Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine if a wrestler who is booked to turn from face to heel did this...

After the wrestler does his deed, such as turning on a babyface to turn heel, he (in a shoot) grabs the mic, and says "Yep, that's right, I am pure evil. And I'd like everyone to know that soon, we are all going to hell. Jesus is going to turn on you too, and when the end of the world comes in 2010, he annd Satan are going to take you all in to burn in hell."

I can only imagine the crowd going silent, all the other wrestlers in the ring going silent, and everything just coming to a halt. Imagine how much McMahon would be fuming, and how he would possibly have to issue a statement having to apologize and explain that the diatribe was not scripted as part of the show.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I would laugh.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
If someone were ever going to do something like that, they'd call out wwe on tv or something, which makes me wonder how nobody ever did that before? Like they were so mad with WWE, they just blew it during a promo and stuff(like what if Bret got a mic after the screwjob and started saying things...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well if I was in the crowd, I'd excercise my ability to kick ass, if not I'd excercise the ability to change the channel or sit there in silence if I can't find the remote (Lesnar goldberg WM20 :cussin:)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I thought no one believed in religion and all that bullcrap!

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
A better shoot would be 'Kevin Sullivan killed Chris Benoit!' That would really make everyone freak out.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
How the heck would that be a shoot promo?! I can't imagine why someone would reveal to be a Satanist on live television during a WWE show, if that happened I'd expect the Wrestler who cut that promo to change his gimmick the following week to a Kane clone or something like that.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
If someone were ever going to do something like that, they'd call out wwe on tv or something, which makes me wonder how nobody ever did that before? Like they were so mad with WWE, they just blew it during a promo and stuff(like what if Bret got a mic after the screwjob and started saying things...)
Because at that point, they are earning a good living wrestling. That is their career and they aren't markety-mark IWC fanboys, frustration with booking and creative direction is secondary to money and acting like a professional and a rational human being. If you pull bullshit like that, who else is gonna hire you. And if you are big-time enough that employers would overlook it, then you probably are in a decent spot an not as frustrated in the first place,

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Most random thought ever...

Vince is too clever to let any of his talent shoot on live TV anyway. Unlike WCW, who let guys say whatever they wanted - Vince watches everything. First sign of anything like this and the mic gets cut, they go to commercial or a video package and some wrestlers or security drag the guy out of the ring.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This was just dumb.

Seriously, you draw more heat by just saying "You can stick it." Forget about calling it stupid because you played the religion card, this was lame, cheesey, and served no purpose. It's a shit post to get an LOL out of...and you failed.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Most random thought ever...

Vince is too clever to let any of his talent shoot on live TV anyway. Unlike WCW, who let guys say whatever they wanted - Vince watches everything. First sign of anything like this and the mic gets cut, they go to commercial or a video package and some wrestlers or security drag the guy out of the ring.
Yeah, but I wonder if such a thing actually happened? I haven't seen anyone even attempt to shoot on TV before. You speak as if it's occurred. I'm honestly curious.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That would be stupid, but Randy Orton said Eddie was in hell, so I can expect anything from Vince ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts