Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not gonna lie it would be funny for TNA to live this long and out of WWEs mind since AEW only to come back and somehow get above them both ...im all for competition it only makes shows better if they have to worry about losing talent and fans to others

also some of these fans need to get it out of their heads just because someone isn't WWE they are somehow indie promotions ..neither TNA or AEW is

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
lmao dude you watched one show. Chill.

Most of the time Impact's product is solid but a lot of their stuff are stupid af. The Su Yung & Rosemary cinematic promos were embarrassing and the booking is slow. Oh and Josh Matthews is the worst.
Hopefully things will improve now. Their roster is stronger & future looks bright.
Hahaha touche, as impact still doesnt have the burden of being pressured to perform and compete with another wrestling show..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I mean the TV deal isn't what makes them not an indie, the fact they're owned by a multi-national broadcasting company is what does that, and you're forgetting that hypothetical required also having AEW money as well, not just being ON TNT. I'm a big Impact fan, I think they might be one of the most consistently positive wrestling companies but it's foolish to think they'd automatically be bigger than AEW just for having a spot on TNT without having Tony Khan's expendable amount of money. (Re: Expendable, if anyone tries to speculate about the net worth of a privately held company with a ton of other assets to focus on outside of one company they own, that doesn't mean that they can funnel all their assets into Impact)
Except its not an indie and being owned by a broadcasting company ISN'T what an indie is. An indie is a small company thats NOT on tv, and you're also forgetting the money Impact has. First of all Tony Khan doesn't have any money, hence why hes using Shahid's money and second of all they're doing 300,000 viewers on AXS tv tight now so its completely reasonble to say they'd outdraw AEW if they were on TNT. Having your owner giving you money to spend doesn't mean you're going to get more viewers. Who said Anthem was going to put all of their money into Impact? Because it certainly wasn't me and this is the first time I've seen Impact in a long time and I think its better than AEW.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Except its not an indie and being owned by a broadcasting company ISN'T what an indie is. An indie is a small company thats NOT on tv, and you're also forgetting the money Impact has. First of all Tony Khan doesn't have any money, hence why hes using Shahid's money and second of all they're doing 300,000 viewers on AXS tv tight now so its completely reasonble to say they'd outdraw AEW if they were on TNT. Having your owner giving you money to spend doesn't mean you're going to get more viewers. Who said Anthem was going to put all of their money into Impact? Because it certainly wasn't me and this is the first time I've seen Impact in a long time and I think its better than AEW.
Eddie Edwards and Eric Young would never outdraw Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley and that is why claiming that Impact would outdraw AEW on TNT is a bullshit claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Eddie Edwards and Eric Young would never outdraw Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley and that is why claiming that Impact would outdraw AEW on TNT is a bullshit claim.

Having bigger names doesn't mean anything if the product is bad. Impact would definitely outdraw AEW on TNT but keep crying about it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Having bigger names doesn't mean anything if the product is bad. Impact would definitely outdraw AEW on TNT but keep crying about it.
I’m not crying about it haha. I’ve actually turned into a fan of Impact and think they’re on the right track to becoming a big player, at least taking that 3rd spot in the US. But I still stand by my statement. Having bigger names directly influences how much of an audience the product draws. Maybe if Impact could get some bigger names they might would have a chance but as of now Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Matt Hardy, Jim Ross, Kenny Omega, etc. are more well known than Eddie Edwards, Eric Young, Ace, Austin, the Good Brothers, EC3, etc. and unless Impact get a bigger name, a household name, a former world champion from the big 3, they won’t outdraw names that wrestling fans have known for years.

But you can keep on with your bullshit opinion and crying when someone points out why you’re wrong.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Aews product is not bad you just dont like it. You are getting subjectivity and objectivity confused ozzy
They're not using the young the correct way except for MJF whom they have been building up. They've built him up nicely.

I’m not crying about it haha. I’ve actually turned into a fan of Impact and think they’re on the right track to becoming a big player, at least taking that 3rd spot in the US. But I still stand by my statement. Having bigger names directly influences how much of an audience the product draws. Maybe if Impact could get some bigger names they might would have a chance but as of now Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Matt Hardy, Jim Ross, Kenny Omega, etc. are more well known than Eddie Edwards, Eric Young, Ace, Austin, the Good Brothers, EC3, etc. and unless Impact get a bigger name, a household name, a former world champion from the big 3, they won’t outdraw names that wrestling fans have known for years.

But you can keep on with your bullshit opinion and crying when someone points out why you’re wrong.
They're already number 3 in the U.S. You can have as many big name as posdible that doesn't mean people are going to watch hence why its getting 777,000 viewers on average. Only 3 of those names you named are big names. Cody Rhodesand Kenny Omega aren't big names. Whats funny is Impact are already drawing 300,000 viewers which is less than half of what AEW are doing but you keep crying about me pointing out facts.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
They're not using the young the correct way except for MJF whom they have been building up. They've built him up nicely.

They're already number 3 in the U.S. You can have as many big name as posdible that doesn't mean people are going to watch hence why its getting 777,000 viewers on average. Only 3 of those names you named are big names. Cody Rhodesand Kenny Omega aren't big names. Whats funny is Impact are already drawing 300,000 viewers which is less than half of what AEW are doing but you keep crying about me pointing out facts.

The reason Impact is drawing 300,000 is because of hardcores, not casuals. If they were on a more widely broadcast channel who else is going to tune in? When they were on spike they had their Stings, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Christian, Scott Steiner, and AJ Styles. They had the roster to compete with WWE to an extent. Now they don’t have the roster to compete with anyone but RoH, NWA, MLW. Now before you go off and think anyone is crying, I’m a fan of Impact. I like Impact. I see a lot of potential in Impact. I liked Slammiversary better than anything that WWE has done this year with exception to Edge’s return. But with that being said, you’re delusional if you think that Impact would outdraw AEW if they had more exposure. You claim Cody and Omega aren’t big names and I’ll admit that they aren’t to a casual viewer but they’re both bigger names than anyone on Impacts roster.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Sometimes, good booking can make up for whatever lack of talent there is. You can have all the talent in the world, if they are involved in stupidity or nonsesne like Jericho was with Cassidy, it don't maatter

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm happy for Impact, I use to watch them every week and pre 2010 they were my favorite company. Ive been watching Impact for the last month and its quite good. Also you can tell they're trying to bring in more viewers with all the recent signings.

It is a bit crazy saying they would out draw AEW if they were on TNT. It would take a while to do that if ever. The last Impact had under 200,000 viewers where AEW had over 800,000. I know they would have more exposure on TNT but I highly doubt they could make that big of a jump, at least for a considerable amount of time.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm happy for Impact, I use to watch them every week and pre 2010 they were my favorite company. Ive been watching Impact for the last month and its quite good. Also you can tell they're trying to bring in more viewers with all the recent signings.

It is a bit crazy saying they would out draw AEW if they were on TNT. It would take a while to do that if ever. The last Impact had under 200,000 viewers where AEW had over 800,000. I know they would have more exposure on TNT but I highly doubt they could make that big of a jump, at least for a considerable amount of time.
On Destination America sometime they would do like 400-500 thousand viewers. Which in restrospect was more than decent. Which means that on a channel with more reach like Spike, say in the last year, even if it was a down year for them, Impact probably were doing about what AEW is doing now. But it would be harder to repeat because wrestling is very down now and look AEW is going balls out with a top roster and all they can do on TNT is 800 thousand viewers. Impact at present time just do not have the roster to compete with AEW. If they went on a bigger channel, that would generate more revenues, they probably could get more stars and I think what they could do is perhaps tap into the TNA nostalgia and lure former TNA stars of the past like Roode and Storm and Joe(AJ would be Heaven but that would be a long shot). Getting Gallows and Young and EC3 back was a pretty smart move.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The reason Impact is drawing 300,000 is because of hardcores, not casuals. If they were on a more widely broadcast channel who else is going to tune in? When they were on spike they had their Stings, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Christian, Scott Steiner, and AJ Styles. They had the roster to compete with WWE to an extent. Now they don’t have the roster to compete with anyone but RoH, NWA, MLW. Now before you go off and think anyone is crying, I’m a fan of Impact. I like Impact. I see a lot of potential in Impact. I liked Slammiversary better than anything that WWE has done this year with exception to Edge’s return. But with that being said, you’re delusional if you think that Impact would outdraw AEW if they had more exposure. You claim Cody and Omega aren’t big names and I’ll admit that they aren’t to a casual viewer but they’re both bigger names than anyone on Impacts roster.

You can have all the big names in the world but if the booking is illogical and the storylines are terrible then those big names won't draw anyone to the shows. Except AEW and Impact are BOTH only watched by hardcore wrestling fans. Theres 0 casuals watching either company. They were getting 400,000 viewers on Destination America so in reality if they were on TNT they'd definitely would draw over 1 million viewers easily.

AEW are an Indie show with billionaire backing where the inmates run the asylum.

It won't be long until Jericho is dissing Impact on TV.
And in 2 years Jericho, Moxley, and J.R will jump ship back to WWE when their contracts expire. You're right its funny he called Impact an indie when AEW are barely above them which would mean AEW are an overbudgeted indie according to his logic.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts