Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
That aint a good idea if you ask me. The 8:00-9:00 spot always seems to clash for me..

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Good idea, opens the company up to more audience so should make a small difference to the ratings I'd imagine.

Now what they have to do is advertise the shit out of the product and the fact it's moving timeslot. Advertising is something that lets TNA down regularly and if I was in charge of the product would be one of the first things I would try and improve.
The weekly product is the best it has been in a long time, the roster is very very solid, with more advertising I think we would see ratings increase steadily going forward

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This worries me. Could PG be coming? (I have no idea of the US rating system, but for us 9pm is where the more "adult" stuff comes on.)

And I believe what 9QA is saying is that, if they want to include a 3-hour special, they can add the extra 10-11 hour at the end. It can be useful in that respect.
I think it has to do with them getting a jump start at 8pm because in September the NFL will have games on Thursday at 9 every week.

Now people will ask why do it so early? Well it doesn't really matter when they do it. In the press release from TNA and Spike they say the main reason is do to sports in the 9pm time slot.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
this just reeks of desperation to me due to the falling ratings...instead of dixie looking internally at the structure ,managment,and creative part in tna she just looks for band-aids to fix the real problems in tna...such as bringing back the old cripples to spike up the ratings, blaming ratings on technical difficulties, and moving impact to a different time slot.

if dixie had a brain she would realize the problem is internal and stop trying to fix a wound with temporary band-aids like this .

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
They are probably doing that to combat the slouching ratings, but I have to say, that clashes with my Big Bang Theory and Futurama, so that's going to be a problem for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What shows is the first hour up against now?
All of the network shows' seasons will be over by then, so that won't be an issue.. I've listed the season finale dates also.

8:00 hour: American Idol (5/23), The Big Bang Theory (5/10), Community (5/24), Missing (5/17), 30 Rock (5/17), Rules of Engagement (5/17), The Vampire Diaries (5/10).
9:00 hour: Grey's Anatomy (5/17), The Office (5/10), Parks and Recreation (5/10), Person of Interest (5/17), The Secret Circle (5/17).
10:00 hour: Awake (5/17), Scandal (5/17), The Mentalist (5/17).

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
this just reeks of desperation to me due to the falling ratings...instead of dixie looking internally at the structure ,managment,and creative part in tna she just looks for band-aids to fix the real problems in tna...such as bringing back the old cripples to spike up the ratings, blaming ratings on technical difficulties, and moving impact to a different time slot.

if dixie had a brain she would realize the problem is internal and stop trying to fix a wound with temporary band-aids like this .
This is so dumb. You do realize that her and Spike had a meeting right? How is this desperation due to the ratings when they ( Spike, Dixie, and Eric ) obviously came out of the meeting with several things in mind.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This is so dumb. You do realize that her and Spike had a meeting right? How is this desperation due to the ratings when they ( Spike, Dixie, and Eric ) obviously came out of the meeting with several things in mind.
huh ? did you put any thought into that post at all ? ...why do u think they had a meeting in the 1st place ? the whole meeting was about trying to spike(no pun intended) up the ratings . first with the open fight night idea, and now moving impact to 8 ...all trying to spike up the ratings without dealing with the real internal problems.

you think its just a coincidence their moving impact now ? theyve been at 9 o'clock for 7 years and all of a sudden now with the ratings as poor as theyve ever been they change time slots to 8 ? wow what a coincidence...this is obviously due to falling ratings as even the press release says so...

speaking of which ....less sports competition at 8 ? huh ? nba games start at either 7 or 8 on thursday night . nfl games start at 815 ...so wtf are they talking about ? again blaming it on " less sports competition" is bullshit. tna is desperate and are doing anything and everything to solve their ratings problems and this is just an example of it . but like i said , these are all grasping at straws since dixie fails to deal with the REAL problems going on in tna

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

:lmao:lmao

This is a PRIME example of the type of idiocy you can get from the IWC, acting as though you know the inner workings and reasonings behind decisions that are made when you have absolutely no clue!

You have zero idea what you're talking about and zero evidence to back any of it up.

such as bringing back the old cripples to spike up the ratings, blaming ratings on technical difficulties, and moving impact to a different time slot.
None of these things have happened.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The press release doesn't make much sense because they're going up against sporting events now more than ever as east coast games start a 7 and end at around 10.Getting away from jersey shore is a good move though. They will be going against prime time shows starting in September as well as more football games than ever so I'm not sure how much if at all the ratings improve.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
huh ? did you put any thought into that post at all ? ...why do u think they had a meeting in the 1st place ? the whole meeting was about trying to spike(no pun intended) up the ratings . first with the open fight night idea, and now moving impact to 8 ...all trying to spike up the ratings without dealing with the real internal problems.

you think its just a coincidence their moving impact now ? theyve been at 9 o'clock for 7 years and all of a sudden now with the ratings as poor as theyve ever been they change time slots to 8 ? wow what a coincidence...this is obviously due to falling ratings as even the press release says so...

speaking of which ....less sports competition at 8 ? huh ? nba games start at either 7 or 8 on thursday night . nfl games start at 815 ...so wtf are they talking about ? again blaming it on " less sports competition" is bullshit. tna is desperate and are doing anything and everything to solve their ratings problems and this is just an example of it . but like i said , these are all grasping at straws since dixie fails to deal with the REAL problems going on in tna
:lmao:lmao

You dont work for Spike. You dont work for TNA.

Stop acting as though you know better, you know nothing more than anybody else.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts