Wrestling Forum banner

Im sure Sting is pissed

774 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TripleG
giving up a million plus dollars
having a legendary match in front of 60+ thousand people
having a proper send off

all to stay true to himself (which I have no problem with)

If he could actually have propper match ups and a cool farewell tour that would be cool, but the way things are shaking up it looks like this is far from happening. Hopefully a match vs RVD is in the works
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,953 Posts
Of course he's pissed. With or without the WWE rumours/offers, he took a disrespectful slap to the face last night.

Jeff should count himself lucky he was in there with a consomate professional. Tougher old school guys would have slapped Hardy around silly in there before pinning him.

· Registered
260 Posts
Sting should have had his final send off at BFG 09 when he faced Styles in a very good match in my opinion. His speech at the end of that match showed just how he felt about wrestling again - he wasn't sure but the fans made him want to

then Hogan/Bischoff pissed all over TNA's chances at a future with their shit like the Nastys/BTLS and pushing Abyss farther than his talent will allow, and it watered down the product so much that Sting isn't even treated as a big deal, only that he's current champion but give it 6 months and he'll be lost in the shuffle too

I bet Sting probably does regret not reaching out to WWE although to be fair to Sting, the 2-21-11 hype WAS the creation of the IWC, nothing more as there was nothing promoted by WWE at all that it was Sting, only people clutching at straws and seeing things that were never there

· Banned
9,964 Posts
I really don't know why he doesnt wanna go to the WWE in this stage of his career. He's a legend, and won't be treated like shit now. Maybe back in 01, but now?

· Registered
1,509 Posts
I highly doubt Sting regrets sticking with TNA. He has his own set of priorities and goals, and he's living life on his own terms instead of basing it on what fans think is best or important.

When the time is right, probably after he retires, he'll probably partner with the WWE to put out a DVD career retrospective set. It just makes financial sense for both himself and the WWE.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
He had every right to be pissed, but at the same time, he deserves all the praise in the world for handling it the way he did. The temptation is to rough Hardy up, stiff the hell out of him, mess him up, & THEN pin him. However, somebody in that frame of mind is unpredictable, and whose to say Hardy wouldn't have started fighting back in an erratic state.

And like I said before, if I were Sting in that situation, there is no way in hell I'd be willing to take any offense from Hardy because that would just endanger me. And if Hardy had climbed to the top rope or something, he probably would have fallen off and severely hurt himself.

Sting did what was best for everybody involved. The PPV audience was already screwed no matter what, so Sting handled it in a way that kept everyone safe. People are making fun of the match for being 90 seconds, but I say Thank God it was just that because it could have been ALOT worse of a situation.

Sting gets full credit from me for being the ONLY guy who knew what the hell he was doing last night (well him & the referee).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.