TNA could try to ask Spike to move the show back an hour.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Q1: 1.13 rating - Ric Flair promo and calls out Matt Morgan, Generation Me backstage with Tara

Q2: 1.12 rating - Generation Me, Robbie E, Cookie vs. Machine Guns, Jay Lethal, and Velvet Sky, Generation Me and The Guns backstage, Jeff Jarrett with Gunner, Murphy, and Jeremy Borash

Q3: 1.13 rating - Jarrett backstage segment continues, Kurt Angle and Jarrett video package, Jarrett MMA segment

Q4: 1.13 rating - Samoa Joe out to confront Jarrett and to destroy his students, backstage with EV2, Jeff Hardy vs. Raven

Q5: 1.10 rating - Hardy vs. Raven continuation, Hulk Hogan out, EV2 out to console Raven, Dreamer promo on Rhino with RVD out

Q6: 0.97 rating - Abyss pushes a casket, Morgan backstage, Abyss vs. Shannon Moore in a casket match with Pope inside casket, Angelina Love talks backstage

Q7: 1.00 rating - Mickie James vs. Angelina Love, Brother Ray backstage

Q8: 0.98 rating - Love and Winter backstage, Brother Ray promo, Matt Morgan vs. Ric Flair beginning (concluded during the overrun/Reaction)

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOL not even the good Knockouts match could save the second hour even though it did get a small ratings bump

Show ewnt down hill with the horrible MMA segment and did not get any better until the Knockout's match and then after it went downhill again .

It probably would have been smart to yo know advertise the knockouts match as Mickie vs Angelina should have been a very big deal.

·
8,232 Posts
There was no reason to watch the show whatsoever. They never announce anything a week in advanced, they just announce it online. Ratings wont go up until TNA learns how to MAKE people want to tune in. Easier said than done, but TNA has to plan ahead better. Another thing is, guys like Anderson, RVD, Angle, Hardy need to be featured on the show more than guys like Dream, Rhino, Abyss, Shannon Moore etc... come on now.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
It probably would have been smart to yo know advertise the knockouts match as Mickie vs Angelina should have been a very big deal.
That's what I said last night.

Pretty much the same rating as last week... So no biggie.

Don't forget, big NBA games come on Thursday nights, along with NFL ball now.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
LOL not even the good Knockouts match could save the second hour even though it did get a small ratings bump

Show ewnt down hill with the horrible MMA segment and did not get any better until the Knockout's match and then after it went downhill again .

Are you retarded?

The whole segment got the highest rating of the night. People left after the Raven/Hardy match was over.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Ouch......

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Q1: 1.13 rating - Ric Flair promo and calls out Matt Morgan, Generation Me backstage with Tara

Q2: 1.12 rating - Generation Me, Robbie E, Cookie vs. Machine Guns, Jay Lethal, and Velvet Sky, Generation Me and The Guns backstage, Jeff Jarrett with Gunner, Murphy, and Jeremy Borash

Q3: 1.13 rating - Jarrett backstage segment continues, Kurt Angle and Jarrett video package, Jarrett MMA segment

Q4: 1.13 rating - Samoa Joe out to confront Jarrett and to destroy his students, backstage with EV2, Jeff Hardy vs. Raven

Q5: 1.10 rating - Hardy vs. Raven continuation, Hulk Hogan out, EV2 out to console Raven, Dreamer promo on Rhino with RVD out

Q6: 0.97 rating - Abyss pushes a casket, Morgan backstage, Abyss vs. Shannon Moore in a casket match with Pope inside casket, Angelina Love talks backstage

Q7: 1.00 rating - Mickie James vs. Angelina Love, Brother Ray backstage

Q8: 0.98 rating - Love and Winter backstage, Brother Ray promo, Matt Morgan vs. Ric Flair beginning (concluded during the overrun/Reaction)
Not shocked the viewership dropped after the Jarrett/Joe MMA segment, that dragged on way too long and killed the show's momentum.

I think it's safe to say that Abyss should be relegated to goon status, because he's just not doing the job in-ring and in fan interest. You can't blame Pope for this one.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
The Sheikuation™;9058212 said:
There was no reason to watch the show whatsoever. They never announce anything a week in advanced, they just announce it online. Ratings wont go up until TNA learns how to MAKE people want to tune in. Easier said than done, but TNA has to plan ahead better. Another thing is, guys like Anderson, RVD, Angle, Hardy need to be featured on the show more than guys like Dream, Rhino, Abyss, Shannon Moore etc... come on now.
Its funny how Bischoff always says that the internet fans only make up a very small amount of the audience yet they always seem to rely on the internet as their main means of advertisement.

And thats another thing it seems the undercard is focused on too much. Its probably because TNA signed the WWE guys to a very limited appearance deal so it forces them to limit the impacts and events they feature them on.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts