Wrestling Forum banner

Impact Discussion Thread 2/17

25476 Views 435 Replies 76 Participants Last post by  Andy362
It's the aftermath of Against All Odds this Thursday on iMPACT, featuring a huge match six months in the making! Watch the Before The Bell special below!

- This past Sunday at Against All Odds, Jeff Hardy regained the World Title from Mr. Anderson! Now, just days after the PPV, Hardy will defend the championship on Thursday's iMPACT against Rob Van Dam! Will Van Dam get his revenge AND regain the World Title? Six months in the making, Jeff Hardy has run from RVD at every opportunity and Immortal has thrown obstacle after obstacle in RVD's path. This Thursday, RVD gets his chance as he faces Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship! Don't miss this huge main event bout!

- After losing to Jeff Jarrett at Against All Odds, how will Kurt Angle react to what happened? Not only does he not get his kids back, but now he is forced to walk his ex-wife Karen down the aisle when she renews her wedding vows with Jeff Jarrett on March 3!

- "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair makes his return to iMPACT - the question is, how will he react to Fortune and their war with Immortal? Was Flair aware of AJ's decision? Tune in and find out!

- iMPACT will also feature the in-ring return of Hernandez, who not only cost Matt Morgan his shot at the World Title, but also brutalized "The Blueprint" at Sunday's PPV!
Do not post or hint at any spoilers.​
Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 436 of 436 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts

· Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,679 Posts
Angle busting through the door in a chefs jacket, was the highlight of the evening.

· Registered
38,713 Posts
Angle busting through the door in a chefs jacket, was the highlight of the evening.
What, no tip?

Liked the show. Traci is as bouncy as ever. No Mickie makes me sad. Flair was no suprise. The Knockout match was good. Anderson = Badass

· Registered
2,260 Posts
i think its clear that when they actually tell people the big matches for the following show in advance, the ratings are always better. they couldnt really do that for this show because it would give away the PPV Main Event, so they should have delayed RVD/Hardy.

· Banned
8,864 Posts
Q1-1.17(Opening Segment with Immortal/Flair, footage of the Jarretts)

Q2-1.09(AJ/Hardy brawl,Hernandez vs Williams, Bischoff backstage segment, beginning of the Pope's promo)

Q3-1.21(Pope's promo continues, Joe/Okato appear, Robbie E promo, Kazarian promo, Kazarian vs Robbie E)

Q4-1.13(Flair gets iced, AJ vs Hardy, Anderson backstage, first part of another footage of the Jarretts)

Q5-1.14(2nd part of the Footage of the Jarretts 2.0, Anderson/Bischoff promo exchange,BP/Winter backstage)

Q6-1.15(AJ backstage segment, BP vs Rosita/Sarita, another footage of the Jarretts, Angle backstage,Madison/Tara backstage,Steiner backstage)

Q7-1.05(Recap of the Hardy/RVD feud, And another footage on the Jarretts with Angle appearing in it, RVD backstage,Bully Ray confronts the announcers)

Q8-1.10(Hardy vs RVD)

Q7 was just filler, no wonder it bombed

· Registered
220 Posts
TNA can't hold there numbers because the show (2 me) is boring and stale , I missed 80% of last night's show b/c I didn't feel like watching. TNA needs to change the production,energy and flow in the show to make it fresh and appealing.

· Registered
3,612 Posts
I was really surprised how well Anderson responded to the harsh transitional/keeping it warm for Hardy reign he was given, I think it's time to throw all the eggs in his basket and have a proper Anderson v Authority storyline. By that I mean expand on what Bischoff said tonight and have Spike TV try and get rid of him via censorship and then finally by taking him off the air completely, the fans will eat it up and he'll get over BIGTIME if written well, it's how Stone Cold became one of the greatest ever - no reason why it can't be tried again to see how big they can make Anderson. (in TNA terms)

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Damn shame

· Registered
220 Posts

PREVIEW: THURSDAY'S iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE - DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS FOR THE SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

THIS THURSDAY, DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS OF IMPACT FOR THE MOST SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR - GUARANTEED!!!

Plus, the road continues to the March 13 TNA Wrestling "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View event, also available on TNAOnDemand.com

The Wrestling World Will Be Buzzing The Next Day! Don't Miss It!

MAIN EVENT: MR. ANDERSON VS ROB VAN DAM VS. KURT ANGLE

SCOTT STEINER VS ROB TERRY IN A POSEDOWN

AJ STYLES VS RIC FLAIR

MADISON RAYNE HAS AN OPEN CHALLENGE

AND THE SHOCKING SURPRISE IN THE FINAL MOMENTS!

· Registered
638 Posts
^What's the point in telling everyone the surprise will be in the last few minutes? Alright it's a given that the later part of the show is when things get revealed. However surely their will be people thinking "oh ill just tune in the last five minutes, screw the rest".

This week's Challenge fuck-up: The announcer's audio is too quiet while everything else is loud.
Maybe it was just me but the show looked to be in widescreen that was too wide for my screen.

· Registered
1,769 Posts
The show was okay overall. It was greatly improved by the second half after a very bad first half which was typically Russo, with a Knockouts brawl on the outside taking the focus off a match going on inside the ring, a weird, nonsensical Pope/Joe segment and a crappy two minute X-Division match which paid more attention to valets than the title itself.

The second half was good though. The Winter/BP angle is one of the best things about the company at the moment, Winter picking up scissors to attack Velvet just before Angelina came in was great, reminded me of something from a Hitchcock film. She's got the potential to be great character. AJ/Hardy was decent although a little short but I'm glad Flair turned on AJ as Fortune need to stay a young group, while the main event was good despite it being a little strange for them to give away something they've built for so long just like that.

The Anderson stuff, such as the segment with Bischoff was good too and I'm glad they referenced the fact that the former Champions should get his shot before anyone else. If this Anderson versus The Network thing is gonna be a long running angle, I'm looking forward to it. They're trying to make Anderson an anti-hero like Austin and he's got all the tools to do so I'm all for it. He needs to stand out rather than be a ripoff though.

421 - 436 of 436 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.