Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine if TNA expanded and they ended up having a second brand because you know how WWE they have the RAW and Smackdown brands, 2 brands all within their company, what if TNA had 2 brands, Impact and then a 2nd brand and then you have yourselves a brand split similar to what WWE did, imagine TNA doing the same thing, who would be on that brand or who should be on it

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Would love TNA to have a second brand, although not a "B" show like smackdown. Could be a pretty cool storyline to see someone like Bischoff GM a new "brand" and go up against Impact. Kinda how raw/smackdown used to be.

Man i miss the days of Angle/Lesnar/Show on smackdown vs Triple H Evolution etc on RAW

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I don't think TNA has a deep enough roster for something like that.
personally I wouldn't even want that. I haven't watched WWE much since they bought WCW and split into having 2 top champions. I think this works for WWE because they can pretty much do whatever they want and people will watch, but I don't like the idea of having 2 champions. so which one is the real heavyweight champion? RAW has been around longer than Smackdown, so I assume the RAW champion is the real heavyweight champion and I look at whoever the Smackdown champion is to be more of a lesser champion, like a mid card champion if anything.
I think a wrestling company should have 1 world heavyweight champion, and that is who the other wrestlers should be going after.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
LOL...imagine them going out of business because nobody wanting to see Brand B.....

And it is totally the wrong time anyway. The wrestling community thinks they are copying the WWE, so why do you want them to copy the WWE some more? Also the company might not survive past 2014.

·
Registered
259 Posts
YES to a 2nd show but NO to splitting the roster.
Make Xplosion a 1 hour show on maybe Sunday night.
-It continues storylines from Impact
-3/4 matches
-Showcase more X-division and KOs more
-Gives air time to wrestlers/storylines that didn't feature in the last Impact.

-Recaps/Previews the last & next Impact
-Maybe also feature the 24/7 backstage clips

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,946 Posts
They could easily make explosion the B brand. The show would be an hour long like Impact was originally and they can focus that show on the KO division and X division.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Imagine if TNA expanded and they ended up having a second brand because you know how WWE they have the RAW and Smackdown brands, 2 brands all within their company, what if TNA had 2 brands, Impact and then a 2nd brand and then you have yourselves a brand split similar to what WWE did, imagine TNA doing the same thing, who would be on that brand or who should be on it
Nobody watches TNA, who would watch a second brand?

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Second brand is stupid even the wwe is no longer slit i believe right ?

Second show would be sweet when needed down the road.

Name it

Reaction

or

Cross the line and make it ea edgy alternative show

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not enough wrestlers on the roster, and right now they dont need to go out and get a bunch of wrestlers, if all the reports are true, they don't even know their future. So they need to just make sure they stay in business right now... And oh thats an awful idea, just copy WWE some more, because that's what everyone wants...uhh no, they need to be different, i would like another show, but they don't even have the roster for that right now

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
The benefits for WWE back in the day to split the brand was that they were so popular that RAW or Smackdown were going to do phenomenal business wherever they went.

So instead of doing one house show in a day they could do two leading to double the profit. That and they had a massive roster of like 100+ guys and another 50 or so in various development sources so it was a good way to get everyone on TV.

In TNA. They're not drawing well enough to benefit from a second brand and there roster isn't big enough to warrant it.

I'd be all for a second show kind of like WCW Thunder. One or two big stars a week and a big emphasis on the younger guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.