Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_44196.shtml

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

TNA Impact scored a 1.20 rating last night, up from a 1.01 rating the previous week. We'll have a lot more details in follow-up reports today, as we have the quarter-hour ratings in advance today.

Ratings Highlights

Overall: 1.20 rating

First Hour: 1.23 rating

Second Hour: 1.16 rating

Quarter-hour peak: 1.27 in Q3 for Foley-Flair.

Quarter-hour low: 1.08 in Q8 for steel cage main event.

Good to see it rise by .2!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hm! Not bad, not bad. At least they're staying above the 1.0 range.

The live show should pop a good rating, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Its pretty clear that Foley/Flair is responsible for this bump. I cant recall the last time a segment in the first hour has drawn that high. This is a good sign for next week as their match is basically guaranteed to draw great(for TNA standards). Also the quarter for the cage match is going to be a little bit deceiving with the commercial break. I think you'll have to look at the Reaction number to get a better gauge on how that match did.

·
8,232 Posts
The cage match was the lowest QH! fpalm

Solid rating for a mediocre show. The Flair/Foley stuff was BY FAR the highlight of the night, and that is reflected in the ratings.

It's also good that they advertised the shit out of the live show next week. That should definitely draw well.

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
Does TNA need any more proof that noone is interested in Abyss; even when Kurt Angle is in the match. Abyss is a bomb-- give it up.

·
8,232 Posts
The quality of the show would drastically improve if Abyss was given limited time in the midcard somewhere.

He's main evented one too many fucking dull matches, and this should spell things out to TNA and show them where most people stand on Abyss.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Abyss' time is pretty much done. They completely destroyed his character with that lame "retard gimmick" face run, and the ring didn't help matters any.

Plus, his gimmick is outdated. "Monster" heel gimmicks don't seem to work well anymore.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
lol at people blaming Abyss. Look, i hate him as much as the next guy but there was a long COMMERCIAL BREAK in the final quarter. Everyone knew that match would go passed 11 est. The match was scripted not to get a great final quarter for Impact, but to get people to watch Reaction. Lets see the number Reaction gets. If that bombs, then you can blame Abyss.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good news - first 1.2 since the middle of August. Probably about 1.6 or so million viewers. Flair-Foley got seen by the largest part of those viewers.

Not so good - the second hour being lower than the first, that hasn't happened since 3rd May (when they were on Monday nights). This is the first Thursday Impact to get a smaller second hour since December.

If the steel cage quarter was the lowest one, I'd be surprised if Reaction did all that well since they're unlikely to have gotten much of a bump from it.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
lol at people blaming Abyss. Look, i hate him as much as the next guy but there was a long COMMERCIAL BREAK in the final quarter. Everyone knew that match would go passed 11 est. The match was scripted not to get a great final quarter for Impact, but to get people to watch Reaction.
Speaking of which, I hope TNA doesn't start doing this on a regular basis. They should only let the main event run over to Reaction when they have a really good match. Doing it every week is overkill.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Speaking of which, I hope TNA doesn't start doing this on a regular basis. They should only let the main event run over to Reaction when they have a really good match. Doing it every week is overkill.
Its difficult to not do that though. SPIKE isnt going to give them a huge block without commercials. They cant run a 15 min uninterrupted main event, and then go right into Reaction for another 7-8 minutes uninterrupted. They want the beginning of Reaction to feel "live" like its cant miss tv, if they threw a commercial break in before it began it would kill all the carryover momentum. I think having two shows like this back to back they are probably formatting it the right way.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Its difficult to not do that though. SPIKE isnt going to give them a huge block without commercials. They cant run a 15 min uninterrupted main event, and then go right into Reaction for another 7-8 minutes uninterrupted. They want the beginning of Reaction to feel "live" like its cant miss tv, if they threw a commercial break in before it began it would kill all the carryover momentum. I think having two shows like this back to back they are probably formatting it the right way.
I agree, it's the best setup that they can go with, given their situation. I just feel like they could make some main-event matches seem so much more important if they save the Reaction runover for big matches only.

On a side note, Spike really doesn't seem like they care too much about TNA, even though they're one of the only reasons (besides UFC and Star Wars marathons) that most people watch them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts