Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Face it. There's too much damn people in the group. Now some of you will say, "oh it gives all the undercard guys something to do" when in reality it doesn't. When you got too much people in a stable firstly it's hard for viewers to remember everyone. They become lost and confused when they see something like a run in. Then they snap their fingers and go, "oh right he's part of Immortal". It doesn't provide the younger guys with something to do, as many of the undercard guys just sit around doing nothing. The most they do is help in a beatdown and that's it. Kaz is the perfect of example of someone who's just lurking around in the background.

This causes the undercard guys not to move up the card cause instead they're playing the leader's lacky. Instead if those same undercard guys were not in the group, they'd have the opportunity to feud with other people and move up the ladder. But being part of a 200 man group does nothing but stifle them. Just look at The Corporate Ministry.

Lastly, the biggest problem I think Immortal has is the question of, Who is the leader? The way it has been presented it seems as if Hardy, Bischoff and Hogan all share leadership roles. Then sometimes you have to question of Abyss and Jarrett are also leaders.

You can't have too much people in a stable. No one is going to get over. And history has shown that.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,002 Posts
Don't quite see where you're coming from here. There's just five guys in Immortal (Hardy, Abyss, Jarret, Hogan and Bischoff). Fortune, another stable, are siding/working in conjuction with Immortal, but are not actually part of that stable, and also do their own thing. The only guy out of either stable who could possibly be considered under-card if he were not part of the group is kazarian, and i guarantee you he's getting much more exposure now than if he were just a singles competitor.

Also, i don't think you could in any way class either Jarret or Abyss as having a leadership role in Immortal.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
The Corporate Ministry was a success.
nWo was a success.
Immortal is made up of five people.

Reactions: NoWordsNoPain

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,599 Posts
I don't have a problem with the numbers, as it cements their dominance. But still, when you take all the active wrestlers in Immortal and Fortune(Jeff Hardy, Abyss, Jeff Jarett, Aj Styles, Beer Money and Kaz) it actually evens out as Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are not really that active but more in a mangerial role. Then you have their opposition Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan, The Pope, Douglas Williams, Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer Motor City Machineguns(depending on how their fued turns out with Beer Money) then it actually evens things out. Plus you also got Kurt Angle as well.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Yeah I agree that they come off as one big stable... I don't like it that way.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
If Immortal was just hogan, jeff, hardy, abyss and EB then it wouldnt be a problem but they included Fortune which is too much at this point.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't quite see where you're coming from here. There's just five guys in Immortal (Hardy, Abyss, Jarret, Hogan and Bischoff). Fortune, another stable, are siding/working in conjuction with Immortal, but are not actually part of that stable, and also do their own thing. The only guy out of either stable who could possibly be considered under-card if he were not part of the group is kazarian, and i guarantee you he's getting much more exposure now than if he were just a singles competitor.

Also, i don't think you could in any way class either Jarret or Abyss as having a leadership role in Immortal.
Well according to your logic Vince, Shane, Rock didn't belong to Corporate Ministry because they were The Corporation but they were just working in conjunction with The Ministry of Darkness. fpalm.

Collectively they were called Corporate Ministry, likewise Fortune and Immortals are as stupid as it sounds collectively called Immortal.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Well according to your logic Vince, Shane, Rock didn't belong to Corporate Ministry because they were The Corporation but they were just working in conjunction with The Ministry of Darkness. .

Collectively they were called Corporate Ministry, likewise Fortune and Immortals are as stupid as it sounds collectively called Immortal.
so what are they? the ImFOURtals? Immortunes?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Immortal is just a huge clusterfuck, but there are people in that group who will turn face and go against them. It'll just take a few months. Hopefully Immortal will end at Lockdown so we can get a better reset, because the whole concept is just disgusting. It doesn't revolve around Jeff Hardy or any of the other talent, it revolves around Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair. There is a reason why some people find TNA 2010 to be abysmal, Immortal is one of the reasons.

·
Registered
202 Posts
True. Too many guys in there. Only guys in there should be JJ, Abyss and Hardy. They should have then feuded with Fortune.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Immortal is the only reason me and my 10 friends are watching TNA. I hate JJ before. Now he is my favourite in TNA! How can people hate on Bischoff?! Hes like the perfect heel! Love him! And also Hardy went from a very boring character in to a great one.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
It did indeed started as way too big IMO!,Reminded me of last days of WCW's nWo(before nWo2000)where most of the WCW roster was part of the stable,But at least they already let go of Morgan&Williams from Fortune and based on spoilers for next week or so.....I think another Fortune/Immortal member will likely be gone after the ppv.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Bischoff is the leader, Hogan is the extra space, Flair is the manager, Hardy is the pet, AJ is the hitman, everyone else are the goons.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
1 Hogan is "the boss"
1 Bischoff "gives the orders"
1 Hardy is... "the mascot of the team"
1 Abyss is "the muscle"
4 FOURtune are "the other brute force"
1 Flair is "awesomely crazy old man"
1 jarett is... "there" he doesn't even order anyone except for
1 gunner "security guard who happens to know how to wrestle" and
1 murphy "another security guard who happens to know how to wrestle"

there's 12 people in inmortal, that's kind of too big... they should have kept fortune out of it, it would have been epic if they turned face instead of a cheap shock-value boost that didn't even last, and don't tell me JJ is not part of inmortal, because he was there at the swerve, its funny how the FOUNDER OF TNA only has authority over 2 guys, the only one who actually fired people was bischoff and the guy is an annoying camera whore, he's ben putting himself over more than hardy, and hardy needs to be put over as a heel, otherwise, they'll be forced to turn him face quickly because it aint really working if others are going to do your job (even appear on camera for you)

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
My biggest issue with the stable is it seems like no real chemistry between the majority of them...Just a bunch of wrestlers thrown together

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It's got Ministry syndrome.

Fortune was awesome and an amazing idea, but then they did the following two things to ruin it:

1) Have more than four members

The idea was that it was a redux/honouring of the Four Horsemen right? Four guys, handpicked by Flair as his protégées. And not just any four, but four of TNA's long-term self reared talents. Now as much as I like Doug Williams and Matt Morgan, TNA couldn't have just had them just feud with these guys could they. No, they had to get in the way of the original concept first.

2) Have it be a small part of something more important

Immortal effectively made Fortune look unimportant. Because they had a governing body. It fucked it all. Flair was being a badass mofo, but now he's Hogan's kissy-ass bitch. They couldn't have done the swerve as say, Fortune turns out to be THEY!, and Immortal is the face faction that forms to fight them. Nice and simple. No, instead they've got to overcomplicate it.

Who's more in charge? What's TheerrRRRee their exact name? I mean exactly. Accuracy is rewarding, btw. All these questions caused it to just become a big ass clusterfuck.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My biggest issue with the stable is it seems like no real chemistry between the majority of them...Just a bunch of wrestlers thrown together
This.

It's like they don't belong together. It's like a group assignment in school and none of the members can get along nor do they compliment each other. That's how Immortal comes across.

Also adding Gunner and Murphy doesn't solve the problem either. Seriously, they're like the two biggest misfits of the group.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts