Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wont change the fact that he is my favourite wrester of all time but lets be honest Cena is better technically and when he is at his very best, performs at a level higher than The Rock.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The problem of Cena is not his in ring work, the problem is he has had the lamest character and booking for 7-8 years. In fact the "he was supposed to be seriously injured but it was a fake because they want him to look like a superhuman" is more typical Cena bullshit. Of course it's WWE's fault.

·
Banned
586 Posts
This thread will not end very well at all. The rock 1997-99 was better inring entertainer then John Cena but Cena is probably the better of the two for match quality over their careers

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
No way.Don't compare Rock of today with Cena of today.If you want to compare,compare Rock of 1997-2003 with Cena of today,and you will see that Rock was much better in-ring performer than Cena.

2003 Hollywood Rock would run circles around Cena.Hell cruiser weights like Hurricane,high flyers like Jeff Hardy couldn't keep with him in the ring.He also carried Austin in his retirement match.

PS:One poster started a thread sometimes back,where he showed that in-prime Rock had got more 4 stars match than most of his peers back in the AE.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Normal matches/Free Television:Rock>Cena

PPVs/High Profile matches:Cena>Rock

That's the reason I think Cena has more **** matches than Rock
To be fair, the Rock probably would have easily have surpassed Cena in good matches if he had kept wrestling. If you even just look at 1999-2003, Rock has a tremendous amount of **** matches during that four year period before retiring.

In the long run, I think Rock's biggest matches will still be considered bigger and better in history than the biggest matches Cena will have been in.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Austin316 put it the best
end thread/
btw amazed to see 5cena threads on one page.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Flamebait thread.
Maybe if this site wasn't full of trolls, but OP is probably just being genuinely honest. Rock was pretty damn on top of game in 2002 thou. And in 2000 he put on nice classics with HHH (iron man match) and Benoit, and Jericho, and Angle. And...

the rock vs stone cold rebellion 2001 was probably their best match imo.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
It's a close run thing. Rocky is a better athlete and smoother in the ring, but Cena works that little bit harder. Cena also obviously takes it on longevity, but I do feel that at his peak, Rock was better. But Rock was also working with better guys like Foley, Austin and Trips, so it's a hard one to call. I'm a fan of both in the ring, and get a kick when delusional net marks insist that either are bad workers.

Reactions: Boots2Asses
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.