Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,923 Posts
I've reached the point where I basically zone out/put it on mute and focus my attention on something else when they come on. I love Pete Dunne, and by turning him into Scrappy Doo they've made it so that I can't even take him seriously anymore. Shame, because I think the last couple of years have been the best of Sheamus' career, and teaming him and Dunne up makes total sense.

The gimmick and the lughead are just ridiculous though, and I can't believe they're dragging this New Day garbage on so much.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm wondering how much longer they can keep doing matches against the New Day. It's like groundhog Day every week. Kinda want the ring to just explode and send them all into a black hole together, never to be seen again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I can't get my head round "Butch's character" he's basically just Scrappy Doo. At least when he was the Bruiserweight he had a direction of being a nasty bastard etc his current gimmick is borderline comedic

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I read they trademarked ‘Bloody Brutes’ the other day, so assume this is for them? As others have said the trouble with Butch is when they do unhinged it always comes across comedic. But if this gets Dunne a decentish run, that’s better than him coming up and sitting in catering before the next release cycle. I mean I can’t imagine Vince liking the Brummie accent.

Fairplay to Sheamus as well, for a guy said to be retiring as he was that busted a few years ago he has really turned it around. Notice too how they are slowly but surely building up stables again gradually?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Sheamus should be main eventing as the Celtic Warrior instead of being stuck in the tag team division with that lame "Irish pub brawler" character or whatever he's supposed to be.

If at least they had a feud with the Bloodline, now that's something I'd like to watch.

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
I'm wondering how much longer they can keep doing matches against the New Day. It's like groundhog Day every week. Kinda want the ring to just explode and send them all into a black hole together, never to be seen again.
Same thing again this week. :facepalm: WWE booking is so terrible these days.

Sheamus should be main eventing as the Celtic Warrior instead of being stuck in the tag team division with that lame "Irish pub brawler" character or whatever he's supposed to be.
He shouldn't. He's 44 years old and injury prone. That's why he rarely wrestles now and being in a group hides his limitations at this point. Sheamus has expressed the desire to retire soon anyway so there is no point in the company pushing him in the main event.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Sheamus is underrated. He's one of the best in ring workers in the company. He should be doing more. That is all.

·
Registered
722 Posts
As good as the stable can be we all know it ends up with them breaking up, having some one time PPV blow off match and then they get stuck on Main Event before they're released.

But as for them right now I think it's a nice midcard stable that are doing well against The New Day and maybe Big E can recover and we have a 6 man tag between them but that's probably out of reach at this moment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts