Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA once again fails. If they were insistent on having Immortal and the Jeff Hardy swerve, they could have followed on a lot better. It makes for boring TV ATM. On PPV, we aren’t getting matches that you would pay to see (even though they are there). I also hate hearing about TNA putting things off. They book on the fly, and this method really isn't conducive to that. By the time they come around to it, the opportunity will be gone. Realistically, here is a summary of what they should have done:

Impact after Bound for Glory

- Sting, Angle, Anderson and Pope are kept off of TV, allowing Immortal to consolidate on their takeover plan.
- Fortune breaks down. Flair, Roode and Morgan jump over to Immortal. Styles and Storm resist. Kaz and Williams get lost in the shuffle and move back to the X Division.
- Nash’s last night. Kevin Nash makes the ultimate unselfish act by putting over Immortal as they destroy him at the end of the night during Hardy’s WHC victory ceremony. A car frantically pulls up; RVD proceeds to the ring with a chair in hand, ruining the ceremony, and Immortal scatter.

Following week

- Hardy and Abyss go in search of RVD at his residence (they could have some funny skits here with these wrestlers out on the town).
- Immortal proceed to hold the belated WHC ceremony in Hardy’s absence, but they are interrupted by a dangling microphone. We get a feed from wherever Anderson is, on the Titantron. Anderson talks about assholes: what it takes to be an asshole and what an asshole is comprised of. He directs the focus of their attention to the ceiling. A Styrofoam ass construction starts pouring a brown substance through a hole (chocolate/manure, take your pick). Immortal get absolutely covered in it. TNA should be creating moments such as this that leave an indelible mark on the viewer. Despite his inability to wrestle because of an injury, I would continue to book Anderson at the end of shows where he almost always gets the better of Immortal. This is eventually whittled down to Bischoff. Also, on that, the show should be streamlined, with each feud getting its own segment, so we aren’t seeing members of Immortal 10, 000 times a night.

Hardy’s PPV reign/Immortal PPV rundown

Turning Point

Hardy d. RVD - WHC match - I’d pretty much book this feud separate from Immortal up to the PPV. At the end of the night, you can have Flair, Roode, Jarrett and Abyss run in, only to all be thwarted by RVD, but it does give Hardy the opportunity he needs to win.

Jarrett d. Joe - Jarrett cheats to win and annihilates Joe. This paves the way for Angle's return on Impact.

Styles d. Morgan - TV title - get Morgan to destroy Styles every chance he gets. It leads to a modern David and Goliath showdown where the fans are rooting for Styles to overcome the odds that have been conditioned into the viewer for the past month.

Roode w/Flair d. Storm - Bar Room Brawl match - Flair assists Roode in the win.

Final Resolution (hit hard with a 'cerebrus' ME to end the year)

Hardy d. RVD - WHC match - the following Impact after Turning Point, I’d have RVD turn up to Hardy’s place only to find… Matt Hardy! What an unexpected way to debut that’d be. We hire Matt Hardy per appearance, non wrestling role, to further the scenario between the two men. Matt is upset with his brother’s actions, but it’s still his brother. He maintains a friendship with RVD. Again, keep this away from Immortal. Hardy goes over RVD. Tease a Matt turn but don't fall for the cliché. Once this feud is over, Matt has done all he was brought in to do.

Angle d. Jarrett - Special Referee: Hogan - attach it to the previous feuds between these men, and the general dislike for one another. Hogan dedicates all his time to this feud. You’d cover how Hogan screwed Angle in the past. At the PPV, Angle gets both men in the ankle lock, forcing Jarrett to tap and Hogan to tap 3 times for the count. Ha ha.

Styles d. Flair - book this like a father/son relationship. Styles respects Flair and doesn’t want to hurt him. Flair is offended that his ‘son’ chose not to join Immortal. Flair cost Styles his TV championship by helping his new ‘son', Roode, win it on the Impact after Final Resolution, as Styles failed running the former Fortune gauntlet (keep us guessing like that, and in the process, make the TV title relevant). It could lead to the Impact debut of Ric Flair’s actual son, Reid, in a match against one of his idols, AJ Styles. They could really explore some interesting dynamics here. Flair cuts full on promos about Styles being a ‘spot monkey’ and a ‘flash in the pan’. At the PPV, Flair jobs to Styles, with Styles using some scientific mat wrestling to put Ric away. I’d say make the figure four leg lock relevant again, give it to Styles, and have Flair tap to it.

Roode d. Storm - TV title - Flair is busy, so this gives Storm the perfect opportunity to defeat Roode and take his recently won singles title. I’d book Roode strong. I’d put him over Storm, clean. Bring back his payoff/fisherman suplex.

Pope/Joe d. Morgan/Abyss - have Pope and Joe join forces against Immortal. Immediately after this PPV, they join with the returning Sting and sell some merch as The Wolf Pac, or if litigation beckons because of it, Sting Pac (‘Cyclone’ sounds rubbish).

Genesis

Hardy d. Sting - WHC match - on Sting’s return, I would imply that he is the beginning of the Jeff Hardy/mysterious kind of wrestler, tying in with the title of the PPV. I’d also book this with a supernatural twist. I’d have Hardy and Sting seemingly controlling each other’s behaviour and actions from time to time. Hardy saves Sting from Immortal’s goons, Sting battles his stablemates. Have them appear around each other, too. Not just in the ring, but also backstage. Their interactions will generally be silent. At the PPV, you put Hardy over Sting, relatively clean.

Angle d. Flair - Last Man Standing - this would be real bloodbath of a match. Everything about the feud could be vicious right up to, and including, the PPV. It would also be one of the original submission masters against the current all concurring one. Flair fails to answer the count after being drained of precious red.

RVD/Styles d. Jarrett/Abyss - Jarrett begins to use Abyss as his personal monster. The reasons/consequences of this/for this match lead into the following PPV.

Roode d. Joe - TV title - I doubt Roode could fisherman suplex Joe, so Joe may need to feign an injury or something for Roode to go over.

Against All Odds

Hardy d. Angle - WHC match - here’s where you really get Hardy using Immortal. The past tells him that he can’t beat Angle. He employs the help of Immortal throughout this feud. It's 'against all odds' for Kurt. Most likely, it will be one of Hardy's last wins for his current reign.

Sting d. Flair - we’ve covered Styles vs. Flair, Angle vs. Flair, I think this is the other one that some fans would pay to see. I would certainly upgrade Flair’s contract if it doesn’t allow for this kind of workload. Really give the viewer a history lesson on the past encounters of the two men, here.

Anderson d. RVD, Styles, Jarrett, Abyss - King of the Mountain/ #1 Contender match for the WHC - I’d hold Anderson’s in ring return off for a month or two, if it means he’ll be 100% ready, with less of a chance of re-injury. In the meantime, you could continue to book the out of ring feud between Anderson and Bischoff. Also, RVD/Styles' association feels the strain that comes with this kind of individual opportunity, while Jarrett hopes to use Abyss to his advantage to become the first three-time KOTM and a guaranteed title shot in the bag. Anderson wins the KOTM and gets a guaranteed PPV ME shot at the TNA WHC. I’d give him the first face run with the belt vs. Immortal.

Roode d. Pope - TV title - clean.

Joe d. Morgan - at this PPV, we have the remanants of Fortune vs. Wolf/Sting Pac. It makes for some good combinations on Impact for the month leading up to the PPV.

These are half the cards filled for the next four PPVs after Bound for the Glory. And you have the Tag Team scene, the X Division and the Knockouts to go. They could have done a whole lot better than what we are seeing.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
BTB section, brother.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Right now they dont seem as powerful as they did before.. and its weird... becausae STORYLINE wise they are still in control of the company.

·
Registered
340 Posts
With the exception of this:

Angle d. Jarrett - Special Referee: Hogan - attach it to the previous feuds between these men, and the general dislike for one another. Hogan dedicates all his time to this feud. You’d cover how Hogan screwed Angle in the past. At the PPV, Angle gets both men in the ankle lock, forcing Jarrett to tap and Hogan to tap 3 times for the count. Ha ha.
Which really makes no sense with Hogan tapping the three count if Jarrett isn't being pinned, it would be much better than where it's going now.

Breaking up Beer Money is something that should happen, as long as they actually make the two quality singles guys afterwards. A feud over the TV title would do that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They definitely dropped the ball after BFG with Immortal, but honestly does that surprise anybody?

At this point in time Immortal is technically still in control of the company, but are not present at all. If the casual fan just turned on Impact they would think that fourtune was the group in control of the show. Not to mention that the focal point of Immortal, Jeff Hardy, hasn't been a presence at all in recent weeks. This storyline just goes to show once again that TNA has no real direction for their product and goes with whatever Russo thinks would be cool that day.

·
Registered
673 Posts
TNA once again fails
Yeah yeah, Tna fails once again and you don't...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Cool post, I especially like the part where you defend the story proving that TNA hasn't failed with this storyline.

I dont have to defend it. I just like where TNA is going since BFG, storyline wise, especially with Reaction (plot holes filler..)

I also like the long term potential of immortals, new members will join sooner or later.

The obvious face fourtune vs heel immortals feud someday could be nice.

Then Jeff Hardy is the best thing in pro wrestling today since his heel turn.

And I dont like much of the things he proposed like splitting beer money and ending fourtune...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I dont have to defend it. I just like where TNA is going since BFG, storyline wise, especially with Reaction (plot holes filler..)

I also like the long term potential of immortals, new members will join sooner or later.

The obvious face fourtune vs heel immortals feud someday could be nice.

Then Jeff Hardy is the best thing in pro wrestling today since his heel turn.

And I dont like much of the things he proposed like splitting beer money and ending fourtune...
So you don't have to defend your post but then you did anyway? Normally you wouldn't have to but when you discredit someone else's you should probably offer why you're discrediting it.

That said I think your post makes perfect sense and raises valid points, I just wish they would book immortal as taking over, not fourtune.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the exception of this:

Which really makes no sense with Hogan tapping the three count if Jarrett isn't being pinned, it would be much better than where it's going now.
LOL, that’s an oversight on my part. Maybe Hogan could ignore Jarrett tapping, so Angle puts both men in the ankle lock, and Hogan screams for the bell while Jarrett taps.

Yeah yeah, Tna fails once again and you don't...
Take it easy, pal. I’m just presenting an alternative scenario. Feel free to do likewise.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Take it easy, pal. I’m just presenting an alternative scenario. Feel free to do likewise.
Yeah I'm going to take it easy. I had my spiritual awakening yesterday.

I love you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts