Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 12/9 edition of Impact did a 1.1 rating with 1,508,000 viewers.

The 12/9 Reaction did a 0.58 rating with 775,000 viewers.

Same old mediocre stuff ratings wise.

·
Banned
315 Posts
iMPACT!'s ratings have remained constant while RAW's have dropped and SmackDown's have plummeted. In other words, they've remained constant in an otherwise falling market. That's impressive.

Well done, Easy E.!

·
Registered
31 Posts
iMPACT!'s ratings have remained constant while RAW's have dropped and SmackDown's have plummeted. In other words, they've remained constant in an otherwise falling market. That's impressive.

Well done, Easy E.!
I agree. It's going to take awhile for TNA's ratings to raise. They're still a very, very young company compared to WWE. I'm tired of people comparing TNA to WWE all the time. Hell if you want to compare TNA to WWE compare TNA to ROH as well. They both began around the same time. ROH has never been on national television and look where TNA is... Point is comparing WWE to TNA as far as TV ratings is like comparing apples to oranges. Satisfactory ratings this week. Way to stay consistent.

·
Registered
340 Posts
dont congratulate Bischoff, we dont watch for the crap he shoves down our throats. its talent like AJ that keep most of us watching DESPITE the atrocious booking and story lines

i agree though it is crazy to compare TNA to WWE ratings wise

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
dont congratulate Bischoff, we dont watch for the crap he shoves down our throats. its talent like AJ that keep most of us watching DESPITE the atrocious booking and story lines

i agree though it is crazy to compare TNA to WWE ratings wise
Lawls

People want to see guys like the Miz because he is entertaining, unlike AJ who is seeing as an overpushed vanilla midget.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lawls

People want to see guys like the Miz because he is entertaining, unlike AJ who is seeing as an overpushed vanilla midget.
i honestly cant tell if you are being serious?

and even if you are (which would be mental) my point is most people dont tune in to TNA for the crappy storylines, they tune in to see the wrestlers show their talent in the ring which they can do no matter how crap Bischoff and Russo's booking and writing is.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I still don't get why knuckle heads around here look at ratings and want to compare TNA'a 1.1', 1.2's, and 1.3's to the yesteryear of wrestling and mark it a failure. For the wrestling promotion TNA puts out, and since wrestling is nowhere near the popularity it once held and with WWE (flagship of wrestling) only in the low 3's, TNA's numbers are solid around the board. Nothing will spike it up into the 2's unless something HUGE happens to wrestling overall. Be happy there's an alternative to the crap that is WWE.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I still don't get why knuckle heads around here look at ratings and want to compare TNA'a 1.1', 1.2's, and 1.3's to the yesteryear of wrestling and mark it a failure. For the wrestling promotion TNA puts out, and since wrestling is nowhere near the popularity it once held and with WWE (flagship of wrestling) only in the low 3's, TNA's numbers are solid around the board. Nothing will spike it up into the 2's unless something HUGE happens to wrestling overall. Be happy there's an alternative to the crap that is WWE.
I don't agree with"the crap WWE is",But I sure agree with everything else 100%!.

·
8,232 Posts
1.5 million viewers is about average. Wondering what the QH's did, I'll put money on Mickie/Tara doing the highest.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
At least it went up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Lawls

Why would anyone want to see a guy like Miz who can't wrestle, can't make good promos, has terrible looks and very generic gimmick. I think you have to be an idiot to be entertained by a talentless piece of shit like the Miz and his terrible matches or his promos: really, really, I'm awsome, really, really , your football team sucks, really, I'm awsome, really, really, I'm awsome - the end - oh, another 'good short' 30 minute promo by The Miz!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
In regards to ratings, it's not exactly as simple as that. TNA gets a 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 and Raw gets a 3.5, but Monday is a much larger television night so the Raw rating of "only" 3.5 turns out to be more than three times the viewers TNA gets.

I completely agree with the alternative though, and we're lucky to have it considering how wrestling's popularity has been damaged almost beyond repair by MMA.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
/me laughs at the notion of TNA being the alternative.

TNA hasn't been the alternative to the WWE for over 3 years. TNA is WWE-lite... No, it's worse, it's WCW 2000-lite. But to call TNA "the alternative" requires some serious blinders being worn.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

Well done, Easy E.!
:lmao TNA has 1.5 million viewers. RAW has nearly 5 million and Smackdown has about 2.5 million. TNA Has a long, long, long, way to go.

Like I keep saying, the numbers don't mean shit. You put RAW on a Saturday Night with 5 million viewers, it could get a 2.0

The viewership is what counts and TNA is far from that of RAW. They only got 1 million less than SD so props to them for that. Bu that major competition is RAW, and they're far away.

·
Registered
621 Posts
:lmao TNA has 1.5 million viewers. RAW has nearly 5 million and Smackdown has about 2.5 million. TNA Has a long, long, long, way to go.

Like I keep saying, the numbers don't mean shit. You put RAW on a Saturday Night with 5 million viewers, it could get a 2.0

The viewership is what counts and TNA is far from that of RAW. They only got 1 million less than SD so props to them for that. Bu that major competition is RAW, and they're far away.
Smackdown numbers continue to drop every year. I gues soon they will be around 2 mln. viewers and Impact will compete with them. RAW on the other hand seems to be more steady than Smackdown, but they also continue to drop ratings and viewers every year. Five year ago 5.5 million viewers was seen quite often and RAW was doing over 5 mln. viewrs easy, now they hit 5 mln. viewers and the fans get extatic, usually they hit 4.5 mln. which is probably almost 1 mln. viewers less than their avarage viewership 5 year ago.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.