Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't watched Impact in over a year. Until tonight I didn't know I had a channel that carried it. I'm not sure what I missed but what I saw was a Junk Yard Dog wannabe, a Jim Cornette wannabe, a Jessie Ventura wannabe... it was like someone threw a 80s Wrestling Costume theme party. Some guy was talking about his Rolex and I half expected him to take off his alligator shoes. I was ready to start saying my prayers and taking my vitamins.

Is all this the current state of Impact? I used to like when Jay Lethal and Eugene did impressions but this?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I haven't watched Impact in over a year. Until tonight I didn't know I had a channel that carried it. I'm not sure what I missed but what I saw was a Junk Yard Dog wannabe, a Jim Cornette wannabe, a Jessie Ventura wannabe... it was like someone threw a 80s Wrestling Costume theme party. Some guy was talking about his Rolex and I half expected him to take off his alligator shoes. I was ready to start saying my prayers and taking my vitamins.

Is all this the current state of Impact? I used to like when Jay Lethal and Eugene did impressions but this?

It’s just a throwaway fun episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
This episode was definitely not a traditional episode, it's a one off joke episode since ratings are typically low thanksgiving week anyway so why not put on something fun, this definitely is not the state of the product these days.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

It's a throwback theme for the night. The wrestlers seemed to enjoy it, let them have fun with it for one night.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Looked like one of those holiday episodes :lmao

·
Registered
261 Posts

It was a thanksgiving-season special episode. Actually, it was pretty clear that this was just a special episode pretending to be in the 80s.

·
Registered
446 Posts

STOP

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Impacts doing better these days , where else would u get a woman v man for the men's title on tv show no where. Don't say lucha underground as I know this . Impacts doing fine there building from the bottom up and Tessa , Brian cage ( my fav ) , Rich Swann , rhino( back to his best ) etc .

Impacts doing fine OP , your click n bait didn't work .

Peace @ All true impact fans .

Well don't freaking watch it . In the USA where your from ur lucky to have loads of rasslin shows , I've got 3 Impact , AEW, wwe. Plus indie shows my mates put on .

Don't try ur luck or the guys on here who are very vicious unlike me will shred u to bits .

Just stop .

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It’s a throwback episode for Thanksgiving. And honestly I like the idea. It’s new, and fresh, and different, and creative instead of the usual stuff done for Thanksgiving shows. The wrestlers seemed to have a lot of fun as well.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I've been to busy watching AEW dark n AEW dynamite but always catch up with impact .

Think cage might be next to go , he's done everything he can there and they have a ready made replacement in Elgin , I watched him on Chris van villets show , Elgin is a cool mofo , he was talking how he was fat as a teenager , was at a local wrestling match and got handed a flier to attend wrestling camp but he was only 14 , but thecway the got round it was to charge $10 bucks for monthly membership as the owner couldn't charge the parents , if know ones seen it it's really good . He also stated the n.j.p.w treat new stars like shiny new toys and use them loads and he didn't like it so he told them he was leaving . The guy is huge watch how he can balance a sip cup on his chest lol.

Peace .

·
Registered
185 Posts
This episode was definitely not a traditional episode, it's a one off joke episode since ratings are typically low thanksgiving week anyway so why not put on something fun, this definitely is not the state of the product these days.
A one off "joke episode"? And what about the people like OP who aren't members here who take this seriously and tune out?

Here's an idea. If Thanksgiving generally has low ratings why not put on a kick ass must see episode on?

It's a throwback theme for the night. The wrestlers seemed to enjoy it, let them have fun with it for one night.
It's a TV show used to bring in money. Letting them have fun with something like this could've been done on an indy show or a special internet release. Why air this garbage?

Impacts doing better these days , where else would u get a woman v man for the men's title on tv show no where. Don't say lucha underground as I know this . Impacts doing fine there building from the bottom up and Tessa , Brian cage ( my fav ) , Rich Swann , rhino( back to his best ) etc .

Impacts doing fine OP , your click n bait didn't work .

Peace @ All true impact fans .
Impact doing better means a woman smaller than the average Impact fan taking on guys and beating them? I'm glad we don't see it anywhere else because it's so lame.

They've got some great talent and some of their angles are really cool but I wouldn't be using Tessa going over on the likes of Callihan to drive that point home.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I saw was a Junk Yard Dog wannabe, a Jim Cornette wannabe, a Jessie Ventura wannabe... it was like someone threw a 80s Wrestling Costume theme party. Some guy was talking about his Rolex and I half expected him to take off his alligator shoes. I was ready to start saying my prayers and taking my vitamins.

Is all this the current state of Impact?
This makes me want to watch Impact for the first time in about 4 years, and only the second time in like 10 years.

Then again, I am of the belief that all wrestling would be better if it were NWA Powerrrized.

·
Premium Member
16,605 Posts
Well don't freaking watch it . In the USA where your from ur lucky to have loads of rasslin shows , I've got 3 Impact , AEW, wwe. Plus indie shows my mates put on .

Don't try ur luck or the guys on here who are very vicious unlike me will shred u to bits .

Just stop .
:lmao No body insulted OP at all. OP didn't even say he hated it, just asked if Impact is more of an imitation show. They said they hadn't watched. It's very reasonable for a first time viewer seeing a joke episode to be confused about the product, then ask what was going on.

How did you interpret anger against OP and the people responding? Don't scare people away who are just asking questions.

I haven't watched Impact in a while, but from what I'm reading I really want to see this episode.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
A one off "joke episode"? And what about the people like OP who aren't members here who take this seriously and tune out?

Here's an idea. If Thanksgiving generally has low ratings why not put on a kick ass must see episode on?

It's a TV show used to bring in money. Letting them have fun with something like this could've been done on an indy show or a special internet release. Why air this garbage?

Impact doing better means a woman smaller than the average Impact fan taking on guys and beating them? I'm glad we don't see it anywhere else because it's so lame.

They've got some great talent and some of their angles are really cool but I wouldn't be using Tessa going over on the likes of Callihan to drive that point home.
So when WWE does throwback or retro episode you don't watch it? So you are saying you stopped watching WWE when Chyna became Intercontinental Champion?

·
Registered
185 Posts
So when WWE does throwback or retro episode you don't watch it? So you are saying you stopped watching WWE when Chyna became Intercontinental Champion?
I don't watch WWE anymore but when they used to do throwback episodes and I watched it was a case of changing the set around and bringing some legends back but not doing an entire throwback to 1995 where John Cena is playing the role of Shawn Michaels for the night and taking on Randy Orton who is dressed as Bret.

In the WWE you typically got some legends turning up, a fun throwback set but the wrestling was still taken seriously and a continuation of WWE stories. On this episode of Impact from a kayfabe perspective all the guys in the back said "Lets put our differences aside and be silly for the week". It's stupid.

As for Chyna. There is a massive difference between a woman who was jacked and close to 6'0, 220 pounds and Tessa Blanchard who is 5'5 120 pounds and not jacked.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I don't watch WWE anymore but when they used to do throwback episodes and I watched it was a case of changing the set around and bringing some legends back but not doing an entire throwback to 1995 where John Cena is playing the role of Shawn Michaels for the night and taking on Randy Orton who is dressed as Bret.

In the WWE you typically got some legends turning up, a fun throwback set but the wrestling was still taken seriously and a continuation of WWE stories. On this episode of Impact from a kayfabe perspective all the guys in the back said "Lets put our differences aside and be silly for the week". It's stupid.

As for Chyna. There is a massive difference between a woman who was jacked and close to 6'0, 220 pounds and Tessa Blanchard who is 5'5 120 pounds and not jacked.
So you don't watch WWE, you hate Impact, you hate both their directions so why are you on here with your theories?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I thought it was a fun little episode, bloody amusing seeing all the wrestlers doing 80's gimmicks :lol Was obvious the wrestlers where having a blast with it, especially Tessa as the leader of the rough riders and the Rascals guys.

Would love to see Jim Cornette reaction to Sami's parody of him :cornette

·
Registered
185 Posts
So you don't watch WWE, you hate Impact, you hate both their directions so why are you on here with your theories?
I don't hate Impact I've been following them for almost 15 years now (Since October 2005). I just don't like some of the dumb stuff they're doing but I'm still subscribed to them on social media which is how I found this episode. I was pretty annoyed by it so I thought I'd comment, is that not allowed?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I don't hate Impact I've been following them for almost 15 years now (Since October 2005). I just don't like some of the dumb stuff they're doing but I'm still subscribed to them on social media which is how I found this episode. I was pretty annoyed by it so I thought I'd comment, is that not allowed?
Impact is slowly improving, a little throwback/retro episode isn't going to kill anyone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts