·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions here since I just noticed this on Pop

When did this start?

Was it ever officially addressed?

Is this permanent?

Why was it done? I have a theory that it is so they can maybe use it to try and get off Pop

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Been like that for months.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks june then. One question is answered. When was the Rosemary match where she got put into the barbed wire boards? Trying to figure out how much effect this has had. Thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks june then. One question is answered. When was the Rosemary match where she got put into the barbed wire boards? Trying to figure out how much effect this has had. Thanks
The start of this year. Also, it's hardly an issue, best saving hardcore spots for PPVs

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah this is a bad move.
GFW still have certain things in the arsenal against WWE that makes them different.
This was a big one that no matter how uncool TNA/GFW got, it could always say it wasn't PG.
It's not surprising this was kept quiet. It's a sad day.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,815 Posts
Yeah this is a bad move.
GFW still have certain things in the arsenal against WWE that makes them different.
This was a big one that no matter how uncool TNA/GFW got, it could always say it wasn't PG.
It's not surprising this was kept quiet. It's a sad day.
Which literally nothing. I don't see the logic here.

·
Registered
426 Posts
There's a lot of logic to this. I'm surprised to even read that if I'm honest.

1. The facts of what level of violence a show can perform on. Obviously GFW HAD an upper hand to boast about this as PG is vastly unpopular.
2. A cool factor of simply being able to say 'we are different' 'we are more aggressive'

If number 2, was advertised, promoted and utilised under the right light, it would have been a useful tool.

Unfortunately GFW remains the Nickleback of Wrestling and the PG rating only adds to that now.
ROH, and other indie promotions will continue to prevail with louder and larger crowds. The only thing GFW has left is a TV contract. That's it.

Which literally nothing. I don't see the logic here.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,815 Posts
There's a lot of logic to this. I'm surprised to even read that if I'm honest.

1. The facts of what level of violence a show can perform on. Obviously GFW HAD an upper hand to boast about this as PG is vastly unpopular.
2. A cool factor of simply being able to say 'we are different' 'we are more aggressive'

If number 2, was advertised, promoted and utilised under the right light, it would have been a useful tool.

Unfortunately GFW remains the Nickleback of Wrestling and the PG rating only adds to that now.
ROH, and other indie promotions will continue to prevail with louder and larger crowds. The only thing GFW has left is a TV contract. That's it.
PG literally adds nothing to it. The only people who hate the PG rating have no idea what a PG rating actually limits them to. Blood and swearing are still things that are allowed on the program. You can still be different from WWE. A television rating isn't going to change that.

There's literally no logic to this. You're telling me a television rating is what's separating two programs. If this were comedy you would have a legitimate point.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
PG allows some edgy content. The problem with the PG era is WWE dumbing down their product, and their bipolar censorship. TNA has always been more edgy. Even with a PG rating that's not going to be a huge negative to the programming, unless they continue going in that direction.

It's laughable. It's so fucking laughable. Their largest demographic and their average viewers are men in their 50's. Do you know what that means? It means there are so many 60+ year olds out there that it's skewing the numbers and canceling out the 20 somethings and lower. And they want to take the rating down? It's called knowing your audience.

The whole PC brigade is a clusterfuck. It's not about censorship. It's about the next generation coming up and trying to break those that came before them. Even with more adults over 40 than ever before, the snowflake generation is trying to push them out the door. Think of all the media out there that is being targeted towards the 30 and under crowd. Well there's a large chunk of the population that's being overlooked.

PG? Parental Guidance? It sounds like people could have used some more growing up, if this is the result.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
I don't have a problem with pg but I don't understand this targeting younger people and this world being so sensitive to them. Everything is a sensitive subject now. When I grew up we hardly had sensorship with anything. I'm 31 so why are we so productive now. It won't stop a teen or adult being any way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts