Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impact Slammiversary is said to have done well in terms of buys, according to a new report. According to PWInsider, all early signs are that the show is the strongest PPV for the company “in a long time” in terms of online buyrate.

The company is set to tape for their next several weeks of Impact Wrestling today and tomorrow in Nashville, Tennessee.
– Wale posted to Twitter to comment on Impact’s popularity over the weekend, as you can see below:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yep, AEW Vs WWE war rages on but Impact has just laid some cards on the table and is ready to come get them some as well.

They're the best out of the three it's just now time for them to bring back the formerly burned fans and show how good of a product they have going on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, AEW Vs WWE war rages on but Impact has just laid some cards on the table and is ready to come get them some as well.

They're the best out of the three it's just now time for them to bring back the formerly burned fans and show how good of a product they have going on.
Yeah I just checked out Impact earlier today and it was better than anything I've seen in AEW. I gaurantee you if Impact were on TNT they'd outdraw AEW. They'd easily get 1 million viewers on there with this product.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yeah I just checked out Impact earlier today and it was better than anything I've seen in AEW. I gaurantee you if Impact were on TNT they'd outdraw AEW. They'd easily get 1 million viewers on there with this product.
Imagine the brains of Impact with the money and TV deal of AEW.

1 million plus wouldn't be far off.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm so fucking happy for these guys. It's about time their hard work has payed off a little.

I wasn't a big fan of the company overall this year compared to last, but the ppv was awesome and they have so many new fresh faces now it's an exciting time.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Imagine the brains of Impact with the money and TV deal of AEW.

1 million plus wouldn't be far off.
lmao dude you watched one show. Chill.

Most of the time Impact's product is solid but a lot of their stuff are stupid af. The Su Yung & Rosemary cinematic promos were embarrassing and the booking is slow. Oh and Josh Matthews is the worst.
Hopefully things will improve now. Their roster is stronger & future looks bright.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
You think they would outdraw Dynamite and NXT? You realize AEW has been in the top 10 the past few weeks and before AEW they were rarely in the top 50 on Wed. nights. I imagine they would be lucky to hit NXT's demo this past week (0.14) and more than 300k viewers.

·
Mr Big Shot
133 Posts
I'm pulling for Impact. But the company did do a major no-no by giving the main title to a woman. That was ridiculous let's hope they never make that mistake again. And we can take impact seriously again. I do not live in America so I do not know what kind of ratings they get on AXS TV. But they are on 5star or 5 USA here. Which is easily available in more homes than BT sport which is what WWE is shown on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think they would outdraw Dynamite and NXT? You realize AEW has been in the top 10 the past few weeks and before AEW they were rarely in the top 50 on Wed. nights. I imagine they would be lucky to hit NXT's demo this past week (0.14) and more than 300k viewers.
First of all NXT wasn't never mentioned but I like how you mentioned it to deflect from my point. Impact would easily outdraw Dynamite in the rating and in viewership. They'd easily get atleast a 0.4 rating with 1 million viewers. They're getting 300,000 viewers right now on AXS which is a small network so comment is nonsensical.

·
Registered
178 Posts
First of all NXT wasn't never mentioned but I like how you mentioned it to deflect from my point. Impact would easily outdraw Dynamite in the rating and in viewership. They'd easily get atleast a 0.4 rating with 1 million viewers. They're getting 300,000 viewers right now on AXS which is a small network so comment is nonsensical.
You are delusional.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Delusionals, visionaries, dreamers, sinners

·
Registered
397 Posts
Are you for real? An indy type of promotion could out draw AEW? I never use this term but LOLTNA comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you for real? An indy type of promotion could out draw AEW? I never use this term but LOLTNA comes to mind.
First of all its not an indie its on tv so its not an indie. Second of all Impact would definitely outdraw AEW on TNT easily and LOLAEW comes to my mind.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
First of all its not an indie its on tv so its not an indie. Second of all Impact would definitely outdraw AEW on TNT easily and LOLAEW comes to my mind.
I mean the TV deal isn't what makes them not an indie, the fact they're owned by a multi-national broadcasting company is what does that, and you're forgetting that hypothetical required also having AEW money as well, not just being ON TNT. I'm a big Impact fan, I think they might be one of the most consistently positive wrestling companies but it's foolish to think they'd automatically be bigger than AEW just for having a spot on TNT without having Tony Khan's expendable amount of money. (Re: Expendable, if anyone tries to speculate about the net worth of a privately held company with a ton of other assets to focus on outside of one company they own, that doesn't mean that they can funnel all their assets into Impact)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts