Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Throw loyalty out the window, imagine if Jerry Lawler could care less about his job and last night, had his own screwjob by actually unhooking the title during the ladder match. He'd have to be crowned champion that night, even if WWE would come up with a solution to strip it of him next monday and most likely fire him.

I always think about how much power a WWE employee has when they're wrestling an important match, or even if they're just given a microphone. I mean you could say literally anything on live TV.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I was hoping that would happen, but it would've been both funny and sad because I'm pretty sure Vince would .... him of EVERYTHING (dignity included)

I'm not sure I want to see that, even at someone else's expense.

Btw, your sig will NEVER change :lmao

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Had Jerry Lawler pulled a screwjob on The Miz, not only would he be stripped of the title, but his job, and existance in the WWE. That would lead to a decade of Vince McMahon saying Jerry screwed Jerry, and it would eventually end in 2020. The image of a 71 King hugging a now-balding faux-hawked Miz is something very disturbing to visualize. No shit.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Miz will be balding in 10 years?

scary.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I just wish he fell off the ladder and landed on his head.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I was actually wondering this during the match. Surely sooner or later a lowly wrestler who is going nowhere in WWE will be given mic time and they'll say something completely out of whack.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Would have been funny if when Cole grabbed his leg he thought fuck it and just pulled the title down. Then just quit and retired as Champion. Probably owuldnt have been worth the lawsuit afterwards but would have been funny as hell.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
That would actually be pretty fucking hilarious. Lawler has seemed tired of his job for a while now; that would have been a hilarious way to say 'screw you guys, I'm out' to the business. Although Vince would've destroyed him on the way out, it might have been worth it just for the humor...

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
It's hilarious to think about, King grabs the belt and gives Cole the finger before dashing through the crowd to avoid security while Miz looks on confused at whats happening :D.
Dammit Jerry, you should have went for it!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lol Jerry screwing Miz. That would be really and i mean really really bad for the Miz.

Goodbye Main-event.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
What if a fan jumped the barricade and climbed the ladder and took the belt. Would he be the new champion?
Would never happen, security actually react pretty fast when it isn't John Cena rushing the ring.

As for the topic, they don't have to worry about live mic's because they are easy to cut and Raw runs on a 6-8 second tape delay so they could just silence the promo until they had time to cut the mic and then get the wrestler out of the ring...same thing with a sabotaged finish. Just cut the broadcast for a second...would take a hell of a lot of damage control afterwards but they could maintain kayfayabe.

and I'm sure there's some kind of stip in the wrestler's contracts that would leave them open to a lawsuit if they screwed a finish on purpose.

·
Registered
648 Posts
What if a fan jumped the barricade and climbed the ladder and took the belt. Would he be the new champion?
No. Even if the fan somehow made it past security, still no because kayfabe-wise the fan is not an active participant in the match. Same deal if the ref tried to grab the title, or a wrestler from the back came out. Kayfabe rules are still rules, you gotta be an active participant in the match.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
It'd be pretty funny. He probably cares too much about ever working again, maintaining his legacy in the business and not opening himself to a world of shit.

Besides, if he wanted to abuse his power, there must be a belt in Memphis he could be wearing for the next few years.

·
Banned
542 Posts
That would have been very interesting.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts